Stephen Defour

Status
Not open for further replies.
Liked this guy when i've seen him in Europe. Him and Fellaini ran the show against someone a few seasons back for Standard Liege. We've got good connections in Belgium too.

Unbelievable how many rumours the Daily Mirror have produced, still got a lot right, but too many completely wrong.

If the Sun is not the Worst, i demand a recount :p

Defour is good player but I do not know if he's the player that club needs. But considering that SAF is acting the same way that he acted with the Ruud (regarding their injury before join the club) I see the Belgian in OT in January.

Did you know that media outlets are now reading fan forums? Hello The Sun!

We have scouted Defour acccording to our mate @FreddieBoswell7, this is looking possible now Ozil seems to be off to Barca for some crazy reason.

"Fergie gone cold on Benzema since hooker scandal"

Defour is an all round midfielder in my opinion, he seems to be really good attacking wise but is also really good defensive wise too. I'm basing this on a few games i've seen him play in Europe by the way. Remided me a bit of Scholes to be honest except he's good at tackling. I think he's had a few injuries recently, perhaps one of the reasons a lot of clubs are holding back in getting him.

He missed the two group games against Arsenal last season. I'm basing my opinion of him on European games before last season. One of the games, he must have been 19/20 playing alongside Fellaini, they dominated the game against Liverpool still only managed a draw though, Fellaini got the Everton move of the back of it but Defour and the other promising Standard Liege youngster Witsel were left behind. Both are too good to be playing in Belgium and need to move on now.

IF we sign someone it will be someone like Defour i think..Good Midfielder with a good eye for a pass, similar to Carrick imo, bit better going forward i think.

and if we're loaning out Cleverley, i think very good chance we'll see a CM signed.

Witsel... The New Keano! :lol:
[youtube:2nqcigg9]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DaP99j-_Gn4[/youtube:2nqcigg9]

I heard about that Witsel tackle. Nothing really. :)

i think it'd be wrong to judge Witsel based on that one incident though...i thought he was not such a dirty player, rated very highly like Defour, more attacking than Defour though i believe

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2010/07/ ... 68x179.jpg

article-1299064-0AA155FC000005DC-5_468x179.jpg

Just seen this in this article which is probably bullshit as it's on The Daily Mail website.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... z0vCZcekpg

if the scousers are hoping to replace Masch with Defour they're stupid...anyway they'll be going for cheap midfielders i'm sure, won't be surprised if they buy M. Diarra or someone in his price range

Defour is nothing like Mascherano, unless he's changed a lot since I seen him, he was a more all-round midfielder in my opinion. Liked to get forward as well as defend.

Skysports.com understands Manchester United are weighing up a move for long-term target Steven Defour.

The Standard Liege midfielder has attracted the interest of United in the past with United boss Sir Alex Ferguson even sending a letter to the player last year to wish him a speedy recovery after he suffered a serious foot injury.

A number of clubs across Europe have been credited with an interest in Defour, but United are keen to lure him to Old Trafford.

In a bid to steal a march on their rivals United could step up their interest in the Belgian international befoe the close of the transfer window.

Defour has previously expressed his desire to move to England and United could be in the market for a new midfielder as doubts continue to surround the long-term future of Owen Hargreaves.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528, ... um=twitter

very unlikely we'll buy him i think, but we do have 2 squad nos available, one from Mame and the other from Hargo....

Manchester United are continuing to monitor Standard Liege star Steven Defour and could make a move for him in the New Year.

Manager Sir Alex Ferguson is a long term admirer of the player and sent a message to him when he was recovering from a broken foot last winter. The Belgium international has regained his place in the first team after reaching match fitness and is viewed as a potential replacement for Paul Scholes and Owen Hargreaves.

Speaking to talkSPORT, a source confirmed United were watching Defour and could bid when the transfer window re-opens in January.

They said: "United were interested in Defour but there was no official bid. He wouldn't have moved this summer any way.

"Beyond that, we will look in January and assess it then. United remain keen on him, for sure."

Source: http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/pre ... tar-steven

Ninis rumours also stoked back up today. Defour and Ninis will be good replacements for Scholes and Hargo. CM is somewhere we will need to strengthen next summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back