The Manchester Derby

Ben Townsend

Are we all looking forward to next Sundays Derby ? how will the game pan out do we think and dare we make a score prediction ?

Looking forward to it? Hardly. 1-1. We'll go behind early and find a way to grab a draw. The back end of last season we were 2-0 down with them about to win the league infront of us and very comfortably. We ended up winning 3-2. We need to look at that game and see the mistakes we made in the first half and how to not play against them.

Looking forward to it? Hardly. 1-1. We'll go behind early and find a way to grab a draw. The back end of last season we were 2-0 down with them about to win the league infront of us and very comfortably. We ended up winning 3-2. We need to look at that game and see the mistakes we made in the first half and how to not play against them.

Completely irrelevant to this conversation, for some reason I had a fiver on United 3-2 at half time - fair to say I enjoyed that day !

Jose regularly comes up with a way to nullify the big sides, but City look pretty lethal at the minute and our defence looks shaky, hoping we can find a way to keep them out and our boys turn it on - Genuinely have no idea if Lukaku comes back in the side (injury permitting)

I'd be surprised if Lukaku comes back in. We've won both games he's missed why would he? Think the 'injury' is a bit coincedental.

I wouldn't play Lukaku, we need to move thier CB's around.

Head says I think we'll get beaten I'm afraid. 3 - 0

I only say this becasue City are capable of scoring quick goals, if they score 2 quick ones first half we have shown thi sseason that really damages us mentally.

If we go in at half time level, then I think we could win it.

Heart say, 2 - 3 again. Jose has a knack

I'd be surprised if Lukaku comes back in. We've won both games he's missed why would he? Think the 'injury' is a bit coincedental.

I thought the same about the coincidental injury, but then not to even put him on the bench as an option makes me think there could be some truth in it.

I'll take anything less than a 5-0 loss to be honest I just don't see how this team competes with City let alone troubles them.

While things have improved the way we start games is terrible we could be in big trouble early on if we are as sloppy first half as we have been in pretty much every game this season.

City right now are so many levels above us we got out of jail last season when out of nowhere they collapsed in the second half that little flaw in them doesn't seem to be there anymore.

I think to beat them you need to be able to go direct early because as Neville pointed out they are so quick to win the ball back or commit a foul to stop you playing your way out when you get the ball. I wonder if Neville has highlighted this on purpose in advance on the derby as now refs are looking for it they can deny it all they want the reality is the stats prove they do it.

I’m surprised it’s only being highlighted in the media now. It’s something people have said about Pep’s side for years. It’s a part of his defensive system.

I think it's because Neville did a specific bit of analysis on it for Monday Night Football which seems to be a trigger for the press these days as quite a lot of the main football media don't really do this sort of analysis they just look for controversial topics to fuel headlines.

It's obvious when you think about it why can't teams play against Pep teams because they make it impossible to keep the ball and because the fouls are all fairly minor niggle fouls they don't really attract the attention of the refs.

Guardiola obviously reacted to the Neville comments and denied them he really has no choice on that but in that documentary they did there's a bit where Arteta instructs 3 or 4 players to make fouls. Now he's not doing that off his own back it's clearly a tactic and someone went and looked back and his Barca & Bayern teams were also doing the same thing when you think about it it makes perfect sense.

I didn't even know there was a footy leaks thing.

Yeah there was a huge data hack recently think FIFA, UEFA and the Gestefute agency (the one Jorge Mendes owns) all had servers hacked and the info has been slowly getting released by that German magazine Der Spiegel. It's how they found the stuff on the Ronaldo rape case.

Also, all that stuff about the European Super League that appeared this weekend in the papers as well.

One of the first things they leaked was the transfer documents between Utd & Monaco for Martial.

Basically the rumours are that both City & PSG paid people within UEFA to look the other way when it came to FFP as they threatened to just drag them through the court for the next decade if they tried to enforce the sanctions on them.

nice.

I guess we all knew the figures didn't seem to add up. But they got away with it. Money talks and history won't remember anything but trophies.

I can’t say I would be shocked if it comes out that the rumours about City and PSG are true in regards to paying off UEFA. Obviously this for another discussion but it’s a story to keep an eye on although sure the clubs and UEFA will look to bury it deep.

Not sure about the game at the weekend. I am usually pretty positive and we have players who can hurt you and we have Martial in good goalscoring form. Like others have said though that we have start poorly like in previous games then City are going to be all over us like a cheap suit. We have to contain City in the early barrage and if we don’t then it could be a long afternoon.

Just tell them the game kicks off at 4 that way by 4.30 they’ll be bang at it.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back