The EPL Finale: Manchester United vs Cardiff City

SuperRash

So the final game is nearly upon us this Sunday.

Youngsters Puigmal, Levitt, Garner, Chong, Gomes and Greenwood have all trained with the first team ahead of this game so hopefully we’ll see a nice little bunch of them.

I guess Valencia will get a swan song and could be the last game for guys like Herrera and Mata. So I reckon the line up maybe something like:

Romero

Valencia - Smalling - Lindelof - Shaw

Herrera - Garner - Pogba

Chong - Greenwood - Martial
Well that’s what I’m hoping for anyway. These young guys need a shot after the dross that the experienced guys have served up this season.

I'd probably look to give Chong and Gomes a start as the more senior youth team players then bring Greenwood on at half time as a reward for his start to the season.

Valencia deserves a decent send off he's been a great servant to the club little fuss and got on with it but his time has come and everyone should wish him well for the future.

I wonder if there will be any protest or aggression aimed at the likes of Woodward and the owners after yet another abysmal season for the club on the pitch.

Be surprised if the ground is anywhere near full and it shouldn't be this team don't deserve a clap and pat on the back when they do the lap of whatever at the end they deserve fury from the mob over the way they've carried themselves this season.

Im not going at the weekend, I have commitments that are quite frankly more important that this bunch of dossers at the moment, will watch the game if its being shown anywhere but thats about it, praying theres plenty of changes that will make the 1st teamers think about their poor season but they wont give a s**t as long as they are paid.

would love to just ignore the PL finale as im terrified of city cocking up and gifting it to liverpool, and on the flip side Im going to get plenty of stick off my city mates if city win it.

Roll on next season.

Yeah I can't imagine it's a tough ticket for fans who want to go.

Come and watch the most hated Utd team ever play an already relegated team to decide if we finished 5th or 6th.

In the days before season tickets where people turned up to pay on the door this would be potential for one our lowest attendances in 30 years. The only reason for going would be if there was an actual protest organised like a mass walk out on 60 minutes. The game is probably a sell out because tickets were sold weeks ago but I'd love to know how many actually bother to turn up.

I look forward to it being shown about 8th on Match of the Day Sunday night.

The whole end of the season finale is a bit of a let down as it's only the title going to the final day everything else is sorted absolute minefield for anyone trying to put on an accumulator. As for who wins it I'm really past caring I'm almost at the point of I want Liverpool to do the double because it might actually get a reaction from our board.

As for who wins it I'm really past caring I'm almost at the point of I want Liverpool to do the double because it might actually get a reaction from our board.
If that happens, then I fare you all a goodbye as I will be moving to Azerbaijan or somewhere just as random, Cant bear the thought of Liverpool doing the double....Sickens me.

I dont think that would prompt anything if Im being honest apart from a load of smack head dippers waffling a load of shite for the next 347 years, once our money stops coming in and sponsors start turning away, then the worry sets in for the money men.

As for who wins it I'm really past caring I'm almost at the point of I want Liverpool to do the double because it might actually get a reaction from our board.

Our board don't care about that. They have no idea about the rivalry or what the actual sport means to the fans.

And on a personal level I couldn't bear that, the cr@p I have had to deal with for just reaching the final is enough for me.

It's hope rather than expectation not just the board but our fans might actually get together and put pressure on them with City you can make excuses about the billions but there is no reason for Liverpool to be flying past us other than they're managing things better than us at every level of the club currently.

Fans have a voice and making a very visable sustained protest against the way the football club is being required Liverpool fans did it over the ticket pricing and the club backed down done right it can make a difference crying on the internet does nothing. Walking out of the stadium and making sure the world are watching does because it means sponsors will be on to the club asking what is going on.

To me the various fan groups should have been trying to organise a walk out in protest at the way the clubs being run and making sure the media know that is what it is about because that is the only power we have. Might even have to fire up the old banner plane again haha!

