The race to finish in the top four 2019/20

Billy Best

I can’t see there being a race for top four this season to be honest. All we can ask for with this young team and new manager is stability, belief & loyalty! We need to set the foundations!
I believe we have started a 3-4 (maybe even 5) year plan very well. Great new young signings & a manager, with Phelan & Carrick, trying to bring back the “United” way.
I’m backing Ole and the youngest for the future.

jsp

Don’t think anyone looks great outside the top 2

Spurs look like they’re imploding latest rumours suggesting the dressing room is a mess. Players all unhappy with contracts and even reports of Vertonghen sleeping with another players wide resulting in a black eye.

Chelsea seem to be scoring for fun but can’t stop them going in the other end
Arsenal see above
Utd see above but the reverse fairly tight at the back but don’t create chances many chances and don’t score the ones they do.

There’s a huge chance for the likes of Leicester, West Ham, Wolves or Everton to gate crash the top 4. Leicester have made the strongest start but can they sustain it through the entire season? Wolves and Everton probably to far behind to make a serious move.

Billy Best

Agree with everything you’ve said there. Something is just not right at Tottenham. (?) Leicester are looking to goods to steal a top 4 spot, but will it last?
The hardest part for me about MUnited’s situation at the moment is our own so called fans. ......But that’s for another post.

jsp

Fans are fans none of us are perfect.

I’m lucky until recently I’ve only known success and it’s been tough watching a very mediocre team slug it out for the last few years.

I find it hard enough watching on TV can only imagine what those spending fortunes going to sit or stand in the cold every week are feeling watching a team so devoid of pleasure for so long.

At the start of the season I thought top 4 was achievable not because we would improve massively but because our rivals were all having similar issues but so far we are looking short of goals and goals win games. If you only score 1 a game then you can’t afford any slip ups at the other end

Billy Best

Fans are fans none of us are perfect.

I’m lucky until recently I’ve only known success and it’s been tough watching a very mediocre team slug it out for the last few years.

I find it hard enough watching on TV can only imagine what those spending fortunes going to sit or stand in the cold every week are feeling watching a team so devoid of pleasure for so long.

At the start of the season I thought top 4 was achievable not because we would improve massively but because our rivals were all having similar issues but so far we are looking short of goals and goals win games. If you only score 1 a game then you can’t afford any slip ups at the other end
Yeah, we’ve been very lucky with our successes in recent history. I do forget it’s all some new fans have known.
As a football fan I’m looking forward to the rebuild of the team.

jsp

Yeah, we’ve been very lucky with our successes in recent history. I do forget it’s all some new fans have known.
As a football fan I’m looking forward to the rebuild of the team.
I'd be looking forward to it if I had faith in the people calling the shots but I'm looking at the manager and the board and seeing a load of people who've never done this before so there's very little that makes you think he did this at another club I'm sure he can do it here.

My worry is Ole is just the latest name served up to distract the fans from the fact that the owners don't actually want success they just want your money.

Top four might have to be a write off this season feels we are doing that earlier and earlier every year think our longest title challenge in 6 years last until November under LVG now the clocks haven't even gone back and top 4 is looking like the impossible dream.