Should Ole Be Sacked As It Stands (Poll)

Sack Ole On Performance So Far As Of today?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

IDFD

Coming off the other thread and just getting a feel for the forum numbers. Would you sack Ole as of now or give him more time. (As of 28/09/21) Poll will last 3 days just so we can get the immediate current feeling of the forum.

We all know my feelings.

He's improved us year on year. Has built a squad where we feel we deserve to win. Is lacking a central midfielder and I'd give him at least this season to see if he can hit the 85+ point mark which is the target I've set.

I think we may wait until 10pm tomorrow to vote.

I voted no but my answer might be different by the end of November.

I’ve voted no as of today but by Sunday my answer could be different.

My thought process in closing it in 3 days was we could run it a few times this season and see where opinion is swaying.

I said no but ultimately I think it will happen by the end of the season. I hope not but I think it will

I've voted yes. That won't surprise anyone I'm sure.

I voted yes because I've seen enough in three years to see that he's not the man to lead United back to glory or any kind of glory. He's having the same issues and making the same mistakes as he did during his first year or so with the team. I just don't see a top top manager.

As I've said many times before that doesn't mean he's done a rubbish job. In fact he's done a good job and moved United in the right direction. But that's what I think he was brought in to do and I don't think he can take that next step.

So whilst sacking him after 3 defeats in 4 seems harsh I'm not basing it on that. I'm basing it on a bigger picture overall.

I don’t think any fan should seriously be voting yes at this point. I would say it would be ludicrous to vote yes. Of course in a few months then it could be very different and I may well have changed my opinion. But geez we are six games into a season, yes we had a poor result against Villa but he deserves more than six games after a an improvement last year.

If we beat Villarreal and Everton then we go into the international break pretty rosy.

I don’t think any fan should seriously be voting yes at this point. I would say it would be ludicrous to vote yes. Of course in a few months then it could be very different and I may well have changed my opinion. But geez we are six games into a season, yes we had a poor result against Villa but he deserves more than six games after a an improvement last year.
Well as a non fan I guess that shows why I'm the only one to have voted yes. But my vote for yes isn't based on just 6 games it is based on what I've been saying pretty much from the start with Ole.

We're seeing a varying degree of opinions, ranging from give him 3 more days to never ever.
My view is instantly. Big mistake giving him the role in the 1st place. How little he has, or ever will show, as Utd manager. His total inability to put a team out on the park who know their basic structure( or his) ,lack of courage, lack of nous, lack of how to turn a game around when it's not going our way , lack of knowledge where to put the vastly talented players he has under him and how to tell them how to play that position, lack of HOW TO WIN !!!
Instantly, and that's being generous

We're seeing a varying degree of opinions, ranging from give him 3 more days to never ever.
My view is instantly. Big mistake giving him the role in the 1st place. How little he has, or ever will show, as Utd manager. His total inability to put a team out on the park who know their basic structure( or his) ,lack of courage, lack of nous, lack of how to turn a game around when it's not going our way , lack of knowledge where to put the vastly talented players he has under him and how to tell them how to play that position, lack of HOW TO WIN !!!
Instantly, and that's being generous
There will always be differing opinions and whether he is the right man to take us onto that bevel level. However to say it was a big mistake to give him the job in the first place is very harsh and untrue in my eyes. He’s done so much good for the club in his tenure so far. He has brought in some fantastic players and he’s stabilised the club. No trophies is a big concern and is the reason I have doubts about him. If this season isn’t a success then yep I’m willing to say he should go but he’s done enough to be worthy of a chance this season to complete what he has started.

lack of how to turn a game around when it's not going our way

I mean this one just isn't true. In the last 2 seasons United have more points from losing positions than anyone else and it's not even close. We have become the kings of turning games around.

I mean having to come from behind all the time to win games isn't as great as it sounds because what it highlights is this team goes behind a hell of a lot more than you'd expect it to.

Having the come back in the locker is great but what he needs to be able to do is string together runs of routine wins rather than every game having to be 99 in the Nou Camp with a hero coming on to save the day.

