Summer Transfer Window Update

jsp

Top Poster Of Month

Sounds like the plan is still to shut the transfer window for next season at end of August as planned even though most clubs won't have started their new season at this point.

I still think next season with things so up in the air just leave the transfer window open until end of January as a one off allow clubs to move players around until then

This is going to mess things up so badly. Basically expect maybe, at best, one signing for us this summer.

Think it'll be a very quiet summer lots of loan deals and free transfers but clubs will still be asking players to take pay cuts into next season if fans aren't back in the grounds

Guys, I am totally confused and need an update. Just when the buggery does the transfer window start and finish this year :confused:

It’ll start as soon as the season ends but I’m not sure there is a close date as of yet. I would imagine it would be October - a delay of a month from when it usually ends.

It’ll start as soon as the season ends but I’m not sure there is a close date as of yet. I would imagine it would be October - a delay of a month from when it usually ends.
So these reported Chelski signings are what then? pre- agreements?

Yeah deals aren’t going through until after season finishes

They officially joined July 1st but cannot play this season - they can train with the first team though.

Window opened 1st July as normal you just can't play anyone until the next season officially starts which currently hasn't even been announced, rumour is mid September. FIFA want international matches to be played in September if that happens the leagues will be delayed until at least October.

Utd have sort of done a deal already by extending Ighalo's loan until the end of January.

Sounds like Utd are getting close to a deal with Sancho if you believe the rumour mills but we've heard all that before, think we signed Bruno Fernandes about 6 times before he actually signed according to the press.

As for when it ends again very little clarity around that one yet sounds like it will be extended to end of October but can't find anything to say that's official. UEFA tend to want to leave the window open until the CL qualification rounds are sorted that process normally starts around now so who knows when they plan on doing that.

I do wonder if we might see it scrapped all together in these times clubs need access to money quick the only way they can do that is by selling players so they might actually ask for it to be left open all season.

Sounds like Utd are getting close to a deal with Sancho if you believe the rumour mills but we've heard all that before, think we signed Bruno Fernandes about 6 times before he actually signed according to the press.
Where are those reports bud?

Where are those reports bud?

Just saw bits on social media from the usual accounts suggestion is we’ve agreed personal terms with the player and his agent but still working on the fee with Dortmund.

Wouldn’t pay much attention to it.

Blank01-254x348.jpg

Just saw bits on social media from the usual accounts suggestion is we’ve agreed personal terms with the player and his agent but still working on the fee with Dortmund.

Wouldn’t pay much attention to it.
I'd be surprised if United signed Sancho this summer. I think Ole is getting the excuses / reasons in early. The pandemic is going to have a major impact on teams spending this summer.

I think the club just don’t want to pay more than £50m in guaranteed money. The pandemic will have a big impact on transfers but it may also mean teams have to move players on and accept they won’t get the fees they would have pre-Covid

next summer he'll have a year left. I see this deal being done for 80-90m this summer.

I'd be surprised if United signed Sancho this summer. I think Ole is getting the excuses / reasons in early. The pandemic is going to have a major impact on teams spending this summer.

I'd say it's 50/50 but Dortmund will have budgeted to sell him this summer they already have replacements in the squad and they know with 2 years on the deal it's sell now or his price will plummet in 12 months.

Dortmund are under more pressure than Utd financially fan revenue will account for a lot more of their income than ours.

yeah, we've said 50, they've said 110. 80-90 sounds about right

Premier League have delayed making a decision on when to close the window.

Window to close on 5th October.

PL clubs can still buy, sell or loan to EFL and vica versa until 19th October.

So all deals involving clubs in the same league need to be done by 5th October and any international deals also need to be done by this date.

Still no confirmed start date for next season.

Good god, we're gonna have to have the joy sucked out of us until 5th Oct with the Sancho deal then. It will be Pogba all over again.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back