Sergio Romero | Match Discussion thread 2015/16

Status
Not open for further replies.

se7en

Sergio Romero match discussion thread for the 2015/16 season.

5335D25AB205463BBFA4BAF7FB75908F.ashx

Tottenham Hotspur - 8/8/2015

Excellent today. Some good saves commanding and decisive in the area. Kicking needs improvement but all in all happy with his performance.

Impressive debut. His ability on the ball would appear to be on a par with De Gea. His choice of pass is the only minor criticism.

Solid debut.

Not too keen when he's on the ball.

Aston Villa - 14/8/2015

He's been fine so far, but has made about 6 errors across the two games. It's terrifying having a keeper who could make an error at any point. No chance he's a season long number 1

I'm starting to like him for just his 2 facial expressions. His nonchalant kicking makes me nervous.

Club Brugge - 18/5/2015

That one moment tonight was proper Barthez II.

He dallies a lot with the ball at his feet. Makes me nervous whenever he is pressed by the strikers.

This bloke terrifies me. I'd rather Johnstone until the situation is sorted.

Club Brugge - 26/8/2015

Play it Romero, someone's closing you down he's 12 yards away, play it, he's 6 yards away, play it, he's 1 yard away...

Ha yeah he did, but leaves you watching through your hands every back pass

He was. It has been hard to criticise him with the defensive start we had but truth be told he has barely had a shot to save. Concerned that have bought lots of players over the last 12 months and are probably still 2 or 3 short.

Don't know about how other keepers would have fared, but he was poor for the second goal. Should have gone with his feet for it. I know I sound like captain hindsight but really feel he should have done better.

De Gea would have saved both goals in my opinion. He scares the life out of me and it's no wonder why he hasn't been playing regular football.

I tend to agree. We have handled the ddg situation quite badly. Not so much this Summer but over the last year or so.

Manchester United 0-0 Middlesbrough (1-3 pens) - 28th October 2015

Johnstone should be ahead of Romero. You never know what you're going to get when the ball comes at him.

He seems to have a mistake in him each game. Lack of concentration I suppose.

FC Midtjylland 2-1 Manchester United - 18th February 2016

Did alright.

I think that kind of sums him up as a player doesn't it?

He is alright... He's decent enough for a back up but nothing more. You'd be OK with him as back up but not number one for any period of time.

And yet isn't LVG about to look even more laughable... His fall out with Valdes could be about to bite us on the ass even more.

I thought he did brilliantly. He pulled out a couple of degeaesque saves. Was unlucky to concede our first goal.

Maybe so... But his first few games for us he kept clean sheets, made a couple of big saves and looked solid.

Then along came the Swansea game and it reminded us just why he's been a back up at all his previous clubs.

Like degea own goal against Sunderland you mean. Every goal keeper can have an off day and we can slate him for that. But we also should praise him for having a storming day. Had we not lost yesterday Romero would have been the motm for me.

I'm not disagreeing that yesterday he pulled off some great saves. And yes every keeper has an off day. But Romero has been back up for smaller clubs than ours for good reason.

That may as well be. He is a keeper who has a mistake in him. But he looked solid yesterday is all I am saying.

He looked solid his first few games... I'm not saying he's a terrible keeper. I'm saying he's a good back up who for the odd game your happy enough for him to come in. But over a longer period he's not the answer.

Manchester United 5-1 FC Midtjylland - 25th February 2016

Should Romero have done better for Midtjylland's goal?

Yeah he could have done better for the goal. He should have reacted a bit faster.

Thing is the finish was in the corner and had he saved it then it would have been a top save.

He's not a top keeper so I guess it's not a surprise really... Had it been DDG in goal then you'd expect him to save it perhaps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back