Yesterday you can't deny his subs saved the game but could those subs have happened quicker? We equalise on 60 minutes but it takes until 75 minutes for the first 2 subs the second 2 didn't come on until the 89th minute. Between 60-75 minutes they made 5 subs and it turned the game in their favour for a bit as they had the fresh legs. I think Ole had to react at that point for me both rounds of subs were 10 minutes to late.

As we all know when Ole really needs a result he gets one so hopefully he can pull another one out at the weekend and lift the pressure which is still there. It's to early in the season to pull the pin I feel we'll know a lot more by the end of November as this run of games coming up will tell us where we really are.

It's all if's and but's. Butterfly effect. If he had made them earlier, would we have scored?

The worrying thing is it was another awful performance.

City, Chelsea and Liverpool and Leicester over the next few weeks won't be as forgiving or loose in front of goal

I think we would of got the goal maybe even another just felt like watching the game they were starting to fade and gaps were there with Albiol going off.

If we'd freshened things up we could have really caused them problems and close the gaps in the midfield.

Ole seems to be cautious with his subs.

I mean having to come from behind all the time to win games isn't as great as it sounds because what it highlights is this team goes behind a hell of a lot more than you'd expect it to.

This i'd agree with. But it does show he's got the ability to turn games around. To say he doesn't isn't true.

This i'd agree with. But it does show he's got the ability to turn games around. To say he doesn't isn't true.
I actually think he struggles more to turn a game around when it is level. He fails to react in those situations whereas when they are behind he knows he has to react.

I agree, it does seem like we need to go behind to get any kind of performance.

The comeback thing is a tricky one to measure as how many of those comebacks were sparked by him changing something?

To me the solution has got to be stop going behind all the bloody time it's ridiculous how often it's happening to us and it comes back to that doubt over how well prepared we are for matches and our plan for putting the opponent on the backfoot and exposing their weakness.

The top sides dictate the way the game is played regardless of the opponent Utd have got to get that into their game quickly if they want to win titles.

How little he has, or ever will show, as Utd manager....lack of HOW TO WIN !!!
Are you seriously suggesting that we aren't in a better place now than when he arrived? The club in general and our position in the table. You know, the one that is determined by the winning of games.

The comeback thing would be one thing if we were coming back against top quality opposition who also have good players and know a thing or two about football. Our problem is we've needed to turn it around against sides who have no business going ahead, especially at OT.

I don't believe Ole doesn't know how to set the team up either. He's got a winning record against Pep and split with Tuchel whilst the opposition manager has had a better squad throughout their games. I don't worry about us or Ole at all in the big games and that's where you really see the tactical nous.

Not sure if they measure it or where to find the stats but I'd love to see how many games we've conceded the first goal in over the last few seasons.

Feels like it big games we are pretty good at grabbing the first goal but against middle and lower sides we go behind a lot more than we should.

I don't believe Ole doesn't know how to set the team up either. He's got a winning record against Pep and split with Tuchel whilst the opposition manager has had a better squad throughout their games. I don't worry about us or Ole at all in the big games and that's where you really see the tactical nous.

I think Pep plays to his strength though leaves us the space to hit on the break and we've got a system that works vs City. This system often relies on Raheem Sterling missing a load of good chances but it works. I felt last season the top sides both City and Chelsea played more cautious against us to stop that counter attack threat and almost settle for draws. Liverpool away we missed 2 good chances to grab the win when they were decimated by injury and they took us to town at old trafford as we were caught by a fixture pile up.

Each game is worth 3 points there's no point beating City if you drop points to other teams it's all about consistency so yeah he's certainly given Pep a problem but he needs to give every manager that problem because that is what the top coaches do.

Not sure if they measure it or where to find the stats but I'd love to see how many games we've conceded the first goal in over the last few seasons.

Feels like it big games we are pretty good at grabbing the first goal but against middle and lower sides we go behind a lot more than we should.

I've got football at 6. But tomorrow i'll look in to it.

Reactions: jsp
Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back