Sir Alex excited by his starlets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bebe looks completely different without the dreads. Interesting to read Fergie has never seen him play and has placed trust in Jim Lawlor (scout who he called Jim Lawton) and Carlos Quieroz. First time in 24 years he's signed a player without seeing him play, should we be worried about this?

Bebe looks like he'll make a better Cb than Smalling!! :lol:
He's a beast physically, Smalling looks a bit on the weaker side in terms of upper body strength??
Poor Hernandez looks so small compared to them. :D

Sir matt never saw George Best,you rely on scouts and the people you trust in the game,after all it's not as though Quieroz has been bad for united,he might not make a great manager but the bloke knows his football and he knows good players.....but only time will tell.

worriedturkey said:
Sir matt never saw George Best,you rely on scouts and the people you trust in the game,after all it's not as though Quieroz has been bad for united,he might not make a great manager but the bloke knows his football and he knows good players.....but only time will tell.

True enough but Georgie was a 15 year old lad who Sir Matt expected to play in the reserves/youth team.....
however Fergie has spent £7.5 mill and expects to be a first teamer sooner rather than later

In some respects it's far better to trust your scouts(who you have put your trust in anyway,otherwise why employ them)and people that have been close to the club and know the requirements from players than DVD's,after all how many have been on u tube to check out a player that we're supposedly signing and thought `he's a world beater`only for the player never to make at any level,i have a belief(being an old fossil)that you employ and train your scouts in your own minds eye and then when you've checked out a few times yourself you know who to trust.....blah...blah ....blah....sorry
h stand sorry i was using George as an example but Sir Matt did take the word of other people because at the time of recovering from his injuries he wasn't completly mobile and in Jimmy murphy he believed and trusted...

worriedturkey said:
Sir Matt did take the word of other people because at the time of recovering from his injuries he wasn't completly mobile and in Jimmy murphy he believed and trusted...

Don't if this story is true but...

Sit Matt congratulated Jimmy Murphy on winning the reserve league,
JM "don't congratulate me Boss",
"why not?" inquired Sir Matt
JM "because I haven't got anyone good enough to give you for the first team!"

Even if not true it shows the fantastic quality control we used to have !

I remember something on those lines in i think 57 but when you look what we had in the side then it was understandable,that was about the same year Sir matt did a revamp of his scouting system,he actually went to Ireland to coach scouts in what to look for but not only that to go into the youngsters background,i also had a conversation with Sir Matt where he said..if your good enough your old enough,but if your older doesn't mean to say your not good enough,he also said he'd let people go who afterwards knew he'd made a mistake to let go..........yes we did and still do have fantastic quality control...well put H Stand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back