IDFD

Goals against the top 6 since 2011/12

Agüero 37
Kane 21
Rooney 20
RVP 18
Hazard 17

The guy is the ultimate big game player

Are those stats really fair given the time period the only guy who’s been around in their prime for that period is Hazard.

Agüero is a ridiculous striker something like 150 goals in 250 league games at City

I get your point about the stats not being fair. But to highlight my point about him being a big game player. His most goals in games have come against:

Newcastle 14
Chelsea 12
Spurs 10
Watford 10
United 9
Arsenal 8

That's 4 of the 5 of his teams top rivals in his top 6 clubs he's scored most goals against. He doesn't just put his goals up against weak sides. He's also got 7 against Liverpool and Barcelona.

In contrast Kanes goes Leicester, Stoke, Everton, Arsenal, West Ham, Southampton, West Brom, Bournemouth, Hull

He’s got some mad record scoring at home against these teams at the etihad his goal scoring record is insane and his record against us is something like 9 goals in 12 games the guy does my head in.

That song they sing about him really grinds me as it was the true turning point for the clubs that 12 months where they signed Silva & Yaya then added Agüero the following year was when they became the real deal. Previously they’d been spun king fortunes on players like Adebayor, Santa Cruz and Lescott.

It’s 9 in 10 against us.

I still think he not Kane is the leagues best striker. Don’t know the song though.

It’s 9 in 10 against us.

I still think he not Kane is the leagues best striker. Don’t know the song though.

Kane I think has the stronger all round game but as a pure goal scorer for me it’s aguero he makes impossible finishes look routine and also scores some spectacular goals to go with it. If I had to pick one to take for Utd it would be Kane because he’s in his prime years whereas Aguero is probably just heading the other side of that.

I think if you’re picking a PL team of the last decade it’s hard to argue against Rooney & Aguero being your front 2 as good Kane has been.

This is how it feels to be city, this is how it feels to be small, you signed Phil Jones, we signed Kun Agüero. We used to sing that tune with a different ending to mock City.

Premier League: Manchester City 6-0 Chelsea - 10th February 2019

11th hat-trick for City equaling Shearer's record.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

He's getting better and that is scary.

Missed a tap in yesterday from about 2 yards then 5 minutes later wallops one top corner from 25 yards you just can't rattle the guy.

Personal I’d say best foreign Striker in the prem ever, I know people say Henry but his goalscoring record is 2nd to none

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back