De Gea

Bailley Smalling Blind

Valencia Herrera Matic Pogba Lindelof

Miki Rom

De Gea

Valencia - Bailly - Lindelof - Darmian

Herrera - Matic - Pogba

Rashford - Lukaku - Martial​

Because why the hell not. Could well be 3-5-2 though like Bob intimated. Whatever the line up, hoping for an entertaining game and hopefully another trophy at the end of it, would start the season swimmingly.

He is and so is Jones at the minute until the appeal is heard. I'm not a fan of this 3-5-2, I think we need better wing backs to use it from the start of games. Valencia's crossing isn't what it was although it has improved again in the last 2 years and Darmian is a right footer playing on the left that isn't a great attacker despite his assist in the last friendly. I think it should be purely used as a Plan B. I could be wrong but for me the use of 3-5-2 in pre-season was nothing more than just getting the players used to playing that formation better where as 4-3-3/4-2-3-1 comes pretty natural to them.

I would go with the team @SuperRash has posted but probably with Mkhitaryan in over Rashford and of course by default Smalling over Bailly, though it could be Jones if he wins his appeal.

Ah yeah forgot about Bailly being suspended. Yeah Smalling in then although wouldn't mind Tuanzebe being given the nod.

I ummed at Rashford or Mkhi, it could be either in truth. Just the thought of Rashford, Lukaku and Martial as a front three is exciting for sure.

De Gea

Valencia Lindelof Smalling Darmian

Herrera Matic Pogba

Mhiki Lukaku Rashford

I expect Madrid to bring their A game though as they'll want to win this be interesting to see how we compare to them.

I think the front 6 you've got picks itself. Bailly and Shaw to come in when fit and that'll be the consistent 11 you'll see all season.

Wonder if BT will be nice and have this game available for freeview. Cant find anywhere saying they will but here's hoping.

Ronaldo is in the squad for Madrid despite rumours that he would miss the game don't think he's played any pre season games for them yet though.

Ronaldo has just been touring promoting team Ronaldo all summer. So he won't be match fit. But I don't a unfit Ronaldo is actually a thing. The guy is always in shape. Having said that he hopefully won't start but maybe get 20 mins at the end?

Why does he start lingard? Just soul destroying to wait all day for our new look front 3, thinking will he go martial? will he go Rashford? Then Lingard appears on the sheet. Definitely need another beer now....

Team: De Gea; Valencia, Lindelof, Smalling, Darmain; Matic, Herrera, Pogba; Mkhitaryan, Lingard, Lukaku.

I'd have liked to see Martial start given the way he turned Carvajal inside out in the recent friendly.

Come on United!

Attack,
Attack,
Attack, Attack, Attack!

What's everyone's Half time thoughts?

How badly do we need a winger in this side. Miki plays 10 yards inside and lingard plays too deep. Madrids full backs stretch the pitch and Kroos and modric have all day to pick passes. We desperately need someone to give us width in this side.

The Matic, Pogba and Ander thing was meant to push Paul on. Someone's got to get closer to Lukaku his so isolated. Why his the only one in the box when crosses are coming in beats me.

Out of our depth first half. Madrid just better all over the pitch.

Left side is way to weak going forward Lingard/Darmian gives you nothing going forward and just invites Carvajal forward.

Similar to last season sitting very deep but no threat on the counter.

We aren't been thumped like this in ages!

Nice finish by Lukaku but big miss just before that.

Utd played better since the goal.

Fellaini has split his head open on Ramos's top knot.

Don't know if they've noticed but their keeper isn't very good.

Great chance for Rashford at this level you have to punish that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back