The January Sales

jsp

Top Poster Of Month
Being widely reported that Utd are prepared to allow 6 first team players leave in January either on permanent or loan deals

Romero (sale/loan)
Rojo (sale/loan)
Jones (sale/loan)
Lingard (sale/loan)
James (loan only)
Williams (loan only)

Of the top 4 selling them does no damage to the first team whatsoever as they make zero contribution but selling will be tough the only one Utd can expect a reasonable fee for would be Lingard who must be worth £10-15m.

Loan deals for the bottom 2 make sense they need to be playing football and they're not getting anywhere near enough games but it needs to be the right move no point them going to another team and sitting on their bench we need to be confident that they can nail down the starting spot at the club they go to.

surprised at James, he gets a fair few minutes

Think his start vs Leeds was his first appearance in 2 months.

They've used him over the Christmas period but hard to see him getting many chances.

He featured in 46 games last season so far this season it's 9 games

Could see Williams going on loan to get some playing time but don't see the other 2 signing for Newcastle be to much of a hit to their ego's they'll want clubs challenging in the top half of tables not the bottom half.

Think I read that Rojo is likely to be going back to Argentina to sign for Boca at the end of the season think he's just happy cashing in what's left on his Utd deal which expires in the summer.

Rojo
Romero
Fosu-Mensah

All been told they won’t be getting new contracts this summer so they are free to leave.

Fosu-Mensah arrived in Germany to complete his move to Bayer Leverkusen.

Expected move this one, at one stage I had high hopes for him but it never quite worked here and loan moves didn’t really do much good. Hopefully he can enjoy a decent career in Germany.

Yeah bad loans and injuries killed his momentum.

Always thought he was a bit of a jack of all trades master of none player he was ok in 3 or 4 positions but not stand out in any of them.

That’s a great move for him got a good record of developing young talent there hope he does well.

Sheff Utd interested in Lingard.

Can't see him wanting to join a club almost certain for relegation he might be interested in a loan with an option but think he might look to hold out for something more appealing.

Lingard out on loan to West Ham reports that Williams could also go on loan.

No talk of other first team players moving Ole basically confirmed Romero is going to see out his contract and Rojo is going back to Argentina shortly on a free.

Quite a few youngsters taking loan moves
Pellistri (Alaves)
Laird (Mk Dons)
Garner (Notts Forest)
Chong (Brugge)
Mengi (Derby)

Think I read Utd want serious offers only if you aren’t prepared to pay a fee plus his wages they aren’t interested if he goes they want to be confident he plays like they were with Lingard.

I guess with no backup right back they might decide to keep him around and let him play cup and Europa games.

Some good loan moves for the youngsters. Excited to see how Mengi does on loan, I think he’s ready for the step up and this loan move will aid that. Surprised about Garner, I thought he was doing well at Watford. Granted I don’t really watch much of the championship but when I checked out their team sheets a lot of the time he was in the line up or at least coming off the bench.

I guess we need to keep Williams about because if AWB does go down then it would only be Tuanzebe then who could fill in. Suppose you could put Lindelof out there but I think for squad depth Williams will stay around.

Some good loan moves for the youngsters. Excited to see how Mengi does on loan, I think he’s ready for the step up and this loan move will aid that. Surprised about Garner, I thought he was doing well at Watford. Granted I don’t really watch much of the championship but when I checked out their team sheets a lot of the time he was in the line up or at least coming off the bench.

I guess we need to keep Williams about because if AWB does go down then it would only be Tuanzebe then who could fill in. Suppose you could put Lindelof out there but I think for squad depth Williams will stay around.

Think he got a bit unlucky with the change of manager since the new guy came in he's not really had much of a look in.

I did a bit of a search of his name on twitter to see what the Watford fans were saying about him they didn't seem that bothered about him to be honest so best to get him out of there and hopefully get him a bit more playing time at another club.

Chong, Levitt and Garner were all recalled from loans mid season after failing to make an impact just shows you what a minefield the loan system can be especially with young players.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back