The Curious Portsmouth's case

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jorgefoo

Portsmouth have lost to D.C United (4-0) in his last pre-season Friendly. Nothing special 'til then. But the curious fact is that Pompey had to play wearing the DC's away kit due finnancial problems. The Worst pre-season tour ever?

[youtube:2f3er0h8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFZZk6SxcBY[/youtube:2f3er0h8]

Jesus, they shouldn't even be on tour if it's like that. How can they afford to go to the US if they can't afford their own kit. Terrible. I also think it's shocking that they were allowed special dispensation to sign 3 players last week despite being handed a transfer embargo, governing bodies need to toughen up.

They'll need to be lucky to avoid being relegated to League One.

United could send some players to Them on loan. I would not mind. Cathcart, Diouf, and maybe Welbeck and Cleverly. Would be good for them that would have some free reinforcements with a low wages and would be good for us, that would give more first team action to this players.

And the situation can get worse. Stoke's Ibrahima Sonko was loaned to them, but Utaka, Ben Haim and KP Boateng hardly will remain in the team. They have to choose between strengthening the team or pay debts. I hope don't see United like that in 10 years of something by Glazers' hands.

Must have been something about that FA Cup Final... Cardiff aren't in the best financial state.

the players they have are pretty good actually for the championship level.
and they do have some good youth coming through.
Hard to believe they had players like Kranjcar in the team some time ago!!

i think its Harry's Curse!!
happened to West Ham and Southampton too!
wherever he joins, he spends crazy, moves on, the club go into debt!

They got no depth for 46 games. They need at least 5 players.

Poor old Pompey. Puts things into perspective. We were losing a player, they were about to lose their club.

It's disgusting that this can be done. This is a club who have won the FA Cup and ended last season as the FA Cup runners up. Disgusting.

Sometimes i hate football. Terrible news. I do not even want to imagine the suffering of those fans. Imagine you wake up one day and realize that the club that you love and support with all your strengths may no longer exist. This is so sad.

The question is what to do now? Support another team? Create a new one (Like some fans did when Wimbledon turned the Milton Keynes Dons)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back