Smash and grab

Status
Not open for further replies.
Awful and the fact DDG got man of the match says it all really...

Poor performance, strange substitutions again but a win is a win! Gives us breathing room from Liverpool and puts us back ahead of West Ham.

Kind of felt a bit deflated though when Rooney scored... I mean I was pleased of course but I really kind of hoped this would be the end of LVG.

Wow. The first half was terrible but a win is a win.

Hopefully momentum to build on. Defeat doesn't taste sweet even if you played great so I will take not playing great and winning.

You can't say we weren't efficient

That's true we were efficient... Were against them in the first game of the season too.

Undefeated in 2016, now that has some ring to it don't you think? ;)

I will take an ugly win over a loss any day. Especially over that lot. I think we need to forget about the style of play for a while and just get behind the team so that we get back to our winning ways.

I will take an ugly win over a loss any day. Especially over that lot. I think we need to forget about the style of play for a while and just get behind the team so that we get back to our winning ways.

I think this comes down to what people are after as fans. Some will agree that we need to get back to winning ways and that's fine but I'm not one of them.

I'd rather watch us play exciting football and maybe only win half our games but enjoy the match. I've been fortunate, I've seen us win it all on numerous occasions. I just want to enjoy watching my team again. I want to be excited by their style, see them score goals and if we drop points like against Newcastle then so be it.

I've been banging the attractive football drum for a while now, but as we stand, I'd take scrappy 1-0 wins until the end of the season. Then possibly appoint a new manager in the summer. Champions League football is vital if the club want any chance of attracting Guardiola.

It was like watching two relegation threatened teams playing, awful stuff.

It wasn't too long ago I would've begged for a shitty one nil at Anfield though, we used to be awful there.

I've been banging the attractive football drum for a while now, but as we stand, I'd take scrappy 1-0 wins until the end of the season. Then possibly appoint a new manager in the summer. Champions League football is vital if the club want any chance of attracting Guardiola.

If I was confident that the board would sack LVG I'd accept this... But if he gets us in to the top 4 then there's no way they will sack him.

I like the idea of Giggs taking charge with Fergie in the background... Then Pep in the summer! But I agree there's little chance we get Pep without Champions League football.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back