Hopefully a lot of youth. I think the squad should have been split in 3 this week. One group of mostly young players who are playing. One group of players who get an extra weeks rest but need to get back in July ready to hit it hard. Another group, a large group, who need to pack it up and get out.

Season nearly over lads, hang in there!

Cardiff, freaking Cardiff. Greenwood has done well though.

This is honestly pathetic. Can't even beat already relegated Cardiff at home?
Players have given up totally. When Ole took over I thought ah the players have got back their mojo. But now they are all a disgrace.

This season can do one. Onwards and upwards and all that.

Gave my ticket away for today and my god am I glad, I actually put cardiff to win in my accumulator today which is how confident I was, we are truly, truly awful and unless someone gets a grip of it I really fear for us as a club, we will always have the revenue thankfully, otherwise there is no saying how far from grace we could slip.
See you next season reds

Good job there is no decent reception at old Trafford or I might have been banned from the site for the things I wanted to say. Players are pathetic. Got to say ole has to look at himself too. We were all lead to believe that it would be a predominantly young team giving several junior players a start. In the end it was 1 and Chong couldn't even get on the bench. We had a wasted sub by playing Jones, not sure what playing him could possibly tell us. We also wastes a sub letting Valencia say goodbye. Can't tell you how pissed off I am.

A top manager would not have the run Ole's had.

My fear is we're fecked.
Yeah that's how I feel. He's not working with a lot but the results have been laughable. And sorry but I place more weight in these results than the feel good results he got after he took over.

Yeah that's how I feel. He's not working with a lot but the results have been laughable. And sorry but I place more weight in these results than the feel good results he got after he took over.

I am questioning the appointment of Ole for the first time today. After his tenure at Cardiff I was expecting him to have a personal point to prove, sadly he didn't deliver. As my 10 year old told me today, Daddy this is relegation form. I'm totally dumbfounded, and cannot see how we will improve unless we get a technical director who is NOT an ex-player. We need a fresh pair of eyes and need to stop the 'this is how we used to do it' mentality; we need to embrace how football has changed and adapt to it.

To a degree I have always questioned ole. Like Moyes before him he doesn't really have the credentials. The club said they were going to do due diligence and make an announcement at the end of the season, they didn't do that. They have left themselves in a bad position. I feel they have no choice but stick with oke and back him in the transfer market, but if we are in the bottom 6 by xmas everybody will be out for blood. Good decisions need to be made now but I have no confidence there is anybody to make those decisions

I am questioning the appointment of Ole for the first time today. After his tenure at Cardiff I was expecting him to have a personal point to prove, sadly he didn't deliver. As my 10 year old told me today, Daddy this is relegation form. I'm totally dumbfounded, and cannot see how we will improve unless we get a technical director who is NOT an ex-player. We need a fresh pair of eyes and need to stop the 'this is how we used to do it' mentality; we need to embrace how football has changed and adapt to it.

I completely agree. Is it 8 defeats in our last 10 games? And even the 2 wins had an element of luck and weren't exactly to good teams.

I don't want to put the blame on Ole. This isn't his team, these aren't his players and most of their attitudes stink. But I also don't believe he's the man for the job. A major overhaul and rebuild is needed and I'm not sure he's the man to do that.

Didn't see it but not totally surprised by the result they couldn't be bothered to try when it mattered so why try when it doesn't?

These lot are Europa League players and it's where they deserve to be next season.

As for the Ole stuff always said he needed to be judged over the entire period as that run was telling some lies and it really blew up in our faces quickly. He might be the man and he deserves his chance to get a proper pre season done and make some changes to the squad but really the anger needs to be aimed higher at the club.

The people making the decisions at the very top need to go before we see real change but there is zero chance of that happening. Why has it taken 12 months to find a technical director? Why did they panic and appoint Ole early off the back of a good run? I have little faith that without CL money coming in next season that the club will seriously back the manager in the market.

I don't think it's Ole, he has Phelan there.

