Not open for further replies.
200px_Logo_Sunderland_svg.png
vs.
220px-Manchester_United_FC_crest.svg.png

Saturday, 13 February 2016
Barclays Premier League
Stadium Of Light
12:45 GMT

In his interview with MUTV, Louis van Gaal confirmed Phil Jones, Adnan Januzaj and Guillermo Varela all picked up injuries while playing for the Under-21s on Monday. "They're not nasty injuries but I have to give them time to recover," the boss said.

Van Gaal also spoke to MUTV about the fitness of Bastian Schweinsteiger, Marcos Rojo and Antonio Valencia. "I cannot say Bastian is returning in two weeks," he said. "I have given him a holiday. There is light at the end of the tunnel for Rojo and Valencia - they are coming back and I hope to have them as soon as possible."

What the feck. Is jones made out of sugar glass or something. I say get rid of him this summer. Bloody waste of a squad place.

Had a feeling that would happen to Jones after Fergie played him every week in his first season with us. Has struggled with injuries ever since. But for the injuries he could have been a very good player.

Team: De Gea, Darmian, Smalling, Blind, Borthwick-Jackson, Schneiderlin, Carrick, Lingard, Mata, Martial, Rooney.

Subs: Romero, Love, Weir, Pereira, Herrera, Memphis, Keane.

Awful start... Although good response since.

This marking at corners thing though. It's not just this week that I've noticed it. I'm sure last week Blind was tasked with marking Costa. OK we got away with it from set pieces but still what's that all about?

That was really dicey. Darmian trying to play out and I'm sure in Italy would have drawn the free kick but not this time! Need to wake up and go again now. Can't afford to drop any points this weekend with our top 4 rivals all playing each other.

Martial has the beating of Van Arnholt so that's the key. Mata is getting in to clever positions and created a good opening for Rooney and then another really good pass through almost worked.

It's a lot of almosts right now without us working the keeper but you can feel it's coming.

We will score I'm pretty sure of that... But our defense looks edgy so can we keep them about again.

No penalty, he's turning away from the ball.

But it's all Sunderland right now! We need to try and assert ourselves again.

So we've regained control but in a way that doesn't really help. Sunderland are getting men behind the ball and making it tough for us.

Mata is getting in to nice areas and I love how well Martial uses the ball. He rarely gives it away unless he's trying to pick out a cross or more difficult pass.

But I have to say the overall crossing in this team is awful! CBJ disappointingly isn't getting in to areas to cross because he's really shown he can cross the ball nicely.

Goal!!! Martial with a great finish!!!

Love on for Darmian though... That's a concern.

First half was a little bit like how we played for much of the season... Lots of passing and possession but the keeper hasn't been tested.

And the defense looks shaky when Sunderland really get at them.

Good save by De Gea. Sunderland looking the more likely at the moment.

Yeah was a great save by DDG a moment ago! Sunderland playing like they started in the first half.

Lingard off for Memphis. Probably the right call... Lingards been disappointing. So what have you got Memphis!

So hang on... Memphis on and he's gone to the left as you'd expect. Ah OK Martial is on the right now. Thought for a second that they'd pushed Mata out there and dropped Rooney behind Martial. Mind you I'd have forced Memphis out to the right as Martial was causing real problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back