Talksport Reporting Joe Cole to United...

Status
Not open for further replies.

JSNFRMN

Talksport reporting that a "very credible source" has said that Joe Cole will be going to Manchester United after the World Cup.

allegedly this source was the first to break the news that Tevez would leave United to join City...id be very happy with J Cole joining

I was really surprised when I read this just now, thought he'd by staying at Chelsea now. Would be a really good signing, Fergie picking up some good free buys if this is true. Is that a signal of not enough money? or just no value for money? I suppose some/most fans will think it was the first reason. Weird how people would rather spend £30m on unproven in the Prem players to a free and proven prem player.

Jole Cole is massively overrated. His talent is a bit of a myth. I hate to make the comparison because I love Hargreaves, but its a bit of a similar situation, he has been hurt some much the myth of what a difference he could make if he was playing keeps on growing and growing. The guy has hardly played this year, 13 games the year before, a full season before that and 11 games the season before that, thats 1 good season in the last 4. I am suprised Chelsea is even making any attempt to keep him.

Ok Not so much the over-rated bit. He has talent but its the age/injury situation that would worry me. Alas our 2 Owen's are a similar drain on our resoruces for little outout in return. Joe Cole will never recover 100% fitness for months on end. Its sad but true. Let Citeh pay him £150k a week to sit on their gold--plated treatment table :p

He's free though. We wouldn't pay money for him. If he stays fit, he'll do a good job.

This, if it happens, will be one of the best deals this summer. A player of Coles quality for free is a bargain. Can you use the word bargain when you don't even pay:) might even call it a steal or a robbery. would gladly see cole at OT next year!

Rumours are that we've been put off Cole's wage and contract length demands. Transfer target shortening by the minute. Thought we'd try and get something done before World Cup, unlikely now.

Lots of people talking about us relying on rooney to score goals.

Who set up the goals? It's a team sport. Yes rooney is a great player but he wouldn't be half as great last year without some superb assists.

My point being: We don't need major rebuilding. We need fine tuning. Would love cole. It will give the youngsters a couple more years to learn..

Rumours earlier were that Cole had agreed terms with Arsenal...though Arsenal denied later that this was the case.

Joe Cole would help us with the Home grown players rule, esp. since we'll most likely be lose 3 of them in Giggs, Nev and Scholes next season and i dont think Carrick will be staying much longer...another English Player i think we should be looking at is Scott Parker...I'd love to see him play for us

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Tr ... 54597.html
Tottenham, Liverpool, Manchester United, Juventus and Manchester City are all keen on Joe Cole who will become a free agent after his contract expires on June 30.

Joe Cole launches attack on Ancelotti

The former Chelsea star insists he will decide after the World Cup but Spurs boss Redknapp, on Talksport, said yesterday: "He's told us that he hasn't decided anything yet and he hasn't done anything definite.

"So there's a chance. I suppose it all depends on the financial side of it and everything else, but according to his agent, hes not made up his mind yet.

"I think that Daniel [Levy], the chairman, has spoken to Joe's agent and he said that Joe didn't want to discuss any moves until after the World Cup. Then he's going to look at his options."

But Arsenal are NOT interested in signing Cole. Mirror Sport understands Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger believes he already has enough midfielders of the same style.

Arsenal chairman Peter Hill-Wood confirmed: "I had a long conversation with (chief executive) Ivan Gazidis, who had been with Arsene (Wenger) and his name never came up at all."

Chelsea confirmed yesterday that Cole and Michael Ballack will be released along with Juliano Belletti. Portugese midfielder Deco is also set to join Fluminese.

SO that leaves Tottenham and United as the main contenders, Tottenham have expressed their interest publicly whereas, United links are only rumors, not confirmed!!

And Deco's going to Brazil?! :lol:

What about this diego kid from Juve? Any truth to that?
We've been linked with alot of AM, could this mean SAF is really looking for one?

dalegute said:
What about this diego kid from Juve? Any truth to that?
We've been linked with alot of AM, could this mean SAF is really looking for one?

