The New Schmeichel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lindegaard a done deal within 48 hours, for around 3.5mill??

Yeah sounds likely to happen. Makes sense him being in Manchester as well as the Norweigan season is finished isnt it? Shall we assume he's signing with a view to joining from January as opposed to joining next summer?

I can honestly say I know nothing about him other than he has rather randomly, considering his career path, been linked with a lot of big clubs. He is clearly coming as a back-up though as all the (usually!) reliable people I read from have indicated we're after him plus a 1st choice keeper (most consistent names are De Gea, Stekelenbourg and Neuer). Also hearing a lot of stuff indicating that Kuszczak, as well as VDS, will be on his way by next summer so 2 keepers are necessary. And its not really ideal to have 2 top-class keepers in a squad (I say that from the point of view the 2nd choice will rarely get a game)...

So not really a lot to lose from this although potentially £3.5m is maybe a little more than I'd have estimated. Great move for him though and I wish him all the best (if it does indeed happen!)

Lindegaard is arriving today for a medical at the Carrington.

As per our great dane, he's only good enough to be a no. 2 GK, that's why we're getting De Gea too. Really looking forward to seeing De Gea in a United Jersey?

Lindegaard's agent has been spotted at Old Trafford the last few days so a deal looks on. £3.5 million with bonuses for appearance milestones I hear. A little bird tells me that a double deal could be on with De Gea joining too with Kuszczak dumped though not sure if this is January or summer windows.

I've been told it's £2m + the £1.5m in clauses.

I agree with Schmichael to an extent, we've gone through many keepers since he's left and only one has been good enough and that's VDS, we require the best and most proven Goalkeeper, Lindegaard isn't that man yet. Lindegaard is surely just a #2 Goalkeeper at the moment.

Sky Sports | Football | News | Schmeichel's keeper warning

From Andy Mitten: Ok, some inside info. Lindegaard's NOT at Carrington for medical. Talks due, not necessarily today. Deal not as advanced as SSN making out.

Jeez, what a confusion. On one hand it's reported he is in England having a medical. On the other hand, it's reported he still in Norway and United and Aalesund still trying to reach an agreement. Kinda confusing, as rumors use to be.

De Gea is proven, he has been Athletico's no. 1 for the past two seasons, and he played in the Europa league final, so he isn't unproven or inexperienced. plus the Spanish league isn't the easiest league to keep goals either?

He's actually more experienced than Lindegaard, who was an unknown even in Denmark when he got his first call up about 2 years ago!

De Gea is proven, he has been Athletico's no. 1 for the past two seasons, and he played in the Europa league final, so he isn't unproven or inexperienced. plus the Spanish league isn't the easiest league to keep goals either?

He's actually more experienced than Lindegaard, who was an unknown even in Denmark when he got his first call up about 2 years ago!

He's 20, he's not experienced regardless of how long he's been playing in La Liga and the Europa League final. 2-3 years is nothing compared to someone like Buffon or as we have now Van Der Sar who have/had both won Domestic Titles, Champions Leagues, played internationals at major tournaments. He's not proven on the big stage, to me the Europa League is not a big stage, mickey mouse competition. I never said Lindegaard was more experienced either by the way. There's no doubt he's a very good goalkeeper and can potentially get better but I still feel it's a risk for us to have a 20 year old as our #1 keeper especially when many keepers have come in, in the past and succumbed to the pressure of keeping for United.

Talks are ongoing, my guess is, Lindegaard will be in town next week. Weird that Sky were told he was having a medical when he was still in Norway. They rarely report something wrong.

Not* ;)

Kuz is definitely on his way, he was on the bench on the weekend though wasn't he? Might just be an injury, I doubt that though.

true, can't blame TK for wanting first team action, he was such a relief to watch in goal last season after Ben "disaster" Foster screwed up in the beginning? he was very solid, and the run of games really helped him, he was getting better.
Today interesting quotes from Welbeck, saying that at United he was missing many games and then had to play suddenly and was not able to play well, fair point i think, can't really improve and show how good you are if you don't get enough games regularly, exactly what Nani needed, and so do Ando and Kiko

I think it's been a bit of a problem over the last few years, rarely do we name the same team in consecutive games, I think SAF alluded to it a bit yesterday, he said he's switched the attacking pairing too much this season and said this was why Berba's form has dipped.

This is why i'd like Gibson to go out on loan, needs to play consistently. Can't remember the last time he played... don't think he played the last League Cup game either because of illness. Might be wrong there though. Anyway this whole post is off topic.

I believe he wouldn't talk about it if he hadn't seen Lindegaard playing.But, he's the one who criticized Lindegaard so far. Anyway, I guess it's not the kind of thing you have to say publicly.

And ONCE AGAIN, Aalesunds have removed the news regarding Lindegaard's transfer. But here's what was published by them on their website (WARNING: Google Translated)

Anders Lindegaard was today agrees with Manchester United on his personal contract and is thus ready for one of the world's biggest football clubs, 1 January 2011!
AaFK and Manchester United agreed a move earlier this week and today alstå Anders conducted medical tests and signed for the club.
Anders came to AaFK on loan in 2009 and made a strong impression before he returned to Odense
BK 12 July. He, however, came back to AaFK in the fall, after AaFK and his Danish club came to an agreement about a permanent move. This year he has all the league matches and have done so noted that he has played in
on the Danish national team. Anders has been an important contributor to AaFK, both on and off the field. His professional attitude and attitude have been a contributing factor to the team's performance. He has given
our supporters a lot of good experiences, but many will remember most is his criminal life in the cup final against Molde.

And this never ends:

@RBFlemma: Good lord. Aalesund's CEO Henrik Hoff claims the clubs website was probably hacked! by danish media. This has to end. #mufc

And from Aalesunds website:

AaFK have not been published and confirmed some transition Anders Lindegaard to Manchester United. One of several unpublished articles with different outcomes of the negotiations taking place have been reported by the media. AaFK would like to emphasize strongly that no transition is in place.

It's down to Fergie and Eric Steele at the end of the day, hopefully Schmeichel gets proved wrong, who's to say Lindegaard will be #1 though...

I was going to say 26 ain't that young but for a GK it is. We can't really say much on whether he is or not. Little footage of him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back