And the players did the same for Jose, and no matter what you think of him, he's normally a winner who gets results.

I don't think it's Ole, he has Phelan there.

And the players did the same for Jose, and no matter what you think of him, he's normally a winner who gets results.

100% it's the players but it's the interference from above that's allowed it to become that way.

Mourinho wanted players in and some players out and was told he couldn't get rid of certain players and last summer was told he couldn't have certain players. He then went on the war path and the result was this mess where the players feel they've won and the new guy is trying to mop up the mess that's been left behind. My personal opinion is Mourinho knew he wouldn't win this battle and decided he'd do everything he could to get the sack and take the pay off his actions were those of a man looking out for himself not the club. He could have tried to paint a positive picture and improve things instead I think he decided he wanted out as quickly as possible with his money so did everything he could to force the club to sack him.

For me it all goes back to last summer Utd got to 80 points but it wasn't easy lots of narrow victories the club didn't back the manager with the players he wanted bearing in mind we knew it was 90 points plus to win the league now. Pre season was a disaster most of the squad missed it because of world cup/injuries so the squad went into the season half baked with a manager who knew he couldn't win so wanted out.

I don't think the players downed tools on Ole I just think once the adrenaline that carried us through those first 2 months wore off the cracks appeared again. Injury crisis hit because players who weren't physically in tip top shape were pushed to hard a punishment for Ole who didn't rotate his side when he first came in but it highlighted a problem.

With players coming in and out as they recovered all that momentum was gone and the lull set in.

Squad is full of talented players who can't perform consistently which is what world class players do they have a high standard and they give you 7 or 8/10 every week this is what happens at top clubs we don't have any players doing that and until we do we're going nowhere.

Squad is full of talented players who can't perform consistently which is what world class players do they have a high standard and they give you 7 or 8/10 every week this is what happens at top clubs we don't have any players doing that and until we do we're going nowhere.
At what point do the fans start to realise that this isn't a squad full of talented players? Where's the actual top talent? Please do share.

At what point do the fans start to realise that this isn't a squad full of talented players? Where's the actual top talent? Please do share.

De Gea
Shaw
Lindelof
Matic
Pogba
Rashford
Sanchez
Lukaku
Martial
Lingard
Mata

All players who on their day are a match for nearly anyone the issue is consistency the players at the best clubs maintain a standard of performance every week. You can trust them this lot you can trust as one minute they’re world class the next they’re Sunday league.

De Gea - Yes absolutely. On form he's still the best GK in the world. He's had a rough couple of months but that doesn't change anything for me. That said I think he wants out and will leave.
Shaw - Nope sorry disagree. I don't see what he does really well. He works hard but makes bad decisions at both ends of the field. Ultimately as a LB in a really good team though that's fine. Just need to build a really good team.
Lindelof - Yeah ok he had a good year. Alongside a dominant CB partner I like him for the future.
Matic - Too old. Too slow. Needs to move on.
Pogba - Talented absolutely. Seems like a real issue off the field though and disappears too much on it. Our best player in terms of ability but likely to leave this summer I think.
Rashford - Hes still young and inconsistent but yeah I'll agree.
Sanchez - Absolutely not. He's washed up and has to go. He's been terrible since he joined and that was a season and a half ago now. And in his last half season for Arsenal he was awful.
Lukaku - Good player. Lacks an all around game.
Martial - Who? He hasn't improved in the years he's been here. He has the pace and ability but rarely ever shows it.
Lingard - Good squad player. I like him. Works hard, fights for the team and makes run after run.
Mata - Talented but too old and not a fit here in this style that Ole wants.

Look a few were included to bulk out the numbers and cheer me up a bit as originally I had 3 on the list :D

I took it as players who have shown they have the ability to play at a high level but all of them have the same issue they can only do it 1 game in every 3 or 4 nearly all of them struggle to sustain a high level in every game. I don't think it's lack of effort or lack of desire I think it's a lack of ability we remember the good game and this that this is their level.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back