Takeover Talk

jsp

Top Poster Of Month
Rumours yesterday that Utd are in talks with the Saudi Royal family about a potential takeover.

Very little substance to the story and it was only reported in a tabloid and these things come and go on a regular basis but the royal family is worth £810 billion so they're one of the few people who could buy it but given their hard stance on certain things not sure I really see them going into football in the same way Abu Dhabi & Qatar have.

Following this story someone else reported that the Glazers are not looking to sell but have been in talks with Saudi over possible investment into the club.

Got me thinking the Glazers seem a pretty despicable bunch but whoever gets the club off them next are going to be just as bad if not worse the club is currently valued at something like £4bn which basically makes that dream of any sort of fan ownership/representation within the club impossible.

I don't really think united should be involved with Saudi's, way too controversial. But I guess it's down to the Glazers.

I mean the Glazers are hardly model citizens of the world not sure you get many billionaires with a clean conscience.

At this stage Utd will always likely be owned by some sort of despicable group of people and nothing will change that.

If they came in and cleared the debts and pumped money in to say developing the ground would that change your mind?

I don't think so.

there are so many rumours about them and funding terrorism which granted is only rumours but I don' t think it would help the club. Plus just their general views on women, homosexuality etc.

Yeah it seemed to be some story that originated somewhere in that part of the world that the Daily Star picked up on and ran with not something to be taken so seriously.

The club is way to valuable an asset for the Glazers to give up they can basically borrow as much money as they want with the security the club provides it's probably propping up their failing property empire as all those shopping centres that they made their millions off are closing down as retail dies under the pressure from Amazon and the other online retailers.

Story seems to have gathered a bit of momentum now and hasn't been denied by the club.

Could just be an attempt to distract from that story of the death of a journalist in their embassy.

good job your human rights record isn't part of the fit and proper persons test.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back