Sergio Reguilon

We don’t want Zidane to replace Ole. We love him. Leave us be. I don’t think any club in England would take him tbh. He’s done fantastic with Real but that’s it. Not proven elsewhere and really don’t rate cup competitions myself. Usually won by the poorer side in a league that hasn’t been able to push the better sides all the way.
Any club in England beyond the top 4 would take Zidane in a heartbeat, and I’d think Arteta and Lampard would be jettisoned in favor of him. I’ve never seen someone downplay achievements like you’ve just done.

There’s no way Arsenal take Zidane over Arteta. Let’s not forget that they could have done. Everton, Spurs and Wolves definitely don’t over their current managers.

I can provide you the factual evidence that the champions league is generally won by the inferior team in a league if you’d like?

I just thought every football fan was aware of that.

Yeah I’m sure Brighton would be interested but I was talking about clubs Zidane would take. There aren’t any that would currently take him.

There is a reason that with everything he’s achieved he’s still not highly regarded by all Madrid fans and why he’s never in the conversation with Pep/Klopp as who is the best manager around currently.

Pretty sure most PL clubs would take Zidane if he was available and they decided they needed to change managers not saying he’d be nailed on for the job but I think he’d be on everyone’s shortlist.

His record is crazy good and yes he’s had a good team to work with but he’s getting great results from them and being tactically flexible.

I don’t see them often but they’re not a particularly flair football side they are solid and don’t give much away and ruthless up top.

What rubbish!! What a dumb post. Yeah, Ole is proven, just can’t think where...
Zidane has won more Champions Leagues than United.
And if you ‘don’t rate cup competitions’ then the next few years are going to be very hard for you.
You will be a cup side and nothing more.

And if you ‘don’t rate cup competitions’ then the next few years are going to be very hard for you.
United in recent decades always put being top dog in your own country over and above European success. This directly resulted in 3 years of pain for LFC.
You got to rule your own back yard.

It should be better but such domination of your own league I believe is more important than Europe. If someone asked me if I would swap the 13 Premier League titles from 26 yrs for 13 CL titles I would say no. I am happy with our history.
Fergie did make efforts to improve our CL record in his later years in charge, but ultimately Barcelona were just too strong for us in those years.

I can provide you the factual evidence that the champions league is generally won by the inferior team in a league if you’d like?

I just thought every football fan was aware of that.

Yeah I’m sure Brighton would be interested but I was talking about clubs Zidane would take. There aren’t any that would currently take him.

There is a reason that with everything he’s achieved he’s still not highly regarded by all Madrid fans and why he’s never in the conversation with Pep/Klopp as who is the best manager around currently.
I think you are totally blinkered here. You don't rate Zidane, that's on you, but your pronouncements are silly. You wrote "I don’t think any club in England would take him tbh." and then walk it back to say only Brighton. Bizarre. Outside of United, who are settled with their manager, Pep, and Klopp, no manager is so important to their club in England that they wouldn't consider a change if Zidane said he wanted to come over. Zidane would need guarantees on transfers and so on, but if you think the likes of Dean Smith, Scott Parker, Chris Wilder, Ralph Hasenhüttl, Roy Hodgson, Sean Dyche, Slaven Bilic, and David Moyes would be chosen over Zidane, I don't know what you're smoking. Rodgers and Bielsa are probably safe. Carlo Ancelotti will be interesting to see if he's got anything left in the managerial tank. I think even Tottenham would get rid of Jose in a heartbeat if Zidane batted his eyelashes at them.

I’m not knocking your history. And my comment about ‘rubbish post’ was to lDFD. Someone who lets his love for United cloud his judgement.
If Ole has a bad season and Poch is gone, don’t bet against Zizou at United.

I understand that as a Madrid fan you have to rate cup comps. Because you’ve been quite frankly embarrassed by Barcelona in the league in the last 10 yrs.

Answer my one question. If a Spanish side (A) win the Champions league but can’t manage to the league. But Spanish side (B) win the league, which is the best team in Spain? The team that won the league or the team that won a cup comp?

Cup competitions mean nothing in the grand scheme of things and you know it. And being second dog to Barcelona when that’s taken in to account is what annoys you.

The only teams that rate the champions league higher than a league title are Madrid and Liverpool. Everyone else knows you have to win your league and back it up with a champions league for it to matter. Ironically now both holders of their respective leagues and their fans didn’t care about being knocked out the champions league this season.

