The Government

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was going to start a thread about the Census but...... oh never mind.
I was thinking we dont seem to hear much from old Berba these days and was wondering if the new Census question maybe left him tongue tied ;)
Which question :)

Strange that, I don't recall making the above statement and it doesn't look typical of a post of mine. If I did it certainly wasn't in this thread so funny it landed here.

Anyway. What's your issue with the Census since you can't start a thread about it?

I dont have an issue with the census. I just happen to find it interesting that they now have question on sexual orientation and more interestingly a question along the lines of "do you still identify yourself with the gender you were given at birth"?
Unlike Barbara sorry Berba I think it is important all these questions are answered regardless of what the answer is and regardless of whether you want such answers to be known to those close to you or generally in the public domain.
The information will not be released for a hundred years so it shouldn't be too painful if from beyond the grave you find out your great great niece is now aware that her great great uncle was actually her great great auntie.
But in a more serious note it is obviously a step towards acceptability of gayness and transvestitism and that can only be a good thing as it may even encourage people who suppress this to accept it in themselves and, if you like, come out.
Such people obviously know what and who they are and that is all good and well. My only objection is that some try to make it "the normal" even trendy and try to promote it as such. Whereas I consider it a bit of a side step away from normal, but acceptable all the same. A bit like Goth's

Lol 'gayness'
Lol lol lol 'transvestitism'
I can see you're right up to speed with matters of sexual identity.
Ha, I am pleased for your recognition of my intertest on the matter. I did give some though to it but neither word offered a squiggly red line or spell check prompt. So I just rolled with it. :)

I don't see why the government needs to know. I hope that wasn't a question

Think someone has mentioned it about 100 times.
A hundred times? How long has this person been in solitary confinement, and why?
Nelson Mandela lived under less harsh and restrictive conditions? The head honcho is clearly being silly here. And I am not the only one under this restriction without explanation or response from the head honcho or his lackey when questioned.

It certainly is a question in the new census and why should it not be asked? It is not all about the governments need to know but for future generations. For anybody who has done their Ancestry they will know that information from past Census is amazingly insightful as it leads on to further leads.
But it is also about knowing and understanding communities and equality. I think it is a step towards an educational drive to promote equality initiatives and stop prejudice towards people who may be considered by the majority to be a side step away from normal.
They are entitled to such courtesy, Unlike Goths who are entitled to nothing more than a slap on the face with a bag of dog turd.

. I think it is a step towards an educational drive to promote equality initiatives and stop prejudice towards people who may be considered by the majority to be a side step away from normal
That might be true, if the information was released now.
The government could do way more to assist in this area othet than sending out a questionnaire no one but them sees for a hundred years.
I understand some Muslims are upset about having to put their religion because they feel they are prejudiced because of it.

But getting back to the main point, they don't need to know your sexuality in my opinion. It proves nothing

It was a question. Thought it was a little odd.

'Are you the same gender that you were born'.

Were a few odd questions on there.

It was a question. Thought it was a little odd.

'Are you the same gender that you were born'.

Were a few odd questions on there.
Nothing odd about it. It is asking if you identify yourself as the gender assigned to you when you were born or otherwise. Some people dont and wish to be of the opposite sex and identify themselves as such. What's odd about that.

It's odd the government feel the need to know
No, it is not odd. It is likely a move towards acceptability and acknowledgement that not all people can be simply put into the Male/Female gender by birth categories.
I guess only gender benders could give us a better or more balanced view towards this but it would be my bet they would see it as a positive.

Anyhow's I was only drawing Berba out his shell :) I couldnt really give a monkeys about the Census

No, it is not odd. It is likely a move towards acceptability and acknowledgement that not all people can be simply put into the Male/Female gender by birth categories.
I guess only gender benders could give us a better or more balanced view towards this but it would be my bet they would see it as a positive.

You almost come across as being accepting and then use the term gender bender.

You almost come across as being accepting and then use the term gender bender.
I am accepting, and I consider the term gender bender acceptable. Why wouldnt it be or shouldnt it be?
To me that is just another way of describing the side step away from what is considered to be normal.

I am accepting, and I consider the term gender bender acceptable. Why wouldnt it be or shouldnt it be?
To me that is just another way of describing the side step away from what is considered to be normal.
BINGO!!!

Yoohoo, I've ticked off all the things we thought Shoot would say!

Where's my prize?

The Alba Party. Feck me I need to go for a lie down

Surely bad news for independence as it has potential to split the vote and allow pro union parties to claim control again which is what you want?

Gender Bender is a phrase that roots are as an insult aimed at those who were prepared to out themselves at a time when it wasn’t accepted.

I can’t imagine any trans person would want to be identified as that out of choice and that is why it is an insult.

You got banned for using phrases that were out of date. Gender bender is just another. If you're accepting you move with the times. No trans person wants to be called a gender bender.

Now with that said let me say I know I'm not fully with the times. There are people that view themselves as trees. There is lot of stuff I don't understand. I don't want to insult anyone. But I do think it's gone to far when you can identify as a tree and get insulted when people refuse to accept that.

You got banned for using phrases that were out of date. Gender bender is just another. If you're accepting you move with the times. No trans person wants to be called a gender bender.

Now with that said let me say I know I'm not fully with the times. There are people that view themselves as trees. There is lot of stuff I don't understand. I don't want to insult anyone. But I do think it's gone to far when you can identify as a tree and get insulted when people refuse to accept that.
Oh here we go. As usual it's Friday night and the head honcho's lackey's lackey has a had a shandy and gets his head of high authority on, talking about banning and the like..
You, @jsp and @SuperRash are all talking out your diherria hi ho's. There is absolutely nothing wrong with the term I used. it is offensive to no one.
Have a read

I respectfully suggest you put a tad more lemonade in yer shandy and stop being a drama queen. People are tree's indeed! yer talking out your ash.

Surely bad news for independence as it has potential to split the vote and allow pro union parties to claim control again which is what you want?
I think it will be pointless and meaningless to most. It's nothing more than a self promotion opportunity, a bit like the Brexit Party.

BINGO!!!

Yoohoo, I've ticked off all the things we thought Shoot would say!

Where's my prize?
We? are you lot in a private room talking about me? :eek: So tell me, just what was it you thought I would say?

Firstly if I was drinking as normal it wouldn't just be on a Friday. However as mentioned before I've not been drinking properly since November. Hence being awake at 9:30 on a Saturday morning.

Maybe do your digging a bit further than Wikipedia. It's a term that many find offensive and there are many other words you could use but you knew you'd go with one to push the boundaries. It's typical shoot behaviour.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back