Diego did very well at Werder Bremen... then leaved for a bigger club (Juve)

Now that he´s unhappy there he wants to be part of another "big" club. In my opinion he´s overrated like Hargreaves is!
He does not fit to United... simply as that!!!

Not sure he would be that bad, but for now Cole is my first choice..
If we could get diego for a good price I think SAF should at least think about it..

KaWolken said:
he´s overrated like Hargreaves is!

Whoa!!
hold ur horses there fella, Hargreaves was one of the Best DM's around when he was fit, agreed now we dont know how he will be but he was NEVER overrated!

Agree with Hargy not being overrated. Feel he made a big difference when he played. Ref. CL-final '08.

I turned out to be a big risk buying him because of his injuries but SAF couldn't know that when he signed him. We've been unlucky.

I want curly hair to:)

A lot of rumours this morning that Joe Cole doesn't want to sign for Arsenal and wants to join us instead. Also, hearing this afternoon that he could sign today... stand by.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528, ... 90,00.html
Redknapp fears Cole deal done
Spurs boss thinks midfielder may go to Old Trafford

Last updated: 22nd June 2010

Cole: Could move to United

Tottenham manager Harry Redknapp believes Manchester United may have already struck a deal for Joe Cole.

The 28-year-old will not have his Chelseacontract renewed this summer and a number of clubs have been chasing his signature.

Redknapp has confirmed that he would love to see the midfielder move to Spurs, while Arsenal and United are also thought to be trailing the England international.

But while Redknapp wants Cole at White Hart Lane, he thinks the Red Devils may have already won the race to sign him.

"I've got a feeling that it might have been done (for Cole to join United)," he said.

"It wouldn't surprise me in the least. Joe's not wanted to speak to anybody and his people have been saying 'let's get the World Cup out of the way first'.

"But we'd be interested for sure. I like Joe."

Cole has been the subject of much debate in recent days as he has yet to make an appearance for England in this summer's World Cup.

Former Three Lions captain John Terryquestioned why Cole was not in the team in a press conference at the weekend, and has since apologised to manager Fabio Capello.

I also read about him signing today but i think he cant sign a contract till his current deal expires, so i'd expect an announcement 1st week of July more likely If we do sign him

Joe Cole not a target for Man Utd. Spokesman: "Joe Cole not a target. We won't be signing him." Straight fight between Arsenal/Spurs.

I'd love to see Joe Cole at United. But 100k p/w? at 2007 or 2008, I'd say that would be a fair wage. But he was plagued to injuries and Had a terrible season, and he should realise that before making these demands.Considering his last season, he'll never deserve to 100k p/w wage.

Cleverley is going on US tour.

Apparently Cole's situation has nothing to do with wages. Someone at Chelsea has said he wanted a more central role and they couldn't offer that for some reason.

Bizarre. He had the choice of Champions League football and staying in London with Arsenal or Spurs but he chose Liverpool who are playing in the Europa League qualifiers in a few weeks against either an Armenian or Macedonian team. Good luck with that Joe, good luck trying to understand the locals, good luck with getting relegated.

Arsenal would only give Joe Cole 80k and two-year deal, United have offered the same. Spurs £65k three years and big signing on, Liverpool 90k four years. That explains all.

Nah, we weren't interested.

90k a week on a 4 year deal is stupid on Liverpool's part. Hasn't played a full 90 since 2007 apparently, hasn't been in top form. Mental from both parties.

This further continuees the link between Chelsea and Liverpool, a very odd link at that. Benayoun to Chelsea and Joe Cole to Liverpool. Who saw that coming in May?

I think it would have been a good free transfer but with so many injuries last season and Hargo and Ando already clogging up the first aid room from the midfield brigade, it's best not to get him, not even on a free transfer.

Hawwy has come out and criticised him, anyone who says he's joined for footballing reasons is delusional and should do their homework.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back