As for United being just a cup team in the coming years. Madrid were the third best team in a two team league for a long time so I won’t think much of it.

If anyone wanted Zidane they’d have offered him money he couldn’t turn down. No one cared about him being unemployed and Madrid ran back to him.

As I said United don’t want a defensive manager that causes problems with the players and causes divide.

I think you are totally blinkered here. You don't rate Zidane, that's on you, but your pronouncements are silly. You wrote "I don’t think any club in England would take him tbh." and then walk it back to say only Brighton. Bizarre. Outside of United, who are settled with their manager, Pep, and Klopp, no manager is so important to their club in England that they wouldn't consider a change if Zidane said he wanted to come over. Zidane would need guarantees on transfers and so on, but if you think the likes of Dean Smith, Scott Parker, Chris Wilder, Ralph Hasenhüttl, Roy Hodgson, Sean Dyche, Slaven Bilic, and David Moyes would be chosen over Zidane, I don't know what you're smoking. Rodgers and Bielsa are probably safe. Carlo Ancelotti will be interesting to see if he's got anything left in the managerial tank. I think even Tottenham would get rid of Jose in a heartbeat if Zidane batted his eyelashes at them.

As an American your perception of how much the league matters is off. You don’t believe in league tables and ending it like that. But believe me the league table talks.

If Zidane was a free agent tomorrow no team in the top 10 is in for him.

What makes you think Tottenham would give up José? Look at the league table from when Jose took over. Who is the highest ranked team you think genuinely take Zidane? I also never said ‘only’ Brighton. I said Brighton and the like would be in for him. That’s it.

Genuine question. Do you think Burnley go for him if he was willing to be on the same wages they currently pay?

I’m not knocking your history. And my comment about ‘rubbish post’ was to lDFD. Someone who lets his love for United cloud his judgement.
Doesn’t matter who you were commenting to. You think we are in for a few hard years, I don’t. We are on the back and I expect us to be a force again both domestically and in Europe.
In Ole we trust, Zizou can stay with yourselves and oversee your descendency

I’m willing to get against him now. I’ll give you 10/1 he isn’t united manager at the start of next season.

Doesn’t matter who you were commenting to. You think we are in for a few hard years, I don’t. We are on the back and I expect us to be a force again both domestically and in Europe.
In Ole we trust, Zizou can stay with yourselves and oversee your descendency

If he rated Zidane that highly he wouldn’t be thinking he’ll be gone from Madrid and have a chance at United next season

IDFD...
Let’s get one thing straight, don’t throw Barcelona at me and how we’ve been ‘embarrassed’ in the league ‘in the last 10 years’. Yes, they have a superior league record in that time, sadly, and still they are playing catch-up, 34-26 titles.
Do you know the true definition of social distancing?
8 Spanish league titles and 8 champions leagues. Those numbers separate Real and Barcelona.
So don’t ever think we are ‘second dog’ to Barcelona... and don’t presume that ‘annoys’ me.
You talk about ‘cup competitions’ as if the champions league is something you stepped in. Maybe that’s because we have stepped in it 13 times, and United only 3.
So please don’t talk rubbish again by telling me, ‘l understand that as a Madrid fan you have to rate cup competitions’.
Do you disregard the 12 FA Cups (if that number’s right) you have won? NO YOU DON’T!!!
Do you disregard the 3 CL you have won? NO YOU DON’T!!!
And there’s the ECWC and league cup.
In answer to your question, the team that wins the Spanish league is the best team in Spain. Obviously!
The team that wins the CL are champions of Europe. Obviously!
The only two trophies worth winning nowadays are the CL and your own championship. If Real can’t be champions of Spain, l am very happy to be champions of Europe.
You make a lot of assumptions about Real and Liverpool favouring the champions league. I smell ENVY and inferiority. Regarding Liverpool, you are 20-19 ahead in titles... 6-3 down in the champions league.
Next season could make it 20-20... and that wouldn’t be good for bragging rights.
As for Zidane, Ole, when he’s done, won’t have his managerial cv. I don’t think he will last more than one more season, which will mean no league title, no champions league. Zidane will walk away after this season, almost certain. I think United would consider Zidane very seriously. YOU WANT TO WIN, DON’T YOU???
And here is a question for you...
United finish the league campaign in 5th place but you are in the champions league final.
Are we to assume you couldn’t care less about the outcome???
Remember, cup competitions don’t matter.

