The race to finish in the top four

No one wants to finish between 3rd and 4th. All trying our best for 5th and 6th.

Yeah for me Chelsea and Spurs will get top 4. I think Chelsea have had their slump and whilst things are far from perfect they'll do enough. I think we will drop a few more points. But hey beat Chelsea and win most of our other remaining games and who knows.

Got to lose to City though. Got to.

I think Spurs for sure, the dropped points against Wolves blew us out, so it's between Arsenal and Chelsea for 4th for me.

Think every team has their flaws so it's still to early to rule anyone else Chelsea have hit a bit of form but have 2 very tough away games, Arsenal struggling away, Utd struggling home and away and Spurs lost Kane again last night to injury.

There's going to be plenty of twists and turns on this one the reason we're all so close is we aren't consistent.

Utd & Spurs both have easily winnable home games this weekend where you'd expect them to pick up 3 points but the other two could easily drop points so the picture could easily change again by this time next week. Ideally you'd want to be the team with the points in the bag but we are the chasers.

I think Spurs losing Kane might be a plus for them, they did well without him last time, then struggled when he came back.

I think the issue is that they always rush him back so when he comes back he's maybe only 80% match fit but they'll just play Son up top now who seems to be hitting form again. Spurs found an absolute gem when they got him from Germany.

Kane is obviously a top class striker but in terms of ability there is no question Son is superior. They will obviously miss Kane but they still have very dangerous forward players. Think Lucas Moura has tailed off a little but I laugh when everyone is writing off Spurs now because they’ve lost Kane - they will survive for sure.

I agree, I give them more chance now Kane is out.

Spurs and Chelsea for me. Hazard is going to be on fire trying to get that move.

The West Ham game is a massive game now, we have to get three points to keep up the chase and stop the rot.

Salah at it diving again. I hope they give out Yellows next season with VAR for diving.

Let’s hope arsenal slip up tomorrow the way they are away from home it’s possible.

Arsenal were damn lucky, if Watford didn’t go down to ten men there was no way they were winning that game.

Everyone from 3rd to 6th dropped points. Stupid chance wasted

Honestly all teams from 3-6 have a mountain to climb to be ahead of Liverpool and City next year. No-one seemingly wants these top four places. Luckily we haven’t lost much ground after the Everton loss but it’s one game less now. Needless to say we need to win on Wednesday night.

Honestly all teams from 3-6 have a mountain to climb to be ahead of Liverpool and City next year. No-one seemingly wants these top four places. Luckily we haven’t lost much ground after the Everton loss but it’s one game less now. Needless to say we need to win on Wednesday night.

You’d have thought that about Liverpool last season things can change quickly in football you can expect City to go 90+ again but I’m not convinced Liverpool could do that again.

1 or 2 improvements in key areas for all those teams 3-6 could quickly move them up a level and close that gap it’s all about consistently beating 7-20 which is what the top 2 have done and where 3-6 fail.

Personally think Utd and Chelsea have the most work to do both teams squads are a mess and Chelsea are facing that transfer ban so they’re going to have to trust the youngsters.

Arsenal as always are let down by their defence if Spurs can get a couple of decent centre mids are the ones who I think could get much closer next season if they can keep everyone together they really aren’t far away.

The annoying thing is it doesn’t look like either of the top 2 will lose anyone key this summer all their key players seem pretty happy. Rumours are Gundogan, Sane & Jesus might leave City to get more football but City will be able to attract quality replacements.

There's rumours Madrid are interested in all of that front 3 but Liverpool have tied them all down on long deals and it's not sustained noise which makes me think it's nothing.

Arsenal lose again think it's now a 3 horse race for 4th I think Spurs are now home and dry.

3 games to play and 3 points separating everyone but Chelsea/Arsenal have the goal difference.

Utd need 9 points and with our fixtures I think it can be done but it doesn't feel likely with the form we are in and given where we were at Xmas if we go it then that would be a miracle but we had it and threw it away. I think the Europa League will be a distraction to the other two Utd now face 1 game a week so no midweek means players can actually rest.

I think if Utd or Chelsea win at the weekend they'll get 4th if they draw I think Chelsea will just sneak it.

Spurs
West Ham (H)
Bournemouth (A)
Everton (H)

Arsenal
Leicester (A)
Brighton (H)
Burnley (A)

Chelsea
United (A)
Watford (H)
Leicester (A)

United
Chelsea (H)
Huddersfield (A)
Cardiff (H)

That’s what’s left, I would say Spurs are home and hosed. Then it’s between the other three, I think if we beat Chelsea then we should win the other two. Who knows what Arsenal will do but if I was going out on a limb I would put money on us and Spurs making up the top four.

Not so sure about Spurs like everyone else. West Ham is a big derby game. Tottenham can’t by a win away from home (8 losses in a row) and Everton are in great form. It’s wins against Chelsea Arsenal and United in their last 5 and a draw with Liverpool. Plus they’ve got Ajax and a real chance at winning the champions league to focus on.

Huddersfield and Cardiff will both be relegated when we play them but I still don’t see us getting top 4.

we've blown it I'm afraid. Shocking really, it was well within our grasp.

Chelsea and Spurs for me.

It's the hope that kills you

We'd blown it before Xmas but a miracle run gave us a real shot even put it in our own hands but eventually it all came crashing down.

I think Spurs are in because I don't see two of the teams below them getting 9 points which is what is required for them to drop out especially when one of those teams will have to be Arsenal.

Im quite certain that we will be playing on thursday nights next season unfortunately, I hope im wrong but I cant see it.

This season has turned me into a glass half empty sort of fan, the sad truth.

There is no way we'll get top 4.

Then Pogba and De Gea will moan they want CL football.

The only thing that makes you think it could happen is our form is so bad surely it can't continue we are due a good run one team is going to sort itself out and take that spot you just have to hope that it's us.

I actually think a season in Europa League might be good for us will give us a proper chance to blood a few of the youngsters like Greewood, Chong, Gomes, Garner etc to see if they can step up. Hopefully clear out the high earners who's contracts will be cut because of the lack of CL football. Apparently most of the big deals include bonuses for CL qualification if that doesn't happen players will be out of pocket so might help get them out the door. Yes the club will miss out on a load of revenue but who actually cares it's not like they're a club who spend every penny they earn on the team is it.

The rebuild starts with a clear out until we get players out players won't come in that is what I feel done for us last season.

there are so many good young players around, I agree, get out all the high earners who think they owed everything and put in no effort and bring in a team of young hungry players.

I’m not massively concerned about the champions league. It’s great when you’re in it and fighting for it but fighting to get to the last 16 because the squad isn’t good enough doesn’t bother me. Let’s hope not qualifying for it is a kick up the behind of the owners and Woodward. Twice we could have made the step forward and they’ve taken the easy route. Under LVG and Mourinho we had top 4 finishes and then didn’t make strong improvements because they were content with just the champions league football.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back