The Departure Lounge 2021

jsp

Top Poster Of Month
Our Departure Lounge looks more deserted than Heathrow at the moment very little talk of any players being on the move.

There's been the release list with Romero being the only real name worth noting on it from a first team point of view the reports are Mata/Grant are both in talks for another 1 year deal.

There's a lot of players at Utd that we are probably willing to listen to offers on the most high profile being Jesse Lingard but doesn't seem to be many rumours flying around about his future or anyone elses all gone a bit quiet.

This remains a big challenge for the club generating some funds for Ole to use by clearing some of the decks the loan players from last season Dalot, Periera, Chong will all return and we can only assume all be available for sale.

There is a rumour about martial - and I for one won't miss him. everyone used to laugh at Lukaku's first touch but I've always thought Martial's is just as suspect while he scores a hell of a lot fewer goals

Yeah I saw that talk of a loan to Real Madrid with an option to buy.

Not sure that’s a great deal for us unless we sign a centre forward this summer I think you have to keep him just so we’ve got some depth in the squad. If he’s going I’d want cash now or a loan with an obligation to buy if he goes to Madrid and is crap they just send him back and he’s our problem again.

He’s frustrating but he is still a good player you just can’t rely on him to be on his game every week.

Yeah I saw that talk of a loan to Real Madrid with an option to buy.

Not sure that’s a great deal for us unless we sign a centre forward this summer I think you have to keep him just so we’ve got some depth in the squad. If he’s going I’d want cash now or a loan with an obligation to buy if he goes to Madrid and is crap they just send him back and he’s our problem again.

He’s frustrating but he is still a good player you just can’t rely on him to be on his game every week.
I don't believe he'll ever be a natural goal-scorer - never going to get close to 20 league goals a season. I realise we might need to keep him for depth, but there must be better out there (if we don't get Kane or Halaand, and I don't see us getting either)

I don't believe he'll ever be a natural goal-scorer - never going to get close to 20 league goals a season. I realise we might need to keep him for depth, but there must be better out there (if we don't get Kane or Halaand, and I don't see us getting either)

Can’t argue with any of that he’s to flaky to be a world class striker and it’s the same on the wing.

He’s B class not A class sadly just hasn’t kicked on I really thought he’d kicked on in 2019/20 but last season he was a terrible.

If we could also land a top striker this summer I’d let him go but he needs to be sold not some loan where he just slithers back next summer worth even less money. Can’t see us landing a striker so that means he stays around for another year as competition.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

How have those talks not already taken place?

Jesse: Hey, what's the plan for next season?
MUFC: Thanks for making Wembley and the Emirates your personal dance floor, but you'll need to find yourself another club.
Jesse: Beans.

I’m sure they’ve already happened my guess is the club are waiting for offers to come in.

ESPN reporting Utd are open to offers on Martial and Van De Beek, they hope to sell Dalot, Lingard and Periera and are likely to allow Tuanzebe a loan move next season.

If we can get rid of Martial that will be great business. I can't see it with his wage though.

I kind of think Donny needs another chance, especially if Bruno's form continues

I saw this the other day, but it had Martial going to Spurs presumably as a Kane replacement so I didn't think too much of it. Amazing if true though, as it would signal some intent on our part.

(Assuming the cash would go toward somebody else world class, and not just used to fund the Sancho transfer/Floridian malls.)

I dunno on Donny just doesn’t look like he will ever fit in if we get an offer that is close to what we aid I think take it and move on no hard feelings.

My guess is Utd will be bombarded with terrible loan offers for the players we want to sell actually selling will be tough.

Surely we’ve got to get Jones out next season either give him a free or get him on loan.

Few reports today that Southampton are still keen to take Brandon Williams on loan next season.

Seems like a sensible move for him as he's only 20 but it's important that he starts playing more regular first team football.

Chong could be going on loan to Birmingham City next season.

Didn't really make much of an impact on his loan moves last season personally I don't think he looks anywhere close to making it to the level he'll need to reach to break through at United.

Tahith Chong to Birmingham City on loan has been confirmed.

Roma reported to be interested in Alex Telles but only on loan.

Makes absolutely no sense to loan him out he’s pretty average but we need him in the squad if he went on loan we’d have to either buy or loan a replacement. Could be that the player wants to leave World Cup in 18 months and he’s dropped out of the international setup so maybe feels a move is needed as he won’t become first choice at Utd based on Shaw’s resurgence.

To me only makes sense as a sale if we can turn a profit on what we paid or use that money to get in a similar quality replacement.

If José wants a full back chuck us some cash for Dalot.

our squad is huge, we need to start shipping players

Periera, Jones, Lingard, Williams, Tuanzebe, Dalot, just off the top of my head. Martial :)

I've read reports saying Trippier thought he'd transfer to us before the Euros. Do you guys think he'd actually be a good buy for us? 30 years old already. It seems strange after we spent 50m on a RB recently.

Roma reported to be interested in Alex Telles but only on loan.

