Solskjaer’s switch to 3-5-2

boothstownred

It seems to work well when we know we will be under pressure. We then seem to switch back for the so called easier games. Seems to be working ok atm.

SuperRash

I think we play it well and last night our wings backs were progressive so it was good. I think Rojo has to give more support to left back like Lindelof does on the other side but it’s a promising formation and I think in Rashford, Martial and James we have the right players up top to play it.

boothstownred

I think if we carry on playing it tuanzebe will quickly be in. He is strong, fast and decent on the ball.

RichH2016

I like it as an option in certain games. Allows us to be compact and keep things tight whilst having the pace to counter. I think it's smart actually by Ole. Ok sure it can seem negative but you've got to have these alternative tactics especially when you're playing with less talent than some teams.

jsp

Think it suits the players we have in that it solves the right wing problem but I think it’s a system for big games and teams will quickly work it out as Liverpool did force the full backs back and you make it very hard for us to attack.

It’s more of a 3-4-1-2 as there’s definitely one midfielder who’s job is to join the strikers and if he can get ahead of them which probably suits Periera and Lingard.

Issue probably comes when James, Martial and Rashford are fit can those 3 fit in this system?

I think in games where we dominate the ball it won’t be much use but it’s good to have flexibility and if you want to play counter attack it’s great having 2 up top as out balls.

SuperRash

To be honest I think he may well go for 3–5-2 more and more. It’s the only system so far this season that has sparked something. I don’t agree that it should be only used in the big games, if there is a system that is promising you have to go for it. Having Pogba as a10 behind Martial/Rashford/James is worth a go when Pogba is back.