Solskjaer confirmed as permanent manager

The club really had no other option but to give Solskjaer the job on a permanent basis.

Timing feels a bit odd but guess they might as well announce it as you say going down another route was going to be difficult.

Be bloody typical now for Utd to have a shocker to the end of the season and get pumped by Barca and end the season on a down.

Hopefully it acts as a buzz for the team and gives us the boost for the run in as they all seem to like working with him.

I really hope they back him properly in the summer and sort the squad problems out so we can compete properly next season but given the lack of change at the board level I don't hold out much hope. You wonder though have they finally decided to bring Fergie in on decision making as part of this he won't help us get better value for money but you'd hope he'll help us avoid the bad eggs.

This summer is going to be vital for us, we’ve said it year after year but we need to get rid of some of the deadwood and really address the areas that need addressing.

As for OGS, he hasn’t really done anything wrong. Managers are going to make tactical mistakes and what Ole has to do is learn from them. He’s had a hugely positive influence on the team and club since he has been here so he fully deserves this. Hopefully we can nail Phelan as the number 2 also, I haven’t really read any of the stories about the appointment so don’t know if that has been touched upon yet.

the recruitment needs to be bang on the money, and please please say we can get rid of some of the dross that has been clinging on to a contract for the last few seasons !

The timing I imagine is down to closing out potential deals.

Logical move after what he's been able to do. I do worry a little still because the job now for Ole is a very different one as he's got to rebuild but he deserved a chance.

We won't really know how to judge him until next season when he's had a summer to try and mould a squad and he's not got that Mourinho started the season caveat against everything he does.

This is still a team who are probably going to finish with 10 points less than they did last season and be at least 20 points off the pace setter at the top of the table so it's been a big step backwards for the club this season which is why we had to sack our manager part way through the seasons something we haven't done in a very long time.

I do think we've fallen back into a slump that buzz that existing is fading the behind the scene issues are back at the fore front on going contract negotiations, players who want out, lack of direction at board level, season starting to drift away.

Wilson makes a good point at some point the manager needs to do something that is clearly his twist and put his stamp on things and start to out think his opponent and install that cutting edge with the ball that is lacking but it's fair to say he probably needs different players to do that.

One thing that might help him is getting a settled team and I think serious fitness work needs to be done to raise the fitness levels in this team because we have to many players who are fading on 70 minutes.

Seen a lot of people mentioning ‘what is Ole-Ball’ and his style of play so was searching for this earlier.

It’s an article I first read when we appointed him caretaker manager that I thought may be if interest.

Seen a lot of people mentioning ‘what is Ole-Ball’ and his style of play so was searching for this earlier.

It’s an article I first read when we appointed him caretaker manager that I thought may be if interest.

Had a quick skim through it and it kind of ties up to his early style of play in those first few weeks but you can see why he's moaning about fitness levels because playing that way takes extremely high levels of fitness.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back