The Green Revolution

jsp

Top Poster Of Month

At the start of 2020 this was probably the biggest challenge facing the worlds population and Covid kind of blind sided everyone as the pandemic hit but it has highlighted that some things are possibly we don't all need to travel into offices every day to do our jobs productively.

Listening to anyone it seems the world has reached the tipping point in terms of dealing with the damage we are doing to it and we are now at the point where urgent change is required to give us a chance of reversing the damage.

Weaning the world off fossil fuels, plastic and other harmful products that offer massive convenience is going to be difficult and it's going to need everyone to sign up to the same sort of rules and regulations to work.

I’m already halfway there with a self charging hybrid but I don’t see us being ready for full electric in 10 years time.
Highly unlikely.

My current car is a petrol with battery assistance but I doubt it qualifies as a true hybrid so it's the sort of car that will be phased out.

I am considering going down the Tesla route next time as we have a driveway so we can charge at home but anyone with street parking can't charge the car at home. New developments are required to put in electric charging facilities but it's normally a few charging points which can cope with current requirements but it needs massive expansion.

I can never really understand the deniers of this problem the evidence is pretty damning it's just accepting that things have to change.

I could probably handle a self charging hybrid. They need to do a lot more for full electric cars in terms of charging points. They are pretty expensive to buy too.

We went to buy a new car last month. Decided to put it off and buy an electric an one next year. Peugeot E-208, looks nice up close.

We are quite remote, so although it's a step. This will be our run around car. The main car will be diesel due to miles we need put in. There needs to be improvement in charging station locations, battery times and the time it takes to charge before we can full on.

I feel being fully ready for full on electric in 2030 is a bit of a stretch. So much needs to be done.

I haven’t actually read the articles, just the headline but they would have to offer some sort of incentive to current petrol/diesel users to get rid of their current car and move over to electric.

I am currently driving a diesel. MPG is nice and high so not moving away from that for a while.

I feel being fully ready for full on electric in 2030 is a bit of a stretch. So much needs to be done.

I haven’t actually read the articles, just the headline but they would have to offer some sort of incentive to current petrol/diesel users to get rid of their current car and move over to electric.

I am currently driving a diesel. MPG is nice and high so not moving away from that for a while.

It's not really the case 2030 is when we stop making new petrol and diesel only cars.

Anything built after that date needs to be a hydrid or electric only car.

There will still be all the existing petrol and diesel stock in circulation so there won't be a shortage of cars.

It's a huge infrastructure overhaul to get the charging stations setup and ready but the technology is moving so fast in terms of the super speed chargers you probably want to go slow because you could find quickly that your tech is out of date. I guess the big change will need to come from making sure your energy network can cope with all these cars charging off the grid the challenge will be producing the energy needed to charge all these batteries as clean as possible.

I used to mock my mate for having a Tesla not because I was against them he just loved them so I obviously had to tell him they were rubbish because we're grown ups like that but he's got one now and they are incredible bits of kit.

I used to mock my mate for having a Tesla not because I was against them he just loved them so I obviously had to tell him they were rubbish because we're grown ups like that but he's got one now and they are incredible bits of kit.
Unpopular opinion or not here ? ....... I think they're a tad ugly

I could probably handle a self charging hybrid. They need to do a lot more for full electric cars in terms of charging points. They are pretty expensive to buy too.
I would highly recommend it, I am so pleased with mine and the MPG is fantastic.
Someone gave me a negative opinion when I was looking for opinions prior to purchase. They said that they only had small tanks so you were always stopping to fill up. Well sure enough it is a small tank, I need to be really empty to get £40 worth in it, but that lasts as long (or as near as damn it) as the larger tank in my previous car which took about £70.
When I drove to Scotland before the latest travel ban I had travelled 320 miles before I refilled.

Yea, I made the mistake of thinking that was what Smart Motorways were all about. It wasn't, and it isnt.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back