The race to finish in the top four 2019/20

What are Chelsea playing at 1-0 up vs 10 men and chucked everyone forward at a corner.

Chelsea looked really poor again how the hell are they 4th.

Their next 3 games are Leicester, Us, Tottenham. Hopefully we can jump ahead of them in this period.

This isn’t a strong Burnley side. They’ve been poor this season and are struggling. Good result for them this weekend but they’ve lost by 3 or more to Tottenham, Chelsea and City in the last month.

Don’t worry, we can make any side look strong on their day!

This top four spot is there for the taking if we really want it. Chelsea are inconsistent like ourselves, Spurs and Arsenal the same - then teams like Wolves and Sheff United will probably not quite make it. Leicester are also sinking a little bit now.

This isn’t a strong Burnley side. They’ve been poor this season and are struggling. Good result for them this weekend but they’ve lost by 3 or more to Tottenham, Chelsea and City in the last month.
When I meant strong, I mean physically, which our players don't like to mix it up, and to be fair they've had quite a few injuries. Can see this one only be settled by the odd goal hope I'm wrong mind you could do with plenty of action to keep me warm it's going to be a cold one tonight.

Could be a blessing in disguise that Lindelof is out. Woods, Barnes and Rodriguez aren’t the sort of strikers he thrives against.

Think our last 3 games at home vs them have been 2 draws and 1 win so they are a team we have had problems against in the past few years.

Massive weekend in this.

City vs Tottenham. Leicester vs Chelsea. United vs Wolves.

Next game kind of answers the question for us.

Win at Chelsea it’s game on
Draw it’s probably over
Lose it is definitely over

We are not consistent enough to close a big gap so it’s vital in a head to head we strike a big blow.

I don’t think we will make it but the door is still open if the injured players come back soon and hit the ground running we could get on a run but with Europa league back I think it’ll be very hard for this team to build momentum as there a lot of guy with a lot of minutes in the legs already.

if we can get Pogba and Rashford back by end of Feb I think we have more than Chelsea and Spurs.

Can't see Rashford being back that quickly double stress fracture with the rehab work has got to be at least 2 months and he did it mid January so we might have him back after the international in March if all goes to plan.

Pogba should be back after this break he's out of his cast so should be just working his way back up to full speed now.

I am giving up on the "top 4 race" at this point, just to save my sanity. I will be overjoyed should we achieve it, but every time we get the chance to get closer to top 4 we balls it up.

It all comes down to the next game. Can't really give up on it until then. Win next week and we're 3 off Chelsea. Be interesting to see the team sheet come that game.

Also Chelsea have just dropped their keeper for Cabelero which is someone we need to get at. Bruno pop shots for his first goal and a 1-0 win!

The league is a bit crazy this season we are 6 points behind Chelsea in 4th but only 5 points clear of Palace in 14th, Liverpool who are top have double the number of points we have

That said this gap to Chelsea has been pretty consistent for a few months now so it kind of makes you feel like it won't close up as you just don't see Utd suddenly becoming more consistent.

That 4th spot is a gift to whoever gets it you can't imagine the points total for it will be that high but all the teams fighting for it aren't very good so all the slip ups never seem to be punished.

It’s been a funny old season. Chelsea have seemingly been in 4th forever but their form hasn’t been great at all - it’s just that teams below them haven’t been able to take advantage. To be honest anywhere down to 9th/10th are still in with a shot at 4th, it’s been that kind of season. The next game is crucial for us, beat Chelsea and we are right in it. What an opportunity for teams like Sheffield United and Wolves though!

Also just looked at the table and Arsenal have won just 6 games in 25 - quite a stat! Only Watford and Norwich have won less.

Didn't realise it was that bad for Arsenal. They don't look like they're getting stronger either and a bottom half finish is a real possibility for them.

Didn't realise it was that bad for Arsenal. They don't look like they're getting stronger either and a bottom half finish is a real possibility for them.

They've taken 4 points out of 6 off us as well Everton who were having a shocker this season are suddenly only 2 points behind us.

Saw something that said 19% of our league goals this season have come against Norwich 7 goals against them 36 in total in the league.

We've won 9 out of 25 this season we are on track for 53 points which I'm guessing in a regular season would normally see you finish 8-10th.

Chelsea are heading for 62 points which feels well short of what you normally need for a top 4 finish.

It's just a crazy season saw another thing saying that based on Xg this season City would be 5 points clear of Liverpool but instead they 22 points behind basically Liverpool have edged a few close games whereas City have dropped points in games where they've absolutely battered the opponent like Sunday.

It's a tricky one to get your head around are all these teams bad teams are have things just levelled out because of the TV money the mid table clubs have much better squads and don't have to sell their best players anymore so when top sides have a bit of a dip they find it hard to beat them as the gap isn't huge.

Sheffield United continue to smash it with another win today. 5th now, 2 points behind Chelsea.

I know Liverpool have been awesome this season but Wilder has to be right up there as manager of the season. Unfashionable players, unfashionable manager but they are killing it!

I’d have Wilder over Poch. Doing fantastic things with that team.

They’ll get in Europa league and end up fighting relegation like Burnley did a few seasons back.

They’re a very organised hard working team that don’t give up a lot of goals which makes them hard to beat.

They’ll get in Europa league and end up fighting relegation like Burnley did a few seasons back.

They’re a very organised hard working team that don’t give up a lot of goals which makes them hard to beat.
Europa league makes the prem difficult when you don't have a big squad or a decent one at that,take a look at us!

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back