Sergio Aguero in altercation with fan

It's a tricky one because we don't know what the fan said if anything to provoke him but if that was fan vs fan then both would be looking at football banning orders.

Probably get the usual 3 game ban can't see it being any more than that, could rule him out of the league cup final at the weekend though.

When I seen it not sure it was as bad as people are making out, if that was one of our players I would have wanted him to deck him haha

Worse one was Pep at half time, he should get the book thrown at him, Jose got hammered for kicking a bottle of bloody water, Pep was out of control last night

I just looked on YT, didn't look that bad, haven't seen Pep's one

It wasn't just Pep though was it the Wigan manager was giving it big time as well they were both at it and it's all heat of the moment stuff no one actually swang and punches so I doubt anything will happen both managers were lucky to avoid being sent to the stands.

As for the Aguero thing it was a strong arm off rather than taking a swing at a guy but in this day and age he'll be lucky to get away with it and the only reason it didn't get worse was players got hold of him and pulled him away he was ready to throw down and he'd probably of knocked the cr*p out of the guy south american footballers are hard as nails.

It's a tough on to call because what are the players meant to do when so many fans burst onto the field and come at them? The majority of Wigan fans who did jump onto the pitch wanted to celebrate with their players, but there's always idiots who see it as a chance to do something stupid and spoil it. Aguero obviously wanted to get off the field and someone's come at him. His pushed him off rather then gone for him. But where Aguero let's himself down is afterwards where he tries to get back at the idiot and has to be restrained by Wigan players. His the paid professional in this situation and weather its right or wrong or easy or hard he needs to just walk or jog away not engage in it.

As for Pep for me that's different. His gone over to Paul Cook aggressively. His carried that on down the tunnel. The manager of the side has a duty to represent everyone of his players and staff. So for him to react and behavior like that is unacceptable. So I hope he gets the books thrown at him. The nice guy persona looks like its wearing off. Losing is a part of the game and happens to everyone even if you've spend half a billion in 18 months.

Question for everyone. Will the press and pundits who's been saying how amazing and great this City side are, still feel and think that of them if they only win the Premier league this year? Would 1 trophy warrant half a billion investment?

Yeah I agree mate, from the videos Pep was wildly out of order, went after their manager who it looks like was only responding, you can't have some bloke screaming in your face and not retaliate, impossible!

Then he went flying after the ref, not his first time but he never gets in trouble, if he gets away with that, and Jose gets banned for kicking a bloody water bottle, its just mental.

Question for everyone. Will the press and pundits who's been saying how amazing and great this City side are, still feel and think that of them if they only win the Premier league this year? Would 1 trophy warrant half a billion investment?

You think Arsenal will beat them on Sunday?

For me they are still favourites for the CL too. Wigan got lucky last night from what I read.

I wouldn't put it past Arsenal. Given the suspensions and injuries City have got at the minute. Plus Arsenal are capable of turning it on at any given day. So while City are favourites, you cant rule Arsenal out.

In terms of the Champions League I think what we saw in that Real Madrid vs PSG match last week needs to be remembered. PSG rolling wrapped up their league, similar to City. Against a Madrid under pressure, struggling domestically, manager under the cosh. But they found that extra gear in that tournament. They've got a know how how to win when it matters in Europe. Experience plays a massive part in the CL. Have City got that? I dont rank City above Real or Barcelona despite how strong their side is on paper because those two have players that have done it. Would City even get past Liverpool over two legs? Kloop has shown us he is capable of opening them up.

You think Arsenal will beat them on Sunday?

For me they are still favourites for the CL too. Wigan got lucky last night from what I read.

I think Arsenal have got a good chance they've got a fantastic record in cup competitions in recent years they beat City in the semi final last year and Chelsea in the final they're a very dangerous side on their day but City are obviously favourites.

Wigan were a bit lucky they punished a mistake by Kyle Walker and scored with basically their only chance in the game but City were pretty toothless they didn't create a lot of good chances in the game until De Bruyne came on despite dominating possession. I don't recall the keeper making a great save he had a good one in the first half when Aguero blasted a shot at him. Wigan were just solid they sat deep and compact allowed City the space out wide then won almost every header that came in the box and throw bodies in front of any cut back.

Being reported by some sources that Aguero was spat at by the fan. If true I don’t think any ban should happen. Absolutely disgusting.

To be honest I don't think he done to much wrong, if some fan had done that to me I would have planted him lol

Being reported by some sources that Aguero was spat at by the fan. If true I don’t think any ban should happen. Absolutely disgusting.

It is but as always one thing doesn't justify the other no one has the right to hand out their own justice and self defence wouldn't cover someone spitting in your face. Personally never understood the people who say they'd rather be punched in the face than spat at thing I'd much rather have Anthony Joshua spit in my face than have him hit me lol!

There will be plenty of footage of what happened way more than we've seen already as CCTV is everywhere in football grounds now so if the fan is shown to be being abusive then I hope he's banned from football for a long time same with the idiot City fans who ripped up hoardings and threw them at police/stewards.

It seems that the venue was under resourced from a policing/stewarding point of view my guess is no one anticipated a Wigan win would cause a pitch invasion.

City have complained and they've even suggested that Aguero may take legal action over what happened to him.

Aguero and Pep both got off. Remember when Jose got that ban for kicking a water bottle which 'endangered people around him' what a double standard world the FA live in.

unreal how many bans Aguero escapes - Sheink Mansour must be a regular FA sponsor. That time he jumped in two footed on a Chelsea player was it? Nothing...

Think it was just a headache the FA didn't really need as it was fans on the pitch not player going into the crowd like Cantona or Evra, there are claims from the player that he was provoked, I imagine the fan involved wants to keep a low profile to avoid online shaming and also the likely banning order and potentially legal action Aguero could take against him

Think it was just a headache the FA didn't really need as it was fans on the pitch not player going into the crowd like Cantona or Evra, there are claims from the player that he was provoked, I imagine the fan involved wants to keep a low profile to avoid online shaming and also the likely banning order and potentially legal action Aguero could take against him
Guess so but the lad seems to have a dozen rabbits feet in his trousers...his luck cant last forever.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back