Talisca

Sideshow Bob

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Looks like a fun player to watch. Lots of skills and vision plus goals so the kind of player who will get fans out of their seats. But the EPL is a big step up for him and I would worry about the physicality.

He’s one of those unknown quantity players. I think he’s one of those unique tall languid players who can do great things with the ball and provide a genuine goal threat, like Kanu was for Arsenal.

Not seen much of him, only the odd thing here and there but I think the prices being banded about means it would be a good signing for me. Obviously the step up from Turkey to England is vast but hey if it happens I wouldn’t discount him making an impact. I feel like we need some Brazilian trickery in our armoury!

According to Portuguese outlet O Jogo & Turkish journalist Firat Gunayer, the deal is set to be finalised

He's had a successful loan at Besiktas. Good god, is this guy likely to hit the ground running? Two words, Memphis Depay!

Depay was hyped up but he came from a rubbish league and couldn't hack the EPL. I can see this Talisca being the same

Depay was hyped up but he came from a rubbish league and couldn't hack the EPL. I can see this Talisca being the same
I don’t think Talisca is hyped up at all. He’s been building a reputation in Turkey but beyond that, not sure he’s even very well known.

You can’t really envisage how a player is going to perform when they come over here. Yes Depay is a good example of someone coming over here from the lesser leagues and struggling but for every Depay, there is a Kante.

Although I saw yesterday Liverpool are rumoured to be very interested so this discussion could be a moot point in the end!

I've literally never heard of the guy so he can't be that hyped.

To be fair to Depay I'm starting to think it was the treatment of him from us that helped towards him struggling here, people said Pogba needed a year to get use to the league, Depay wasn't given that luxury, see his hattrick this weekend, on absolute fire this season

Depay I don't think could hack it in the Prem just wasn't suited to him and the way he played definitely didn't fit with the way LVG played just like Di Maria wasn't it was robotic football and they were players who wanted to play off the cuff.

I do agree the club didn't help him but he didn't help himself went into his shell a bit under all the pressure and ended up having to take a step backwards with his move to Lyon. I think the fact that even under Mourinho he couldn't get his confidence back showed me that the pressure got to him at Utd and he probably wasn't ready for the step up.

Haha show me a player whose confidence has gone up under Mourinho, you come to United you play under LVG and Mourinho, as a winger the lad had no chance.

I reckon if we said to any of our current wingers, go to Holland for a year and score 30+ goals then go to an average French side and score 20 and get 13 assists, do you think any of them could? Sanchez maybe, Martial Rashford, hmmm not convinced, wrong managers at the wrong time, defensive dinosaurs as were seeing.

So bored of it, zero interest in watching United at the minute, bore the life out of me

Well the only attacking player who's improved under Mourinho is Lingard which I guess says a lot about what is going no right now.

Depay was a guy who had a great season in a decent team in a league that was probably to easy for him, he came to a league where the team he joined wasn't as dominant and the opposition were better and struggled he's now back in a league that's easier and in a team that is more suited to his game.

Yeah I'm looking forward to a break from it can't really see it improving much next season with this guy in charge but based on that you tube video this guy looks pretty exciting so can't wait to see him doubling up with Young or Valencia next season as we play 4-6-0 again against Liverpool.

Pogba said in an interview yesterday he's improved under Mourinho.

Again it's a comment based on no fact, Lukaku has said he's improved

Haha everyone has got a league and FA Cup Final hangover!

I can't see it improving much next season. As I've said before he's got 2 choices, either change the way we play or be the architect of his own downfall. I just can't see him changing.

Pogba said in an interview yesterday he's improved under Mourinho.

Again it's a comment based on no fact, Lukaku has said he's improved

Didn't he also say he wasn't sure where he was going to be next season? Ha!

Pogba doesn't look like he's improved to me he's certainly changed his game to play a bit deeper but I don't think that has made him better but I'll give you Lukaku he's looked better and better as the season went on but his goal scoring stats are probably similar to his best at Everton maybe up slightly.

If the rumours about htis guy are true then Mourinho needs him to be the real deal because so far his signings are looking questionable.

