Should football cut ties with Gambling?

jsp

I do think tougher regulation is coming I think the gambling have already agreed not to advertise during games on TV anymore but footballs ties to the betting industry are very visable now and I'm not sure it's good for the game.

The idea that clubs would go bust without it is a bit extreme if gambling firm revenues were now gone they'd have to adjust their costs accordingly like any business but how far do you go with regulating what people can see. Do we stop Domino's advertising Pizza's during the game as well to help curb the obesity crisis in this country?

Ben Townsend

That probably means that getting the Peloton adverts banned is out the question, shame ....

Mr C

Gambling companies are probably one of a small group that can afford the prices.

It's become blatanty apparant over the last month, Football lives way beyond its means.

A reset button needs pressing, but of course all the oil rich owned clubs won't be affected.

Mind you, you can't press a reset button while clubs and agents want 100m+ for players, and they want 500 grand a week wages.

jsp

This is the point you can hit the reset button because of the magic word that exists in business which is NO.

The clubs have just got to start saying no to other clubs or agents or players when they ask for over the top prices this is where the clubs have failed.

All of the clubs in world football are hurting currently so the market has to correct itself and transfer prices have to come down at all levels.

Players are very lucky that they haven't been forced to take pay cuts for this season given the reduction in revenues but where they might find this pain comes is on the next contract as the renewal wages might not be the same as what was offered before.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now