Sunderland make £7million move for Carrick

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

macedoniaunited

No way, he's had a poor season, but 7 mil? If true, Fergie had a nice laugh too. Oh, I will sleep better tonight thanks to daily mail :)

JSNFRMN

£7m is probably close to being right considering his age and he's done nothing to prove he's worth more. We'll never get the money we paid for him back.

M

macedoniaunited

Plus, I'm backing Carrick to get better this year, and if Fergie does sell him, who is going to play as central midfielder once in every two weeks? :)

M

macedoniaunited

JSNFRMN_MUFC said:
I'm against selling him but I just don't think we'd make much more than £10m on him.
Agree, after the midfield crisis with Anderson and Hargreaves longterm injuries, I think it will be foolish to sell him, or it will be foolish to think to sell him :)

We need to buy a creative midfielder to get additional cover in that area. Ireland or Ozil are the best choices, but Ireland is most likely going to illa in a part exange for Milner. For Ozil we will have to reach deep in our pockets, Sneijder has snubbed us, so I dont recall any other player in the moment.

Jorgefoo

Ahh, Nothing like a "Reliable" newspaper like Daily Mail to make you laugh a little. :lol:

Even with his bad moment, Ferguson would not be so stupid to sell Carrick by only £7M. And Carrick would not be so stupid make a move to Sunderland. Certainly he'd prefer go back to Tottenham.

I'm hoping our whole midfield takes a leaf out of Fletch's book, if you don't apply yourself, then you will end up playing at Everton, or Newcastle like P Neville and Nicky Butt. Fight for the shirt and you'll never need to leave, unless Alex decides to throw something at you.

Status
Not open for further replies.