Pogba doesn't look like he's improved to me he's certainly changed his game to play a bit deeper but I don't think that has made him better but I'll give you Lukaku he's looked better and better as the season went on but his goal scoring stats are probably similar to his best at Everton maybe up slightly.

Pogba from what I've seen and heard absolutely hasn't improved. Yeah OK maybe his role has now changed but actually that's not really for the best. It's typical Jose though.

Lukaku as an overall player does look like he's now improved but that's more in his overall play rather than his goal scoring.

Anyone actually know why this guy is a Benfica player loaned out to Besiktas? Seems odd, points to me that if Benfica loaned him out he can't be that good?

I can’t remember the full story but I think there was something about an allegation from Talisca or his agent that Benfica stopped paying his wages because he was pushing for a move. I think he was close to moving to Liverpool and then nearly joined the Mendes revolution at Wolves. But neither move happened. I might be wrong but I remember reading something on Sport Witness.

It seems very odd he signed for Benfica in 2014 his stats suggest he had 2 good seasons 76 games and 20 goals so seems like he was a regular then he was loaned to Besiktas for 2 years where he's played 78 games and scored 37 goals. Based on that I can only assume he's only got 12 months left on his contract at Benfica hence why the reported fee for him isn't ridiculous.

Mourinho said in 2014 when Benfica got him that he would have probably got a big move to England if he could get a work permit.

Roma bound
• The Brazilian was talking up a move to England

• He, however, is all but a new AS Roma player, as per himself

It has been reported this week by a decent Besiktas-related source Firat Gunayer that Anderson Talisca, 24, was nearing Man United as his Besiktas loan came to an end and Benfica agreed to sell their player. Portugal outlet O Jogo confirmed the story, but strangely enough, a blow came from Italy with AS Roma seemingly the destination for the attacking midfielder.

In the most recent interview with Turkish outlet Fanatik, he said: "I saw all the conditions for the transfer to Rome. I spent two beautiful years here, but now it's time to say goodbye [to Besiktas]. I will continue my career in Italy."

He’s joined a Chinese Super League club on loan until January 2019.

Chasing the money I guess? I mean I can't say that I blame people for doing that really. It seems a little short sighted but the money they pay in China it's hard to ignore.

This guys career seems so odd. A Benfica player that is half decent, loaned out to Besiktas for TWO years, now loaned out again to China. Very weird.

Obviously nobody in the Prem interested in him.

You never know really. There could have been Prem teams interested in but sometimes money talks. I’m pretty sure anyone would be tempted by a move to China to make some good money. Kind of depends on what your ambitions are in the game.

Thing is if you're on loan would you make more money? Surely they're just paying the wages on his Benfica contract or can clubs offer you bonuses directly for coming on loan? My guess is it'll be a loan move that gets made permanent in the next transfer window.

These lads move from Brazil at a very young age to go and make their money it's no surprise that they're the ones who are more open to countries like China than maybe the European players who tend to stay closer to home as they're not used to travelling as much.

Thing is if you're on loan would you make more money? Surely they're just paying the wages on his Benfica contract or can clubs offer you bonuses directly for coming on loan? My guess is it'll be a loan move that gets made permanent in the next transfer window.

I did think the same thing but I guess there's always a way of doing these things. My guess would be he's receiving a bumper wage for going to China. But that's a pure guess.

I did think the same thing but I guess there's always a way of doing these things. My guess would be he's receiving a bumper wage for going to China. But that's a pure guess.

Guess there could be bonuses involved or if he’s signing permanently at the end of the loan then the money comes later. The loan is for your registration so I guess there can be extra money paid to the player as part of that deal.

Still strange that Benfica don’t was to play him or cash in a loan move to China isn’t likely to increase his transfer value in Europe but it could grow massively in China if he’s a success.

They will surely figure the big money into some kind of bonus. He aint going all the way to China to get the same wages as in Turkey! Its only a 6 month loan too. which is again, odd.

I just checked, Benfica only paid 4.74m euros for him. Maybe he is an arse and they want shot of him and its a small amount to drop to get him out of there

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back