Spurs stadium in Delay

jsp

Top Poster Of Month
Tottenham to ask Premier League if they can play opening games away

Heard rumours a while back that the project was in delay with possibility of a soft opening that could see the stadium opened in September but not up to full capacity until the new year while building work was finished off.

This would be a terrible situation for the club as they'd miss out massively on ticket revenues.

Heard one of the reasons for the delay is Levy is the man making a lot of decisions and he doesn't make quick decisions so work sits on hold.

Spurs normally don't start the season well some say because the squad is never sorted before the start of the season well new rules on the transfer window solve that but this year they might start without a stadium.

Surely at this point you just agree it isn't happening until next season.

Getting embarrassing now though there were 29k people at the Tottenham vs Watford game. It's a 90k capacity stadium. I believe it was reduced on safety grounds to 60k(ish) but still seeing 61k empty seats isn't a good advertisement for their football.

Yeah but the way it works is if you have a season ticket at the new ground you get credited for every game you don't attend at Wembley rather than just getting your money back as a lump sum if you took the lump sum you lost your season ticket for next season and had to go back to the waiting list. I've got a mate who has one and he barely bothers going because he hates Wembley and he'd rather have the money back every time he misses a game.

I just feel for the integrity of the league you have to draw a line on it because they obviously can't fix the moving date because it relies on contractors solving problems that aren't over night fixes because they need to be diagnosed then replacement parts ordered.

I may be being stupid but once the credits are claimed back by the season ticket holders aren't they going back on sale so it isn't like Spurs would be losing out by just completely saying 'We're staying at Wembley til the end of the season?'.

I may be being stupid but once the credits are claimed back by the season ticket holders aren't they going back on sale so it isn't like Spurs would be losing out by just completely saying 'We're staying at Wembley til the end of the season?'.

More rent to pay to Wembley I guess and they’re probably taking in a lot less playing at Wembley than they are projecting from playing at home.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back