The race to finish in the top four 2019/20

Getting even tighter now with Wolves & Sheff Utd really in the mix none of these sides look like putting a decent run together.

Leicester looking shaky as well.

With some reinforcements coming in January and so many returns from injury allowing rotation I think top 4 and a cup double is possible.

Liverpool are 66/1 not to win the league.

United are 17/1 for a top 4 finish and Europa league win. 4/1 favourites to win the league.

This day could be the defining moment. If the gap does to 6 with 9 games to go.

Big win for Chelsea they needed that and in Gilmore they look to have a potential star on their hands.

Other results weren’t to bad for us but we need something today.

I don’t see us getting 4th just can’t see us being consistent enough to close the gap we’ve been given more than enough chances and wasted them.

Big win for Chelsea they needed that and in Gilmore they look to have a potential star on their hands.

Other results weren’t to bad for us but we need something today.

I don’t see us getting 4th just can’t see us being consistent enough to close the gap we’ve been given more than enough chances and wasted them.
Where's your mind now kiddo :)

Get Tottenham out of the way next week and we’ve got a good run in. Chelsea finish the season with Liverpool and Wolves last 2 games

Where's your mind now kiddo :)

Still don’t trust them until they can beat the teams they should beat regularly as that’s where points are getting lost had plenty of days like today vs the top sides it’s the middle/bottom sides we need to see the improvement against.

Chelsea have quite a nice run, when they play Liverpool the title is in the bag, the unbeaten run is gone and maybe a CL final around the corner.

I think really our best chance is Leicester.

Chelsea do have a habit of messing up though, like us.

Villa, City ,West Ham, Watford, Palace, Sheff Utd, Norwich, Liverpool, Wolves

Against

Tottenham, Sheff Utd, Brighton, Bournemouth, Villa, Southampton, Palace, West Ham, Leicester

We definitely have the easier run in. They've got to play City and Liverpool. Liverpool away, last game of the season when they're collecting the trophy. That place will be bouncing.

Leicester is worse than both though:

Villa, Watford, Brighton, Everton, Palace, Arsenal, Bournemouth, Sheff Utd, Tottenham, Man Utd.

Tottenham, Arsenal and Everton are all away too.

I think we'll catch both and finish 3rd.

Leicester win 4-0 against Aston Villa. They are now 5 and 8 points clear of Chelsea and United respectively.

What are the odds that everything starts the same as it did this season? No CL winner or Pl winner no one promoted or relegated? Is that a possibility? I hope so

I think there is a very good chance of that. This virus is going to get much worse before it gets better. Liverpool are way in front but you gave to also think of everybody else in the league. Fourth place is still up for grabs for about 4 teams. There are fights against relegation too.

I think there is a very good chance of that. This virus is going to get much worse before it gets better. Liverpool are way in front but you gave to also think of everybody else in the league. Fourth place is still up for grabs for about 4 teams. There are fights against relegation too.
We won’t resume PL in April because like you said it’s going to get worse then there won’t be enough time to finish the league in time anyway , let’s do a reset and see how cocky Jamie carrager and souness is then!

Imagine Liverpool not winning the league this season? Oh many hilarious chuckles will be happening. Probably just be on the bus one day and let out a little laugh. People would think I’m crazy but I would be so happy.

Imagine Liverpool not winning the league this season? Oh many hilarious chuckles will be happening. Probably just be on the bus one day and let out a little laugh. People would think I’m crazy but I would be so happy.
Haha I get what you mean I would be doing the same during a very intimate time with my wife id just chuckle and it would make her very paranoid.

Get Tottenham out of the way next week and we’ve got a good run in. Chelsea finish the season with Liverpool and Wolves last 2 games
Everything has changed but had things stayed normal, it wouldn’t have surprised me if Liverpool played their youth just so Chelsea win and finish above us.

Some calling for the Premier League to be declared null and void as it is unlikely to start back early April.
Fair do's

My guess is all seasons gets declared null and void
No european competitions next season
Euro 2020 is cancelled rather than postponed

My guess is all seasons gets declared null and void
No european competitions next season
Euro 2020 is cancelled rather than postponed
You are obviously giving no thought to the economic or commercial elements of that. Not a hope of that happening if the business people get their way.

I think the premier league and Euro’s will null and void. They’re talking 16 weeks before it’s hit it’s peak. That’s the end of July.

Can’t see next seasons champions league being cancelled though.

I think the premier league and Euro’s will null and void. They’re talking 16 weeks before it’s hit it’s peak. That’s the end of July.

Can’t see next seasons champions league being cancelled though.
Liverpool fans will be a laughing stock

There is apparently about 20 situations they’re looking at. Including

- Giving Liverpool the title
- Promoting West Brom and Leeds and having a 22 team league next season
- Second to Eighths having a champions league play off tournament in the summer.

You are obviously giving no thought to the economic or commercial elements of that. Not a hope of that happening if the business people get their way.

I think for most PL teams they’d probably be happy with that keeps them all in the club for the pay day next season.

For UEFA it’s a different story if leagues don’t finish do you just invite the same teams as last year which clubs currently in those spots unhappy. UEFA can probably survive without a euro tournament with the format we have for 2020 it’s not like 1 country has missed out after spending billions on infrastructure. Not having the european club tournaments would be a bigger issue as that is where the real money is. Let’s be honest the clubs who get the CL money can probably all stomach one year without it.

The only sensible solution is once it’s safe to do so leagues carry on and we work out the calendar problems from then on but it isn’t going to be easy as contracts expire on 30th June what happens to those players if we have to close out seasons late. Might take a few seasons before we get back to regular calendar but I think things need to finish before new seasons start.

My guess is with leagues suspended clubs are going to be reluctant to pay players unless insurance covers them for it can’t keep paying out if there’s no money coming in and supporters will need refunding as well.

The just award things as they are now will result in a legal minefield so I think there’s zero chance of that happening.

Can’t just give Liverpool the title and CL places or Europa and relegated places to the teams in it now there’s still so much to play for which won’t be completed imo

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back