Tahith Chong To leave United?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sideshow Bob

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I was surprised to read that his contract expires this season. How have we let him get 6 weeks away from being able to talk with a host of clubs in Europe. The club needs to protect ourselves against this happening routinely.

from what I read, he has unrealistic wage demands.

Not the best source to be honest and other reports state that he hasn’t decided to not sign a contract but is waiting on an offer. He has clearly shown this season he isn’t ready to make the step up and he’s not going to suddenly get into the Juve side. I think his best option is to get a loan deal and also work on his physical attributes because right now he’ll get bullied by big strong defenders.

It's a similar story with Gomes as well. The club have been trying to get them both to extend their deals for a while now but it's been tough as the kids now are happy to let contracts run down and I think it's still a rule that players under 18 can only sign contracts up to 3 years.

It's sort of the Pogba/Sancho effect these kids have seen that sticking around isn't always the best option if your not a first team player by 20 will you ever become one? A foreign clubs are heavily scouting the English clubs youth teams now.

Chong for me hasn't really done enough when he has played to say he deserves more minutes my guess is Utd want him to sign a new deal then go out on loan. My guess is Chong/his agent might not be happy with that as my guess is the money isn't fantastic and is heavily incentivised and loan deals are risky some players thrive on loan others take massive steps backwards Tuenzebe vs Fosu-Mensah for example.

I'd say our recent record of finding the right loan for our players move is pretty poor as well not many recently have gone away and come back to go straight into the first team setup.

Just look at Periera a star of youth football bounced around 2 Spanish clubs and now struggling.

Chong is right to see what's out there and it probably makes sense for him to go but Juventus would be the wrong move

Did we think Juventus would be the wrong move for Pogba when he went there? I remember a few saying ‘He won’t get in to their side either’

I thought Pogba would get chances because back then Juventus were cr*p they aren't the club they are now so there wasn't as much competition and to be fair Pogba didn't walk straight in he got given a chance took it and stayed in. Utd when Pogba left had a much stronger squad than Juventus plus Juventus offered a stupid deal to Pogba's agent where he got 20% of any future transfer fee because he could give you Pogba on a free. The story is he wanted the same deal from Utd which is why he was told to do one as Utd refused to set that precedent if they'd accepted those terms Pogba would of probably stayed as he was happy in Manchester and knew chances were coming.

If you think about Chong currently Juventus can't give starts to players like Dybala & Douglas costa in terms of attacking talent they've got bucket loads so moving to Juventus now makes no sense because the chance of first team football is low. He should be going to a club in an easier league where he'll get plenty of playing time and kick start his career.

If he's decided to go then Utd should just stop playing him in all first team and U23 games just let him train with U23's

I'm not surprised by this. I don't think he's seeing the first team opportunities he'd have hoped and I'm not sure he's cut out for the EPL, certainly not yet.

There's also the high probability that this is his agent trying to get Utd to offer more money because every player who's in contract negotiations suddenly starts getting linked with other high profile clubs.

If you can't break through as a young player at Utd in a team that is struggling to score goals then you're playing at to high a level you need to drop down.

I hope if he goes he makes a smart choice and not a stupid one chasing money listening to an agent.

He won December player of the month in the U23 league.

I think he had his best game in a Utd shirt vs Wolves in the FA Cup game obviously if he agrees a deal to go he shouldn’t play again but if he’s still in talks then I think he’ll get a game in the replay.

Is Tahith on the phone behind the desk?

The kid is free to do what he wants but leaving Utd for Inter is mad Conte is not a manager who plays young players if you’re going to leave go somewhere where you will be playing first team football straight away.

Not bothered at all that he's leaving. I believe we are actually in the rebuilding stage, players like Williams, McTominay, and even James are showing the kind of desire and commitment we need. Hopefully Chong will do well wherever he goes but he will always look back on leaving United as a big mistake.

Not bothered at all that he's leaving. I believe we are actually in the rebuilding stage, players like Williams, McTominay, and even James are showing the kind of desire and commitment we need. Hopefully Chong will do well wherever he goes but he will always look back on leaving United as a big mistake.

I think he’s a talent but the front line already has plenty of young players in it so going to be hard for him to break through.

Sounds like Utd aren’t interested in giving out big money deals to these kids before they get in the first team if he’s getting offered silly money in Italy then take it you never know when an injury might come

For all the hype about him I haven’t seen one bit of him that makes me think he’s gunna be good , I know he hasn’t played that much but when he has I don’t get that feeling like greenwood and Williams.

He has talent. We have seen it in the academy and u23s but it is a huge step up to the first team and kids these days are in a hurry to make it. We need to get some of our better talent out on loan in good competitive games. Mind you our younger teams are already operating on low numbers

Just let him go. I really don't think he's ever going to make it in the EPL.

Think hats a bit over the top he’s a very talented young player just isn’t ready yet think a few years of playing first team football will do him the world of good.

I hope he doesn’t just pocket the money at Inter if he wants to leave that is fine but go somewhere you will play.

Think hats a bit over the top he’s a very talented young player just isn’t ready yet think a few years of playing first team football will do him the world of good.

I hope he doesn’t just pocket the money at Inter if he wants to leave that is fine but go somewhere you will play.
It's my opinion. I just haven't seen anything special in limited first team appearances. I'm not looking for top performances but he's shown nothing.

I don’t see anything ‘Oh my god he’s special’ about him but I wouldn’t mind him staying and going out on loan and see how he develops. For anyone who watches the youth teams he is one of the best players in every game but the step up isn’t easy for everyone. He has a terrific left foot and can beat a man but he hasn’t really done anything of note yet in the first team. Wouldn’t mind giving him a go on the right when he does play.

Although saying all this the rumours about Inter aren’t going way so there must be a modicum of truth in them. I would be disappointed if he went because I’ve watched him develop in the youth teams but I don’t think he would be someone in a couple of years who’ll be worth £100m and we try and buy him back.

I don’t see anything ‘Oh my god he’s special’ about him but I wouldn’t mind him staying and going out on loan and see how he develops. For anyone who watches the youth teams he is one of the best players in every game but the step up isn’t easy for everyone. He has a terrific left foot and can beat a man but he hasn’t really done anything of note yet in the first team. Wouldn’t mind giving him a go on the right when he does play.

Although saying all this the rumours about Inter aren’t going way so there must be a modicum of truth in them. I would be disappointed if he went because I’ve watched him develop in the youth teams but I don’t think he would be someone in a couple of years who’ll be worth £100m and we try and buy him back.

Yeah I would like to see him go out on loan for a season on two. As you say the step up from youth to men's isn't a smooth transition for everyone and is surely a lot more difficult with very limited opportunities. Not that I have any experience, but I would imagine making that step up is a lot to do with confidence and so more minutes and opportunities to learn to adjust may be a way to build up that confidence. If he impresses on loan then give him another chance, but right now I think it's going to be very difficult for him to break into the first team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back