The only teams that rate the champions league higher than a league title are Madrid and Liverpool. Everyone else knows you have to win your league and back it up with a champions league for it to matter. Ironically now both holders of their respective leagues and their fans didn’t care about being knocked out the champions league this season.

Not having that on Liverpool I'm afraid, they have been desperate to win the league. And their league history is excellent. Their fans might ram the 6 CL down our throat, but they can. And they know Fergie was desperate to win more. But I don't think Liverpool rate the CL above the league at all.

As for Zidane, I also don't rate him as a manager, which is sttange so many people don't rate him when he's won so much. Granted Ronaldo was winning it all, take him out would Zidane have as much?

Would I want him at united, never, I think the prem would eat him up.

United finish the league campaign in 5th place but you are in the champions league final.
Are we to assume you couldn’t care less about the outcome???
Remember, cup competitions don’t matter.

I want to win every competition we’re in. But if the champions league titles come at the expense of the league then I don’t want it. The league title is what matters. Being champions of Europe means you won a cup competition and unless you won your league competition doesn’t mean you can call yourself the best team in Europe. I’m not sure why it’s so hard to grasp that I don’t highly rate Champions League wins as making someone a great manager.

Di Matteo won it with Chelsea in his only season as manager. I don’t see anyone crying out about how fabulous he is.

As for having an inferiority complex you’ll find you’re very misjudged. Madrid aren’t a team anyone wants to be like. A virus is the term used to describe you by Sir Alex. You yourself slate Zidane for the way he treats players and creates divide.

I do want to win things. We’re on an upwards trajectory with Ole and to throw it all in the bin for a man that plays defensive football? No thanks.

As I said and stand by no team in the top 10 currently would want Zidane and I don’t believe he’d want to go to any other. I’ve never heard his name thrown about in the great managers conversations and think you may be over-hyping him in your mind because he manages Real. Why was no one offering him mega bucks when he was available last?

IDFD...
It is your opinion, your choice. Most here would probably disagree.
And, for the record, l have never said Zidane is a great manager. What l have said is that he has a great cv.
You seem preoccupied with Zidane’s standing in the game. Such a big Ole fan, who has won zilch, yet insultingly dismissive about ZZ’s wonderful record.
You would kill to win 3 champions leagues in a row, 4 in 5 years. But don’t admit it, wouldn’t want to compromise your purist ideals.
Zidane is not a defensive manager but he recognised our lack of firepower right now, so made a smart decision to be very strong defensively. There is a difference. And we won the title.
Ole is a big question mark. Just because he wasn’t a first choice striker and made a bit of a name for himself by scoring a few goals as sub, that seems to make him a ‘legend’. That’s why you seem to think he is the second coming.
Give me a break!!!
Ole will only take you so far. And, you’ll be pleased to hear, it won’t be CL glory.
Ferguson’s virus comment got a laugh or two... but he couldn’t hold Madrid back when it came to Ronaldo.
Furthermore, did you jump up and down when Ferguson luckily won his two champions leagues???
Don’t answer that... l can tell you were distraught.

Did I jump up and down when we completed the treble? Winning the League at the same time as the Champions League? Of course I did. My point being that you can only call yourselves the best team in Europe when you win your league and the champions league. Unless you’re managing both then you aren’t even the best team in your country and it’s just a cup competition. How you cannot see this still is beyond me.

I’m failing to see your point. You agree Zidane isn’t a great manager? So what are you arguing about?

As for Ole scoring a few goals as a sub. He scored over 100 goals and played in over 300 games. He’s managed all through our youth teams and reserve sides and understands the club. Something Zidane wouldn’t. But at the end of the day I wouldn't expect a Madrid fans to understand the values of a club.

As for your lack of fire power I’m sure most managers get more goals out of that strike force than Zidane musters. The winning in anyway is a great mentality but it isn’t attractive and that’s why you don’t like him.

I don’t think anyone would disagree with me that the league comes first and that’s what makes you a good team.

And if you meant people would disagree with my views on Zidane I don’t think many people rate him highly.

