Sir Alex Ferguson admitted to hospital

Sideshow Bob

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Hope he recovers fully from this. Only the other day he was looking hale and hearty during the wenger presentation. Hang in there fergie.

Such shock news when I saw it come up on my phone, think my heart skipped a beat.

I am are sure he will continue to fight and come out the other side. Stay strong boss.

Twitter went mad with rumours before the official statements were made as his son missed his game because of a family emergency.

He’s through surgery which is great news let’s just hope that when they wake him up that he’s still there.

Sir Alex Ferguson Update..

Doctors have warned he faces crucial few weeks after emergency surgery to treat brain haemorrhage.

He is still in a "serious condition" after emergency surgery to stop a bleed on his brain.

Sir Alex has been put into a medically induced coma, while in intensive care, after he suffered the brain haemorrhage, which is a type of stroke.

Today brain surgeons said the next 48 hours will be crucial with medics focusing on the United legend's life support.

But over the next few weeks, they will start to assess any long-term damage, and likelihood for disability.

Neurosurgeon Peter Hamlyn wrote in The Telegraph: "The most common form (of haemorrhage) for a man of his age with a history of cardiovascular issues...is intracerebral, in which there is bleeding within the brain tissue, causing irreparable damage to those cells.

"In Sir Alex's case, his surgeons have decided to operate almost certainly because they felt the size of the blood clot was causing damage to the remaining brain tissue.

"This is often life-saving surgery and aims to reduce any long-term disability Sir Alex might suffer with this form of stroke.

"If they survive without signs of improvement after several months, then it is unlikely that an individual will return to their former health.

"However, in the immediate aftermath there is everything to fight for and the potential for a full recovery, albeit sometimes after a long period of rehabilitation."

Mr Hamlyn said it is difficult to give a prognosis so soon after surgery, and while Sir Alex is still in a coma.

Meanwhile, GP Dr Mark Porter said in The Times: "Time is of the essence in treating any type of stroke.

"The outlook depends on the severity and site of the bleed but as many as half of patients with subarachnoid bleeds - a bleed on the surface of the brain - will not survive.

"And a similar proportion of those who do will be left with some form of long-term complication ranging from memory loss and speech difficulties, to epilepsy and paralysis."

Wife Cathy, who he wed in 1966, and the couple's sons Mark, Darren and Jason are all thought to be at his hospital bedside, after doctors put him into a medically induced coma.

Some reports this morning that he's awake and talking in hospital, so far it's only been reported in the Daily Mail but I doubt they'd report something like that without it being very well sourced.

Sounds like he is on the road to recovery, absolutely devastating news when it broke, he will get through this, come on boss were all behind you!

What is shocking is some people online making up quotes there's one about Ronaldo claiming he didn't celebrate his goal vs Barca because of Fergie that was tweeted by Utd fan account. No such quote exists so unless this random person spoke to Ronaldo directly he's made it up for clicks.

The influence of the man can be seen by the way fans from all clubs have reacted, been a few wrong uns giving it out looking for attention but most of them have been put in their place by fans on that club rather than Utd fans.

Still doesn't seem to be anywhere online other than that initial big from the Daily Mail so hopefully it's true but I think all media need to keep their distance on it and let the family/doctors deal with it and they can decide when any updates are given.

yes, Liverpool and City showed some class. I pick those two out especially because of the rivalry.

I read it somewhere else, but probably just quoting the Mail. It was on the radio news earlier too, but again could just be a re quote.

Lets hope it's true and he'll be in the stands next year watching us quieten the neighbours.

I do hope it’s true and Daily Mail have got a valid source for this because I am sure the story has given millions of people hope that he’ll be okay.

The story broke 16 hours ago of it wasn’t true it’s been refuted by now

Paddy credrand mentioned it live on his show way before the daily mail article so it has quite a high possibility of being true.

Mourinho: "His family asked for privacy and that is what I am going to respect. But [as a club] we are positive. We are very, very positive."

Great news!

Fingers crossed he’s through the worst of it and we will see him back in his seat at old Trafford next season

Best wishes going out to Sir Alex. The news so far has been positive so that's good. Maybe he gets a renewed hunger for the game and then he can come back and be our manager! :D

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back