Shinji Kagawa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another money windfall for us if we get him, not seen much of him, only for Japan actually but Dortmund pretty much walked the German league and some say they were the best team to watch in Europe last season.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_6971257,00.html

Borussia Dortmund have issued a 'hands-off' warning over Manchester United-linked Shinji Kagawa.
Reports in the Japanese media have suggested United boss Sir Alex Ferguson is planning to send scouts to follow the 22-year-old's progress.
But Borussia insist the Japanese winger, who has been on the sidelines with a broken foot, will remain with the German champions.
Kagawa is under contract at Dortmund until June 2013 and general manager Michael Zorc says the Ruhr Valley club are eager to extend his current deal.
Zorc said: "It's not a topic for us, Kagawa is not for sale.
"Our ambition is to extend Shinji's contract early. When he returns from his holidays, we will discuss everything with him in peace."

I would say next year is much more likely if we are interested in him

He's probably just looking for a much bigger contract and there is little interest, maybe we're scouting him but how many other players around the world do we scout. If we signed them all we'd be skint.

FreddieBoswell7: Kagawa: "I Would not refuse an offer from Manchester United" Interesting they have scouted him a hell of alot.

No chance we could get him cheap looking around £25m

Depends on if he gets a new contract, doesn't it? If he is on the last year of his contract, we could get him next January for next to nothing.

I'd be surprised if he didn't stay at Dortmund. Like Bilbao, they are another club with great fans and great young players, manager etc. Getting Reus in the summer aswell. Dortmund are building for the future and won't be selling their best players.

He rejected a new contract at Dortmund & has said he's looking to the come to the Premier League. He'd be my top buy for us in the summer. He's world class and only 22/23.

Just watched my first Kagawa YouTube video, dangerous territory I know. I was impressed with his intelligent/awareness in his passing and his quick feet.

He's very talented. Probably won't be leaving Dortmund this summer and he plays in the same position as Rooney so I can't see it happening. If he did become available though he'd be as good an addition as any.
Stiil quite surprised about the Gaitan links considering the number of talented attacking players out there. Hamsik is another one. Think he signed a new deal at Napoli recently but still.

Don't know much about him football wise but i'm sure that if we buy him people will say we've only signed him to sell more shirts in Japan.

Anyone who says we are signing him to sell shirts would be the same idiots who say we signed Park for the same reasons. Kagawa is one of the most highly rated players in the Bundesliga and an integral part in a Dortmund side that is looking on course for back to back titles.

When I've seen him play he has fantastic technique and knows how to open up a team yes he brings other commercial advantages but if Utd or any other club in the world signed him it would be on merit not because he sells a few extra shirts.

Since Gotze has now signed a new deal at Dortmund there is a chance if Utd are prepared to put up some cash that he could leave but they seem to have a fantastic spirit at Dortmund and after a bit of a poor showing this year I'd like to see them have a proper crack in Europe same with Atletic Bilboa it would be nice to see those sides prove themselves in the top tournament before the big boys carve them up.

Can play to left or right of Rooney though

I'd much prefer him behind the front man to be honest... Him behind Rooney could be an option. As I say though I can't see him leaving Dortmund.

After the last few games I'm strating to think we may need to sign a striker or move Rooney as the main forward because we haven't been convincing in front of goal. I really feel Rooney could be lethal playing as the main forward if he got the right service behind him.

I'm starting to think the same. Rooney still scoring goals but no longer impressing in the role for me when on the ball, off the ball he's fantastic and it would be a shame to lose his off the ball work by moving him forward. What is Kagawa's defensive work like? can he play in a 2 man midfield?

I think it's a potential option that rather than sign a new striker we actually push Rooney forward into an out and out goalscorer role and find a playmaker to slot in behind him.

Rooney is pretty poor when asked to drop deeper into central midfield he doesn't really know what he's doing just plugs a gap and tries his best nothing wrong with that.

Take Wigan as an example the formation wasn't working for me the best option would have been sub Hernandez for Cleverley and push Rooney right up top through the middle sure up the midfield and keep Young out left.

I know people think and I was one of them that Rooney's best roles is as a "number 10" but I'm not so sure his all round game this season hasn't been great be interested to see how man assists Rooney has this season. What he has done really well though is convert chances when they come our way it's no fluke that he gets on the end of those crosses.

He's got 4 assists in the league. I think Rooney moving further up pitch is a definite possibility for next season, his creativity and distribution have been pretty disappointing this season. If we played a front 4 of Rooney, Young, Nani and Kagawa/Hazard/Munianin etc then all 4 can realistically play any of the forward positions, the movement and link up could be devastating and it would be similar to the styles a lot of the successful Spanish teams are playing at the moment which Fergie apparently wants to emulate.

German media say Manchester United have offered Kagawa a deal - Sport Witness

I'd prefer Hazard but for the figures talked about in the article it would be a fantastic bit of business. Really want us to sign a player to slot in behind Rooney and Kagawa fits the bill. He's a bit older than the other players we've been linked to aswell and is ready made to slot in to any top team. I'm surprised Dortmund would consider letting him go, they are a top striker away from being a challenger on all fronts in my opinion.

Is his contract running down? Was a bit surprised when I saw those figures myself.

That about £12million? Would be a great deal. Should leave plenty of money to bring in a deeper midfielder and a full back as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back