The race to finish in the top four 2019/20

Leicester have been hit by a few injuries.

They've not had Periera since the restart, Maddison and Chilwell both picked up knocks and now Soyuncu is banned for the last 3 games and they don't have a lot of depth so the team is creaking a bit.

I think Maddison and Chilwell are both in contention tomorrow.

Hmmm Maddison. What happened to him being the next best thing?

Usual thing of everyone got a bit carried away the price tag being talked about was hilariously high but a talented kid.

Always wanted to see him sustain that form over more than 1 season before we went for him and the signing of Bruno kind of killed any further talk of him coming to Utd.

Burnley 1 Wolves 1 96th minute pen to equalise from Burnley

That’s probably them out of it 3 points behind 4th with 2 to play with the Goal Difference as well they need Utd/Leicester to lose both games then draw their final game to get in now

Next round of games are gonna be big ones. If we beat West Ham and Jose/Klopp do us a favour we are in the driving seat.

Still in our hands win two games and it's done but we all know that will be tough would be great if one of the others slip up.

A West Ham win tonight would be nice that means they're safe so they come to Old Trafford with nothing to play for but it's all about us doing our job.

Nothing like a United drama taking it to the last 2 games! I've just been speaking to a Liverpool supported who has said after the Liverpool Chelsea game there will be a big presentation that the club have put a lot of effort into. His thoughts are they won't want to lose and then pick the Premiership trophy up so hopefully the Liverpool we know show up and do the business. Spurs could also do us a big favour.

At the end of the day all we need and HAVE to do is win both games, doesn't matter what else goes on.

I dunno Liverpool have dropped a level since the comeback they've not really been at their best so I can see Chelsea getting a win happens with all teams who've won the title there's a natural dip and easing off.

Spurs seem to be coming into a bit of form Kane is scoring again so they'd be the ones I'm looking at.

Yeh I think we will have more joy with Leicester dropping points but Wolves on the last day will be really tough fro Chelsea. I can see a draw from that.

Whatever happens with the other teams now, a draw against West Ham and a Win against Leicester seals it for us.

I think we’ve got to go a full second 11 against Chelsea. Get this team through to the end of the season and have a break before the Europa starts up.

I think Martial and Rashford look quite sharp anyway at the minute.

Greenwood strangely looks a like he needs a rest along with Bruno, Pogba and Matic.

AWB doesn't look tired but he's had a few poor games and so has Maguire so i'd give them the weekend off too.

Shaw and Brandon will be having a rest now anyway so we should be fresh for next Wednesday.

Brendan Rodgers confirms Christian Fuchs, James Maddison, Ben Chilwell & Soyuncu (suspended) will miss the last 2 games of the season

Apparently Maguire is playing on painkillers got a hip problem that he has to manage might explain why he looks so stiff sometimes.

We need to be very wary of West Ham. Moyes has got them playing well and now they are safe they will be playing with a certain freedom and confidence.

Spurs started well against Leicester and 1-0 up. Would be a great boost and even better if they knock in a couple more goals. Then we smash West Ham and it’s nearly job done.

Disappointing to go out of the cup but all in all still a decent day for us in the race for top 4 which I think we’d all decided was of more importance at this stage of our rebuild.

Two games to go. 4 points and it’s definitely our spot.

2 draws and it’s also definitely our spot.

1 loss and 1 win and it would probably be our spot. 1 win and 1 loss and it would probably be Leicester’s spot.

A strange situation where if you were offered a guaranteed 2 points now you’d accept it but turn down 3!

I know WHU have won a few games and been free scoring but have they been playing well?

The way we have been in the last 3 games I'm fearful we're going to throw this advantage away again and it'll be a must win on the last day

So guys, here we are, last 2 games to go. What are your thoughts on results and scores for the remaining 'important' fixtures. It's so hard to call but mine are below

Wednesday
United v West Ham -------D 2-2
Liverpool v Chelsea -------A 1-2

Sunday
Chelsea v Wolves ---------D 1-1
Leicester v United ---------D 1-1

We are at home to West Ham and I expect a comfortable win in truth. Also I cannot see Chelsea beating Liverpool. I know they’ve won the title already but they’ll still want to put on a show before their getting their hands on the trophy.

I would go along with two draws on the final day in both of those games. Gonna be a tense one against Leicester if say they need a 1 or 2-0 win to catch up on goal difference. If we are level on points and goal difference then it goes to goals scored and currently Leicester lead that race by 4.

Those results would see us finish third! Thankfully Leicester are done. Can't see them getting a win against us. They're 16th in the table since lockdown was lifted. Wolves and Liverpool also look fairly beaten though at the moment with their minds elsewhere for differeing reasons.

Man utd vs West Ham 2-1
Liverpool vs Chelsea 1-2

Chelsea vs Wolves 2-0
Leicester vs United 0-2

no way I see Leicester as an easy game, they will have had 7 days rest.

We need to beat West Ham and try and up the goal difference.

If we can get 4, I can't Leicester beating us by 4.

They’d only have to beat us by 2. Goal difference would come off ours by 2 too.

Man Utd v West Ham 3-0
Liverpool v Chelsea 1-1

Chelsea v Wolves 2-2
Leicester v Man Utd 1-3

Man Utd v West Ham 1-1
Liverpool v Chelsea 1-2

Chelsea v Wolves 2-0
Leicester v Man Utd 2-2

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now