Smalling signs new deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sideshow Bob

Chris Smalling signs new United contract - Official Manchester United Website

Chris Smalling has signed a new contract at Manchester United which keeps him at the club until at least June 2019.

The England international, 25, has won two Premier League medals with United, made 147 appearances, and scored nine goals since his debut against Chelsea in the Community Shield in August 2010.

Louis van Gaal said: "Chris has improved and developed immensely during the short time that I have been at the club and has become an integral part of the first-team squad. He always conducts himself in a very professional manner and it is also pleasing that he has scored some important goals this season too. I am delighted he has signed a new contract."

Chris Smalling said: "I’m delighted to sign my new contract. I am so proud to play for such a great club. We have developed as a team over the course of the season under Louis van Gaal and we are now playing as a complete unit. This is a very exciting time to be at Manchester United, we are all determined to get back to where we belong and competing at the highest level."

I am obviously delighted.

Brilliant, there were a few questions marks over his future earlier on but he's come on really well.

Excellent in the past month, seen big improvements in his game, seems to have matured and become a bit of a leader at the back, organising his team mates. City away earlier in the season, I thought that was the end for him but it's turned out to be a turning point, seemed fitting that he scored the 4th against City at home, came full circle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back