Stoke City v Manchester United

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could be a tough one. Win is the most important thing. Not sure whether we should go 4-4-2 or 4-5-1. I'm leaning more towards 4-5-1 though. Obertan should play, showed great strength last night when he came on and that will be needed vs Stoke, he also showed more than Park in terms of going forward. Wouldn't be surprised to see John O'Shea or Brown at RB because their taller than Rafael.

VDS, Rafa, Rio, Vida, Evra, Nani, Ando, Scholes, Fletcher, Obertan, Berbatov.

i didn't watch the Bursaspor game, but read a tweet from one of the MUFC journo's that Obertan was working a lot on his upper body strength over the last few months, was worried for a while that he'd go the Tosic route! :(

Away trips to Stoke are always tough. I have a really strong feeling that the result will be in our favour. SAF would surely not accept another draw.. 5 away matches without a win would be ridiculous.
I think we'll go in with a 4-5-1 formation with the team lineup as predicted by JSNFRMN_MUFC (with the exception being O'Shea in place of Rafa)

VDS, O'Shea, Rio, Vidic, Evra, Nani, Anderson, Scholes, Fletcher, Obertan and Berba.

Prediction: A narrow 1-0 or a 2-1 win for us.

I did say in my post that I wouldn't be surprised if O'Shea played instead of Rafael but i'm not sure. O'Shea has not really helped much against physical teams anyway.

Today's press conference was cancelled due to Rooney news, so no updates on the team yet.

It was Park's first game back from injury on Wednesday I think and he went off, might have been injury influenced but more likely it was because he wasn't playing good enough or Fergie wanted Obertan to get a chance.

i'm not really sure but for some reason Stoke really fuckin hate us, i dont know why, but we will be subjected to a hot-bed of hostility at the Britannia after the headlines we've been pulling all week. 3 points essential, dont care how - a sloppy goal or something. The ideal sceanrio is a good solid win to put the away day blues we've been having so far to bed, either way i dont mind as long as 3 little pointypoos are in the bag!

4-4-2 with the little pea and berba up front.

Has to be 4-5-1 for me. Have to pack the midfield out after recent performances especially with us being away.

I'd like to see a 4-4-2 tomorrow. But I don't think that will happen. 4-3-2-1/4-3-3 formation seems more likely. I think we need to keep going with three players "centralized" in the midfield. That was the formation's triumph in last season and worked well against Bursaspor last wednesday.

Park is playing poorly this season. And he admitted that. But SAF trusts him a lot. So, even playing poorly, I don't doubt he can start tomorrow. But I think the team needs some action on the left side, which rarely happens when the Park plays. At least, in this season. So, I think it's Obertan's time. Even playing a few minutes on Wednesday, he was more effective than the Korean.

My team for tomorrow: van der Sar, Rafa, Rio, Vidic, Evra; Fletcher, Carrick, Scholes; Nani, Obertan; Berba

really hoping to see an appearance by brown. would like to see smalling get some game time too but i'd think it'd be too risky to play him today as wee need our strongest defense to prevent and slipups at the back.

but i think obertan shud be a good call. his speed and creativity would definitely help in our attack. however i see SAF starting with Park though, and perhaps bringing Obertan on later.

JOS in midfield? c'mon we can to better.
and G.Nev? can handle this?
didn't see this one coming... well whatever SAF is planning, hope it works out.

Don't like the look of it. To me it's the Unbalanced team that we have seen a lot recently. No left winger...

I've not got too many problems with JOS being in midfield and Neville at RB but the lack of a left winger is annoying. Don't see why Chicharito is playing at Stoke. Surely his pace would also be more beneficial in the last 20-30 mins.

Not seen much of the game, had to put up with a crap stream and TalkSport commentary. Great goal from Chicha, best header ever. Nani with another assist despite his rubbish crossing. Think it's his 8th of the season now. Evra's done OK I think. Nev has to go off before it's too late. Vida has been a beast. Stoke fans have done nothing but Froth and shout abuse during that half. Support your own team instead of abusing the opposition.

Picture of the Day: http://tinyurl.com/2a33uav

Can't really comment to much on individual performances as I didn't get to see enough of the game unfortunately. Of what I saw and this is always the case, Sheasy did his job and not much else.

GIF of the day

http://thebusbyway.com/wp-content/uploa ... o0ne49.gif

o0ne49.gif

Finally the team won away from home. Better days will come? I hope so! I think the team still has a lot to improve if we really want to challenge for the title. But perhaps the problem was exactly that. The lack of away wins. Maybe it was just what the team needed to "back to the normal."

Evra as winger was the proof that I needed to make sure that Ferguson doesn't rely on Obertan yet. After all, I think he played well the second half.

I can't say the same about Neville and O'Shea. The first could have been sent off, an haven't a good performance in the marking today.

O'Shea had a terrible performance today, once again. Passing, Marking, ball possession ... all terrible. As I said before, he is not the same since his last injury.

The defense made some mistakes, but Vidic was superb today. Tackles at the right time, positioning and not many errors.

The team has shown a disturbing standard again Sloppy 2nd half, and easly losing the ball possession, mainly. When Stoke levelled I began to fear for the worst, but we had a savior today. And if he continue improving, he'lll be the biggest United's bargain since Great Dane's signing.

After a turmoiled weed, it's such a relief to finally win a away match in Premier League.

Scholes would be better off in a 3/5 man mid. I feel really bad for saying that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back