Makes absolutely no sense to loan him out he’s pretty average but we need him in the squad if he went on loan we’d have to either buy or loan a replacement. Could be that the player wants to leave World Cup in 18 months and he’s dropped out of the international setup so maybe feels a move is needed as he won’t become first choice at Utd based on Shaw’s resurgence.

To me only makes sense as a sale if we can turn a profit on what we paid or use that money to get in a similar quality replacement.

If José wants a full back chuck us some cash for Dalot.
I honestly forgot we had Telles. Seems like a panic buy that just didn't pan out. But if loan him out, who is Shaw's backup?

I've read reports saying Trippier thought he'd transfer to us before the Euros. Do you guys think he'd actually be a good buy for us? 30 years old already. It seems strange after we spent 50m on a RB recently.
I'd rather go for Max Aarons and have two young full backs fighting for the spot.

Still seems to be very quiet on this front a little to quiet if you ask me.

The signing of Varane probably means Tuanzebe is going to be leaving either on loan or maybe it's time to just cash in on him. Can't see any of the other CB's going anywhere.

Williams probably ends up out on loan late in the window.

Periera and Dalot obviously up for sale but likely they just end up on loan somewhere again again will be late in the window as clubs look for squad fillers.

Matic probably someone the club are willing to sell but hard to really see where the offers come from.

Lingard again probably someone they are willing to sell just waiting for bids one year left on his deal so probably needs to be sold this summer or given a new deal and another chance to prove himself as the backup to Bruno.

Been a few rumours about Dan James if Lingard was to stay and Sancho coming in probably limits his chances even more this season so I think if a good offer came Utd would take it.

Pogba just needs to be sold hopefully the PSG rumours are true.

Martial needs to be sold but finding a buyer will be tough no point in loaning him out he's a sell or nothing.

De Gea I reckon he ends up being loaned out with Utd paying a huge chunk of the wages I don't think it's a good idea having him around the club next season unless he's the number 1 bit like the Sanchez situation a few seasons back Utd are just going to have to take this on the chin.

8 for sale I read today.

Newcastle want Tuanzebe

I still hope a Pogba deal can be done, it seems it's about the stupid contract De Gea is on,

Yeah apart from Pogba and De Gea I can't imagine any recognised first team players will be sold/loaned it's just a case of trimming around the edges where we can to allow players to move on to play more games.

For me Tuanzebe still could have a future here but he needs to go to a club ideally a premiership club where he can play 30 games next season and show that he's as good as Bailly or Lindelof as with Varane coming in he's currently 5th choice CB. Newcastle would be a tough gig it's not a happy club right now but you'd hope Bruce will look after him but he's a manager who could be sacked at any minute but could be a good experience for him big thing for him is staying fit he's been injured a lot in the last 2 seasons.

I expect quite a few of the younger players to go on loan again we've seen Chong go I expect Laird, Mengi and Garner will all go out again to championship clubs to get some playing time. Pellestri I think could stay until January just to have him train with the first team and maybe get a league cup game or two to see how ready he is before going on loan again if they think he needs a bit more playing time.

Williams now being linked with a loan move to Norwich.

Who's going to buy him without seeing him have a good season though?

He's got a first team contract now so he's probably earning 40-50k a week which is a big wage for a player who's still unproven.

My guess is the plan is loan him out hopefully he impresses then try to sell him next summer I don't see him having a long term future here.

There's a lot of potential in Williams I'd loan him out and see how he does in the prem every week.

I don't really see it with him doesn't look good enough on the ball think he needs to go somewhere and play regularly to develop as those chances won't come for him here.

I like Williams and I think he'll do well if he goes on loan. He's very attack-minded, very tenacious, and loves the physical tussles. He's still young, about to turn 21 next month. He should not have been seeing as much game time as he has. I think he stepped up from the youth team admirably and playing every week will build him up.

I think it’s still a little hard to tell with Williams, he’s got something but without a full season in the Prem it’s hard to judge. I hope he gets a loan move and then get some real game time.

Sometimes a player really cannot show their worth when they have the odd few minutes here and there or a cup game.

There’s certainly opportunity for him as a Utd don’t have lots of full back options at the moment but Ole sees him every day and hardly uses him so hard to think they see a future for him but who knows.

A loan would be great get him out and get 30 odd games under his belt in the prem or championship and see where we are next summer.

Laird off to Swansea on loan according to reports.

They’ve just appointed the MK Dons manager who he worked with last season so hopefully he’ll be able to get plenty of playing time at a good level.

The fact that United are yet to sell any of the players you'd think they want to move on is just a damming indictment of how Woodward has managed things.

The fact that United are yet to sell any of the players you'd think they want to move on is just a damming indictment of how Woodward has managed things.

Which big club has managed to sell its deadwood this summer?

Every club is in the same boat here we’ve got good players on good salaries but the potential buyers for these players are skint and likely to wait until the very last moment to get the best deals.

I think Lingard will go but very late in the window he’s apparently Leicester’s replacement for Maddison if he moves on and he’s being linked to Arsenal. As with all these things it’s a domino effect once one piece moves others follow quickly.

My guess is Dalot and Periera will be out on loan again somewhere as well their agents need to pull their fingers out and find some offers.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back