Sort it out or we'll never win the title!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good words from Evra. It would have been very harsh on Berba to have scored 2 and then we'd thrown away, luckily he still had another goal in him. Now hopefully he can start picking up a bit of form, it's plain to see that the lack of pre-season has cost him.

The strange thing with our defence being so leaky this season is that there's no real reason for it - it's not like we have bad players there or that we've lost a key figure from it (you could argue Rio is this figure but we've had enough practice at coping without him over the previous two seasons), it's just gone. Vidic looks back to his old self, but the rest of the defence seems to have gone off the boil. Neville looked nowhere near the pace against Everton (match fitness may have played a part in this), O'Shea has been poor, and I've no idea why Rafael hasn't been getting games - I thought the right back slot was there to be grabbed by him at the start of the season but for reasons unknown Fergie's been avoiding playing him like the plague this season. Evra looks to me like he's suffering from a World Cup hangover, he's looking nothing like his usual self, and Evans seemingly can't maintain a good standard over 90 minutes, he'll be brilliant for an hour then make a couple of stupid errors. The worst bit is I'm not entirely sure how to put it right - hopefully it's just players taking their time to get to form and not something more long term, because Evra's right, you can't win the title if you're leaking goals and dropping points because of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back