Not open for further replies.

Scholesy18

SNEIJDER REVEALS MOURINHO'S UNITED PLANS
http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/sport/f ... PLANS.html
My chats with Jose about Red Devils and England

sniejder_mourinho2__135751a.jpg

PALS: Sneijder and Mourinho at Inter

By Hugh Southon, 31/07/2010

JOSE MOURINHO'S Inter Milan old boy Wesley Sneijder is convinced 'The Special One' is destined to manage Manchester United and England.

The Dutch pass master believes that Real Madrid is just a stopping off stage before the Portuguese boss ends up at Old Trafford as Sir Alex Ferguson's natural replacement.

And he reckons if the Football Association has any sense should ask him to take on the England job too alongside the Red Devils role!

Sneijder came to know Mourinho well in their time together at the Champions League winners and revealed: "English football excites him more than any other football in Europe and I don't think it's a question of if he returns to the Premier League but when.

"I think it's written for him to take over Manchester United in a few years. One great manager will retire and another one will take over.

"But if he was offered the England job alongside the Manchester United one in a few years I am sure he would take it. He likes the daily interaction with players too much to take on an international job alone.

"Jose and I became good friends at Inter and, from conversations we had, I know he thinks he could really do something with the England players.

"When he takes the United job, the English FA must offer him the national post as well, and from conversations we have had I think he would take it, in fact I know he would."

Perfect

Sneijder knows the FA's top brass would be concerned about the England job being seen as a part-time affair but insists he is the man for the role.

He said: "We are talking about the best coach in the world, and it has been done before successfully.

"His other job would be in the Premier League, so he would be working with and watching the relevant England players every week, it would be perfect for him.

"With Jose, success always follows him, but it's not always because he has the best players, it's because he make you believe you are the best players.

"The confidence and belief he gives you is amazing, and when he is at a club it is his players and staff against the rest of the world.

"With the quality of players England have, a coach like Jose would surely make them favourites.

"If the English FA prepare for this, I am sure that Jose could be England coach by 2014 in Brazil."

To be polite, Mourinho can fornicate off and manage a club for whom defending, diving and cheating their way to victory with expensive imports is encouraged. I don't want him anywhere near United, and that's to put it mildly

I don't really want Mourinho but I wouldn't mind it. It's a definite no if he does Eng at the same time.

I want that Ferguson's successor be someone who makes a long-term job, something around 7-10 years, at least. Mourinho is the best coach in the world nowadays, imo. But he never stayed in a club for more than three years. And I do not see how this might be different at United.

He is the best manager (except Fergie) in the game, he is on a level by himself. He is the only one that can take over from Fergie, not too mention he also has the personnality to take over, something that will probably be most important when someone is filling that role.

As for his success only being because of expensive imports just look at Porto, nuff said.

He wouldn't have won it had it not been for that disallowed Paul Scholes goal.But yeah you sometimes need decisions to go your way and some luck if you're to win big trophies.And has much as it was a horrible decision and cost us a ticket to the next round it may have been a blessing in disguise. Liverpool were in pool position to get Mourinho earlier that season and had Porto not gone so far he might not have ended up on Chelseas radar. Could you imagine Mourinho went to Liverpool that year, they could have won a handfull more leagues by now.

Moyes has been my top choice for years now. SAF rates him as his successor too. Up there with Fergie and Wenger at being commited long term to a job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back