Smalling, Welbeck and Cleverley in Eng U21 Squad

Status
Not open for further replies.
i think we might not see Roo start against Chelsea, and i thought Amos would get a call up tot he U-21's...

I don't think he will either. 30 mins against Chelsea. 45 for England. Then a start against Toon and possibly take him off after 60 depending on how it's going.

i think Sub appearance against Toon is more likely, i see Hernandez starting with berbatov. Depending on how they do it'll be between Macheda and Javier for a start against Newcastle.

too similar in my opinion, no one to feed the ball in to them, though they'd be perfect with Ozil behind them, their movement and positioning would give Ozil or someone like him space to pick a pass as the defense has to stay with them..

I class Owen as 3rd choice too, I don't think we'll see a lot of Hernandez really until next season. Needs to get used to the Prem first.

Berbatov-Owen is one pairing i'd like to see more often, i think even Hernandez-Berbatov should work too.
Berbatov playing through balls would work brilliantly against teams who go on physicality, don't have the quickest CB's around. Like Blackburn or Bolton.

I think with Chicharito he prefers playing against defences who push up but he will still be effective against the teams who put 11 behind the ball because of his movement. He can get away from defenders with his pace, could be someone to get us lots of penalties, defenders will be holding onto his shirt all season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back