Sun 29th Nov - Southampton v Man Utd KO 1400

Status
Not open for further replies.
I missed the game. Obviously a brilliant comeback. So what happened?

Started well Greenwood missed a great chance they then hit us with 2 set piece goals. Ward-Prose delivers a wicked maybe unstoppable corner then scores a brilliant free kick.

We scramble to half time 2-0 but honestly we were playing well and were the better side.

Second half we keep creating chances Cavani gives us a new dimension in the attack and we wear them down and fight back for a well deserved win.

All round I’d say our best 90 minute performance this season we were just done by 2 quality set piece deliveries.

IDFD...
...why is a Chelsea win better for United???
I thought Chelsea would be the bigger threat...

Tottenham were 2 ahead of them. A Chelsea win or draw would leave the leaders on 21. A Tottenham win left the leaders on 23.

I'd say due to their managers that Tottenham are the bigger threat.

Now win our game in hand and we're 2 points off top.

I would be very surprised to see Spurs finish above Chelsea, but would love it to happen. Do have a soft spot for Spurs.
I think the draw in that game suited United.
Liverpool looking less than imperious is good for everyone.

We conceded 2 set piece goals the free kick imo is what it is but the corner needs to be defended better the plus is we outplayed them today and matched there energy which I didn’t think we were going to do if we put away the earlier chances the game could have been 6-2 a very good performance today love that we can cross again with Cavani

I wonder if De Gea could do better. I hope Henderson gets a run of games to show us what he can do.

they highlighted on MoTD how narrow we are, we really needed that RW in the summer.

Yesterday was a lesson to our lads in the importance of being clinical, we were the better team throughout but found ourselves 2-0 down. Greenwood should bag his first chance, his next chance he just smacked it straight at the keeper then Bruno definitely needs to be burying the rebound. Cavani came on and showed how its done. Great comeback win but should have been a more routine win, and against better teams we'll not get as many opportunities so we need to be more clinical.

I wonder if De Gea could do better. I hope Henderson gets a run of games to show us what he can do.

they highlighted on MoTD how narrow we are, we really needed that RW in the summer.

We played the diamond yesterday which does make you narrow but Southampton don't really have much threat out wide so it was probably the correct system to go with I know MOTD did there piece but we still created plenty of chances in that system and wasn't like we changed it at half time.

De Gea beaten 2 games in a row by free kicks but think both were quality efforts other keepers might not have even bothered diving for them by the time it's over the wall and you can see it to react your probably to late.

Agree big chance for Henderson to get a run of games and show what he can do and if he does well it'll be interesting to see how Ole handles DDG's return will he bench him or put him straight back in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back