Shearer

Mr C

However, when asked if he ever thinks "what if" when it comes to United, Shearer said a firm no.

He tweeted: "NEVER! I couldn’t stand them then and I can’t stand them now!!!"

You'd never guess from his impartial Match of the Day punditry

I mean that response tells me he does regret it and he can play up to being he home town hero all he wants because it fits his image but you can tell he's gutted that he didn't win more trophies.

The only thing for him is he did at least win something with Blackburn.

Shearer last season

Rashford needs to leave unless he gets played down the middle and gets more minutes

Shearer this weeked

Ole made a mistake relying on Rashford and not getting a forward in

You wouldn't think it possible for a more biased anti united opinion than Sheraer and Koewn and the MoTD team

Step forward Chris Sutton on R5

My god, his punditary was embarrassing. I wonder if he spoke about Chelsea, Arsenal etc when they were beten by Liverpool

did anyone see or hear teh MoTD podcast. Top ten prem captains.

At the start Shearer had Keane at 4 with Gerrard above him. He is so anti united it's pathetic.

Wright told a good story on Keane, he said it was the best he heard. In a match they had been at each other all game, Wright said he'd been digging at Keane verbally and he turned round and said "Wighty, you've got a cabinet full of losers medals" :) He said he had no come back, just had to walk away.

Shearer though, such a nob. I don't know why Vidic was so far down either, with what he won.

Personally I believe Shearer when he says he does not regret joining us. He doesn't like us, never has. That's it!
I don't hold it against him either and don't care too much for impartial punditry. One of the great things Sky brought to us was football people, ex players etc debating football passionately and with banter just like a bunch of blokes down the pub. You find yourself joining in from your armchair.
What's the point in pretence

fair enough, but if you put Gerrard as a captain above Keane then you're not in a position to debate. You are too blinkered.

I undestand having Terry above him, I wouldn't myself, but I get it. Terry and Keane should be 1-2 in every ones books. And I hate JT.

For me there's 4 top captains in the PL era Keane, Terry, Kompany & Gerrard.

I don't think you'll ever split them as they all played the role differently and had varying levels of success Gerrard captained Liverpool and took that whole club on his back for over a decade when they never really had a team good enough to challenge but he was basically super man in the way Robson was for us in the 80's.

The other 3 are very decorated in terms of honours but had the advantage of being surrounded by great players I don't think any of them ever led a bad or average side to success but that's because football is a team sport and the value of a captain isn't really what is done on the pitch it's what they do off it.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back