Season Expectations?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure be we will definately be up there, i'm quite excited for this season unlike last where i wasnt sure how we would do without Ronaldo and Tevez

Premier League - Champions (06/07 replay)
FA Cup - Runners-up
Carling Cup - 5th round (And honestly, i don't care about Carling Cup)
Champions League - Semi-Final (We'll play better than last season, but still not be enough to win the title)

I absolutely hate the FA Cup. I don't know why, I just don't like it. Much rather the League Cup as the youngsters get to play.

This time last year I still expected us to win everything despite Ronny and the ugly one leaving so this season I expect to win everything again.

Yeah, i agree. The Carling Cup is very important for young players. It's a great chance for them getting involved and get some first team action. But I don't know why, but i can't get excited about this tournament. A UK/Ireland Cup could suits me more. But of course, I'll celebrate the if United win the Carling cup. I celebrated when the team won the "prestigious" Amsterdam Tournament, why not celebrate the traditional Carling Cup? :p

Star Player.. humm. Well, It's hard not to choose Rooney. He'll shine again, I hope.

Surprise Package, I choose Smalling. Considering the amount of compliments that he has received, I think he'll be a great player at United. I saw him a few games at Fulham and I really liked what i saw (except the game against the Rent Boys at Stamford Bridge). But i think he Can excel at United.

In my own optimistic world the quadruple is possible. But i'd be happy with just the Prem to be honest. Anything to get that back from the Rent Boys, it's the one that matters the most, the one where you can brag to your mate all season long about having after 38 games. The other cups are only gained by less than half the amount of Prem games. That is why the Prem is the one that matters the most. Wouldn't mind old big ears aswell for what could be Edwin, Nev, Giggs and Scholesy's last season.

I reckon Anderson will prove to everyone the quality he has

se7en said:
I reckon Anderson will prove to everyone the quality he has

Me too, if he can stay fit. Also think Berba will win a few over. And maybe Gibson will be another suprise package.

This season will be one for the youth to excel. I expect a season of surprises-We have quality in the youth and the old guards will provide the needed experience and motivation.

Last season i was one of the few who had faith in the team and this season i am still sticking my neck out for the RED ARMY to serve some humble pies. The youth are hungry and desperate to show what they're made of. Be Afraid ! is all i can tell our competition.

Smalling has to seize his opportunity on tour and when he gets one in comeptitive games.

Corry Evans could be another surprise package. Gibson and Jonny Evans both got into the first team through playing for their countries really, it's good experience, Corry could be the same, he also had a good season last season. And with Hargreaves out, Corry could be a potential replacement, I think he needs a loan first though like Gibson and Jonny had.

My hope and dreams for this season are as follows :-

premier league champions - this is going to be tight. Chelsea, City and Arsenal will finish 2nd, 3rd & 4th respectively! United to win by 4 points!
FA Cup - I'd love us to win the old trophy, but I believe that it will be heading to to White Hart Lane this year!
Carling Cup - I know it was our only silverware last season, and I celebrated big time that we ha won it, but really, this is our 4th priority, so I reckon q/finals, with City winning it, only because they are desperate for silverware (que open top parade by City, only yo be cancelled due to health and safety reasons as the bus isn't big enough to fit all of thei players!!!).
Champions League - Fergie will go for this big time! He knows we should have won it last season so will be determined to do better this season! If everyone stays fit, I believe we can win it! Plus I'm prYing we play Real Madrid at some stage! 'Sorry Mr Ozil, but we just whipped your 'best club in the world'!! Btw, is the bench comfortable?!!!!!'

Surprise package - Hernandez! This guy is gonna be the new Ole Gunnar! He has already won over the United fans, and pretty soon he will be the favourite 'other team player' for most supporters of prem league teams! I think Smalling will grow into a very good player, and who knows what Bebe will bring to the team!

Oh, and Paul Scholes to be player of the year! They should give that to him now! Awesome
start to the season from one of the greatest!!!

We'll definitely win the league imo and we would atleast reach CL semi and I have no idea about cup matches. Winning 3rd successive CC would be awesome. I'd like for United to do well in FA cup.We have been poor in it in recent years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back