Sean Longstaff

IDFD

Saw this earlier. I’ll be honest even though I consider myself to watch a lot of football I barely know this lad. Some people were making comparisons to Carrick.

At 21 is he good enough to come in to the side? I like the signings of him and James logically but we can’t just sign a bunch of squad players for the sake of being English and Young they need to have the required quality too.

jsp

Saw some impressive reviews of him when he had a run in the team this season.

Like @IDFD said we can't just sign a load of kids we need to get a mix and given we have McTominay not sure we need to add a developing player we need guys ready to go straight into our starting XI.

He's got 3 years on his current contract so he'd be expensive.

RichH2016

What kind of player is he then? I have no idea as until now I've not heard of him.

jsp

The only thing I really saw him do was smash one in the top corner but seemed like a deep lying playmaker style midfielder from the reports I read take the ball off the defence and starts moves hence the Carrick comparison.

jsp

It's already being rubbished by a few people on twitter.

Yeah I don't know what it was but after he broke into the team he did get injured and missed the end of the season.

SuperRash

Yeah I’ve seen many reports on Twitter now that it’s a non-starter so don’t think this is happening. One to keep an eye in the future though. I think replacing Carrick has been our biggest issue.

jsp

Yeah I’ve seen many reports on Twitter now that it’s a non-starter so don’t think this is happening. One to keep an eye in the future though. I think replacing Carrick has been our biggest issue.
Yeah because replacing Rio, Vidic, Evra, Scholes, Giggs, Rooney, RVP etc has been such a rip roaring success haha.

The regeneration of the 2013 team has been a disaster nearly every position is now filled by a player of lesser ability.