The race to finish in the top four 2019/20

I can’t see there being a race for top four this season to be honest. All we can ask for with this young team and new manager is stability, belief & loyalty! We need to set the foundations!
I believe we have started a 3-4 (maybe even 5) year plan very well. Great new young signings & a manager, with Phelan & Carrick, trying to bring back the “United” way.
I’m backing Ole and the youngest for the future.

Don’t think anyone looks great outside the top 2

Spurs look like they’re imploding latest rumours suggesting the dressing room is a mess. Players all unhappy with contracts and even reports of Vertonghen sleeping with another players wide resulting in a black eye.

Chelsea seem to be scoring for fun but can’t stop them going in the other end
Arsenal see above
Utd see above but the reverse fairly tight at the back but don’t create chances many chances and don’t score the ones they do.

There’s a huge chance for the likes of Leicester, West Ham, Wolves or Everton to gate crash the top 4. Leicester have made the strongest start but can they sustain it through the entire season? Wolves and Everton probably to far behind to make a serious move.

Agree with everything you’ve said there. Something is just not right at Tottenham. (?) Leicester are looking to goods to steal a top 4 spot, but will it last?
The hardest part for me about MUnited’s situation at the moment is our own so called fans. ......But that’s for another post.

Fans are fans none of us are perfect.

I’m lucky until recently I’ve only known success and it’s been tough watching a very mediocre team slug it out for the last few years.

I find it hard enough watching on TV can only imagine what those spending fortunes going to sit or stand in the cold every week are feeling watching a team so devoid of pleasure for so long.

At the start of the season I thought top 4 was achievable not because we would improve massively but because our rivals were all having similar issues but so far we are looking short of goals and goals win games. If you only score 1 a game then you can’t afford any slip ups at the other end

Fans are fans none of us are perfect.

I’m lucky until recently I’ve only known success and it’s been tough watching a very mediocre team slug it out for the last few years.

I find it hard enough watching on TV can only imagine what those spending fortunes going to sit or stand in the cold every week are feeling watching a team so devoid of pleasure for so long.

At the start of the season I thought top 4 was achievable not because we would improve massively but because our rivals were all having similar issues but so far we are looking short of goals and goals win games. If you only score 1 a game then you can’t afford any slip ups at the other end

Yeah, we’ve been very lucky with our successes in recent history. I do forget it’s all some new fans have known.
As a football fan I’m looking forward to the rebuild of the team.

Yeah, we’ve been very lucky with our successes in recent history. I do forget it’s all some new fans have known.
As a football fan I’m looking forward to the rebuild of the team.

I'd be looking forward to it if I had faith in the people calling the shots but I'm looking at the manager and the board and seeing a load of people who've never done this before so there's very little that makes you think he did this at another club I'm sure he can do it here.

My worry is Ole is just the latest name served up to distract the fans from the fact that the owners don't actually want success they just want your money.

Top four might have to be a write off this season feels we are doing that earlier and earlier every year think our longest title challenge in 6 years last until November under LVG now the clocks haven't even gone back and top 4 is looking like the impossible dream.

I still make Chelsea the favourites because they've got the points on the board and I think the teams chasing them will all have ups and downs.

Utd have made up ground but we all know silly points will get dropped so it'll be very hard to close that gap.

I do think Spurs could be the one to make up the gap because they have proven players up top and if he can get that defence back to anywhere near it's best then Spurs could go on a very good run.

Think we are now at the point where we have to say Leicester are very likely to be in the top 4

Premier League: Manchester United 4-1 Newcastle United - 26th December 2019

4 points off 4th place Chelsea.

Up in to 5th with the weekends results favouring us. New Yrs day against Arsenal will be tricky they looked good for 70 minutes yesterday. Their fitness levels are poor though and hopefully we can take advantage.

Arsenal away is one of those weird games when we should win we normally lose and when we should lose we normally win.

They’re a big 6 team which means on form we should win but they’re below us in the league so on form we should lose.

It’s all going to be who can be the most consistent vs the bottom half team as to who gets top 4.

1-1 draw with Brighton. Win tonight could the gap to two would be a great start to the year.

Wolves and Spurs currently losing to Watford and Southampton. Fingers crossed both drop points.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Think Chelsea, utd, Spurs, arsenal are all pretty even think the top 3 will stay well clear of 4th

Like last season it’ll be who is the least shit in the run in as none of these teams are particularly consistent.

Incoming choke confirmed. But maybe this plucky ragtag team of misfits will concoct a plan so daring it just might work. Depending on which players put in a performance it could go anywhere. 4-0 Liverpool, or 1-2 United. We could capitulate like we did to City or we could give them a PSG away. Who knows.

Can't wait, though.

Important run of games coming up for us and Ole

Burnley
FA Cup
League Cup City away already 3-1 down
Wolves
Chelsea

Go out of both cups and lose to Wolves in a week and that’ll be curtains I’d imagine.

Yeah even Leicester starting to stumble but they’ve probably got enough points in the bag to stay clear of the chasing pack who just can’t stay consistent.

Was like this last season as well the teams who finished 3rd and 4th all massively stumbled over the line because the teams chasing couldn’t win any games.

I think Rashford being out kills our chances I just can’t see us developing any consistency without Rashford.

Yeah even Leicester starting to stumble but they’ve probably got enough points in the bag to stay clear of the chasing pack who just can’t stay consistent.

Was like this last season as well the teams who finished 3rd and 4th all massively stumbled over the line because the teams chasing couldn’t win any games.

I think Rashford being out kills our chances I just can’t see us developing any consistency without Rashford.
With no reinforcements, you're right, we're doomed. If Greenwood felt any pressure before, now he's going to be turned from coal to diamond. Even if we only get loan players, we have to get bodies in. Two strikers, two midfielders, some fullbacks. We really need one of everything except goalkeeper.

With no reinforcements, you're right, we're doomed. If Greenwood felt any pressure before, now he's going to be turned from coal to diamond. Even if we only get loan players, we have to get bodies in. Two strikers, two midfielders, some fullbacks. We really need one of everything except goalkeeper.

Huge pressure on Martial now he’s got to lead that front line every week in Rashford absence.

James probably going back to the left needs to provide some of that early season thrust as well but he looks like he’s in serious need of a rest too.

Mata probably going to have to be more involved than we’d hoped unless Bruno arrives.

Can even argue that the best Man Utd keeper this season is the one playing for Sheffield Utd haha.

What are Chelsea playing at 1-0 up vs 10 men and chucked everyone forward at a corner.

Chelsea looked really poor again how the hell are they 4th.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back