The race to finish in the top four

I am hoping that this end to the season has given everybody a kick up the backside. That there will be good investment with manager and board on the same hymn sheet. It's not difficult, get a plan.

Chelsea and Arsenal wins tomorrow would make the gap a point

its the form of the rest that means we’ve got a shot the gap was massive at the halfway point but all of us are so inconsistent.

Spurs look like their legs have gone and it’s one eye on the CL as they are probably just over the line.

West Ham players know if they turn up vs Spurs fans will be off their backs when they’re half arsing it in other games.

Even draws vs Everton and Wolves which are ok results would have made a massive difference. That Wolves game was one that really broke me with these players absolutely battered them for 30 minutes should have been 2 or 3 up easily but let them back in then folded as soon as pressure was on. At that point you knew this lot haven’t got the stomach for the fight it’s been the same for years can’t handle the pressure.

People forget they top 4 in their hands in LVGs final season but blew it at West Ham.

That's us done then the race is down to 3 there's no way Chelsea don't win one of their two remaining games.

Given where we were at the half way point we've done well to catch up but just wasn't quite good enough to get us over the line.

The scary thing is should we be more worried about what is coming up behind us rather than what's currently ahead of us in the league? Utd, Chelsea & Arsenal are all in a complete mess right now fallen way below the standards they had 10 years ago on and off the pitch.

Spurs have lost their last 9 away games against English sides. Last win was Jan20th vs Fulham

A win tomorrow would still give us an outside chance at top 4 with Arsenal and Spurs having Burnley away and Everton.

Honestly this was there for the taking, all four teams have been rolling over and having their bellies rubbed for game after game.

We don’t deserve to be in the champions league! I did think I needed something to do on Thursday nights, now I have something!

So if Watford win the FA Cup, we will be in a Europa League qualifier on 25th July. Awesome.

Not finishing in the top four is a blessing this season, it will allow current players who do not care about the club to leave and also will mean we will HOPEFULLY only attract/sign those that do want to play for the shirt. However, I do realise the folly in my argument due to the fact that Big Ed is in charge.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back