Season Review

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your thoughts on the season?
Your favourite and least favourite match of season?
Which players impressed and disappointed?
Positives and negatives of season?

It was a good season overall I'd say. We made a really good fight of it in the league, put something in the cabinet (even if it was the Carling Cup) and did decently in Europe and if we'd held a 3-0 lead going into half time against Bayern we'd be on our way to Madrid. Without Ronaldo a lot of the problems in the team were highlighted more (lack of creativity in midfield, lack of a midfielder who could control games [or a midfield who could come to that], a lack of a goalscoring centre forward and a real lack of secondary scoring - the set pieces were piss poor all season as well) but we still did well. Best defence in the league even though we only had our first choice back 5 on the pitch a handful of times was a better achievement than it'll ever be given credit for. In terms of players, Rooney and Fletcher have developed into the players they always had the potential to be, Evra was as consistent as ever despite having an ever changing cast around him, the old guard (and I include VDS in that) showed why they're still useful and can give us another year, Evans and Gibson (even if I'm not fully sure about him) showed that the youth system is still productive, Valencia was outstanding after looking nervous (understandably) in the early stages and Nani looks to be ready to deliver consistently. In terms of games we shouldn't have slipped up in, there are loads I look at. Certainly defeats at Burnley and at home to Villa shouldn't happen, and we shouldn't need a last minute goal to draw at home to Sunderland, and I increasingly think the game at Anfield should be added to the list given how their season's worked out. The current standard isn't great, and we only need a creative midfielder added to pose a real threat again next season. We congratulate Chelsea, but add a warning to it - enjoy it while it lasts, it's only on a 1 year loan. And Terry, no way we will ever be jealous of your club - as Liverpool will testify, you can win as many trophies as you want but we'll never be usurped as the biggest club in England. United! United!

Season wasn´t to bad ... There were games where we all just could shake our heads ... how could we lose them? That effectivly cost us the fourth...

We had a lot of injurie problems we stayed together and came back stronger but the normaly so strong United to the end of the season was to late this term.

Hope we can bounce back stronger, Buy some great players and have a go for at least another 3 Titles in a row!!!

I´m disappointed... that´s why I wasn´t online for a day :twisted:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back