Solskjaer on transfers

Sideshow Bob

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

He’s in contract talks so treat with caution is all I’d say.

He’s 1 year before his contract expires so arsenal need to either sign or sell.

In the last few weeks he’s been linked with Barca, Madrid and Utd.

Not sure he’s the sort of striker we need he’s not great vs teams who sit deep but against teams that offer him space he is lethal.

Gut feeling is he signs a new deal at Arsenal.

Real want offered Rodriquez, Odegaard, Diaz and Vasquez for United's high value midfielder to like play football against otherwise club team s in Spanish and European football but I think United could to do this Swap with Real perhaps United need first three or even four Real preper to offer for Pogba really this is stuff.

Real want offered Rodriquez, Odegaard, Diaz and Vasquez for United's high value midfielder to like play football against otherwise club team s in Spanish and European football but I think United could to do this Swap with Real perhaps United need first three or even four Real preper to offer for Pogba really this is stuff.
Man I'd definitely take that deal. Pogba should be done here and that's quite a haul I think.

Man I'd definitely take that deal. Pogba should be done here and that's quite a haul I think.
Odegaard is good.
James Rodriquez I'm not so sure about anymore. He's 28 at this point, surplus to requirements everywhere he goes, although I do like the idea of the Rodriquez before his move to Real Madrid on the right side.
Brahim Diaz is useless. He couldn't make it at City and couldn't make it at Real Madrid. To be fair, that could be said for a lot (the majority?) of our players if they tried the same moves. The point is, if both of those clubs have already identified Diaz as a player who isn't good enough for them, we need to be going after a different target.
Lucas Vasquez is a puzzle. Are his stats good enough? (Lucas Vázquez - Stats 18/19 ) I'd say he's already too old for what Ole is doing, as he turns 29 next month. 2018/19 he got 1 goal in 31 league games.

I'd say this trade is about 2 players short of being a fair offer. We would be getting mugged if we agreed to this trade. Odegaard has potential, James & Vasquez play on the right, Diaz is a boat anchor. I'd much rather forget all those players and get a right sided ripper like Jadon Sancho.

Unless they're offering you starting players then walk away cash only deal for Pogba unless we get starting quality players who want to come here in return.

If we are being serious about taking players from then I want Asensio. And i'd take Odegaard. Still only 21 and having a great season.

My approach to the swap thing is if we weren't being offered you as a player in a swap would we want to buy you? And do you actually improve our starting XI?

Selling Pogba to raise cash was probably the plan in the summer but they might have to change that plan with little to no cash likely to be in the market.

We don't even really know how transfer windows will work this summer because leagues will probably be restarting at different times for next season as well.

All these clubs who survive on transfer sales must be bricking it and plenty of big clubs carrying big squads must also be worried.

Yeah those two players though i'd without a doubt be happy with if we signed them regardless of fees paid. That's why i'd take them.

I think I asked the other day but does anyone actually know if the transfer market is due to open in July?

I think technically it is but any players who sign for a club won't be allowed to play in the remaining games of this season so Ziyech becomes a Chelsea player on 1st July but he won't be playing for them until 2020-21 season starts.

I guess it's not really the opening date that matters it's the closing date I think we were going to go to the end of August like everyone else again this summer.

With no pre season tours and the fact the players had a 2-3 month break during lockdown you wonder if the gap between seasons might be cut right down this year might only be a month between this season ending and next season starting.

I guess the ideal thing for UEFA would be to try and get the leagues all starting around the time next season but leagues who shut down will be ready to go in August whereas leagues who played the games will probably need until September maybe even October to restart.

I actually think we might see the transfer window remain open until January for next season.

I still doubt Madrids interest in Pogba while Perez is there. I kind of think ZZ won't be there long so Perez won't bring in a player he doesn't want.

Hard to really tell what anyone's plans are after covid Madrid will have been hit hard and they're just about to start modifying the ground so a lot of cash will be wrapped up in that.

Madrid seem to be moving away from the galactico stuff and trying to get young talent in earlier especially from south America to avoid the huge transfer fees.

I can't say I watch much La Liga but is midfield a particular problem area for them right now? Always felt this summer they'd be much more likely to reinforce the attack than the midfield.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back