IDFD...
It is your opinion, your choice. Most here would probably disagree.
And, for the record, l have never said Zidane is a great manager. What l have said is that he has a great cv.
You seem preoccupied with Zidane’s standing in the game. Such a big Ole fan, who has won zilch, yet insultingly dismissive about ZZ’s wonderful record.
You would kill to win 3 champions leagues in a row, 4 in 5 years. But don’t admit it, wouldn’t want to compromise your purist ideals.
Zidane is not a defensive manager but he recognised our lack of firepower right now, so made a smart decision to be very strong defensively. There is a difference. And we won the title.
Ole is a big question mark. Just because he wasn’t a first choice striker and made a bit of a name for himself by scoring a few goals as sub, that seems to make him a ‘legend’. That’s why you seem to think he is the second coming.
Give me a break!!!
Ole will only take you so far. And, you’ll be pleased to hear, it won’t be CL glory.
Ferguson’s virus comment got a laugh or two... but he couldn’t hold Madrid back when it came to Ronaldo.
Furthermore, did you jump up and down when Ferguson luckily won his two champions leagues???
Don’t answer that... l can tell you were distraught.
United were not lucky in winning the two champions leagues under Fergie. They should never have been 1-0 down against Bayern as the free kick they scored from was never a free kick.
And against Chelsea, it was a penalty shoot out, and a penalty shoot out is just that. You score more than the opposition you win. Simple as that.
Additionally, Ole was a great player for United, he is still finding his way as a manager but I am backing him to be a great manager for United. he has done a great job to date.

In short, due to the money men always looking to find ways to maximise revenue from the game all cup competition has been devalued.
Prior to the formation of the CL in the 90's you HAD to be the Champions of your domestic league to even compete for the European Cup. The fact that you can now win the CL having finished as low as 4th in your domestic league has devalued it immensely, regardless of the better financial reward for reaching the latter stages or winning it.
As a knock on effect our FA Cup has been devalued as the bigger teams target the CL as main priority for the said financial gain that comes with it and therefore often have senior players sit out games until the semi's or final should they get there.
Again the further devalues our League Cup which is least priority and is now used to afford young players some playing time.

All said and done. I would still like more cups and would happily celebrate an FA Cup or CL but the domestic Premier League is priority, always.
You can be assured that will be Ole's No1 target and I would say he is closer to building the team to reclaim it than @losblancos would suggest.

Not having that on Liverpool I'm afraid, they have been desperate to win the league. And their league history is excellent. Their fans might ram the 6 CL down our throat, but they can. And they know Fergie was desperate to win more. But I don't think Liverpool rate the CL above the league at all.

As for Zidane, I also don't rate him as a manager, which is sttange so many people don't rate him when he's won so much. Granted Ronaldo was winning it all, take him out would Zidane have as much?

Would I want him at united, never, I think the prem would eat him up.

I dont rate Zidane either. He has possibly the best squad in Spanish football, even I could put out a team with Ronaldo in it and win. He seems to have a strange tendency to like what he likes and the rest can go jump which in the modern game doesn't work, as Jose found out.

If we had had Zidane after Jose we'd have be F**KED in the biggest way imaginable. It would have taken 10 years to recover.

Prior to the formation of the CL in the 90's you HAD to be the Champions of your domestic league to even compete for the European Cup. The fact that you can now win the CL having finished as low as 4th in your domestic league has devalued it immensely

Whilst I agree with this, It took fewer games to win it pre CL, so it could be argued it was easier?

In short, due to the money men always looking to find ways to maximise revenue from the game all cup competition has been devalued.
Prior to the formation of the CL in the 90's you HAD to be the Champions of your domestic league to even compete for the European Cup. The fact that you can now win the CL having finished as low as 4th in your domestic league has devalued it immensely, regardless of the better financial reward for reaching the latter stages or winning it.
As a knock on effect our FA Cup has been devalued as the bigger teams target the CL as main priority for the said financial gain that comes with it and therefore often have senior players sit out games until the semi's or final should they get there.
Again the further devalues our League Cup which is least priority and is now used to afford young players some playing time.

All said and done. I would still like more cups and would happily celebrate an FA Cup or CL but the domestic Premier League is priority, always.
You can be assured that will be Ole's No1 target and I would say he is closer to building the team to reclaim it than @losblancos would suggest.
You're quite right, maybe the CL should be renamed to the European League and a special CL for league winners only. Would make winning the CL much more prestigious.

Whilst I agree with this, It took fewer games to win it pre CL, so it could be argued it was easier?
No, it was a proper cup competition, not a league. They created more games simply for more revenue. So, while most are still calling it a cup competition, it is not any longer, it is a league as the name would suggest.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back