Scunthorpe v Manchester United

Status
Not open for further replies.
TK, Rafael, Smalling, Brown, Fabio, Park, Gibson, Anderson, Obertan, Owen, Kiko.
Subs: Amos, Neville, De Laet, Bebe, Eikrem, C Evans, Hernandez.

Obertan and Park could be on either side. Not sure if Amos is fit either as he didn't play against Villa on Thursday for the ressies.

Bebe and Kiko set to feature.
SAF: "Bebe is training very well. He’ll be involved tomorrow night. Federico Macheda will as well."

Whole article of SAF on Carling Cup here: http://bit.ly/co6kPf

my thoughts-

Kuszczak; Rafael, Wes, Smalling, Fabio; Bebe, Gibson, Anderson, Obertan; Kiko, Owen.

4-4-2

Ando, the twins and little pea, as a 60min sub, will shine at Glanford

I'd prefer to have Chicharito play instead of Owen as it would be better for the future of United. I think Fergie just wants to keep Owen happy though. Owen perhaps deserves a chance to impress more though as he hasn't played as much as Chicha or Kiko really.

Agree SEA that a CM partnership of Ando and Gibson is better than Fletch/Gibson.

My lineup:
Kuszczak; De Laet, Gill, Smalling, Fabio; Obertan, Gibson, Anderson, Bebe; Macheda, Owen.
Subs: Devlin, Brown, Rafael, Eikrem, Ajose, Hernandez, Corry Evans.

I think Gill is injured. Pulled out last night with a back injury.

Another great opportunity to see some Youngsters in action. I believe that this time, Rafael will play. My line up prediction:

TK; Rafa, Brown, Smalling, De Laet; Obertan, Gibbo, Ando, Park, Owen, Chicharito.

Bebe will play for sure, but I think it starts on the bench. If Ferdinand is already recovered, I think he will play as well

i asked one of the Manutd.com journalists and they said it was nothing big, he might feature against Scunthorpe, i pegged for a start since he's been impressive like Ajose so far this season

Amos,Gill,Fabio(Uncertain) Injured.

PIG To Start.Devlin On Bench.Rafael,Wes,Smalling,De Leat To Start.Obertan,Ando,Park,Gibbo.Bebe,Ajose,C.Evans Bench.Kiko,Owen Start.Chicha Bench. Fletch Also Bench.

My team

kuszchak
rafael
smalling
brown
fabio
Anderson
Gibson
obertan
owen
kiko
amos

An injured Amos on the wing Berba_God? I presume you mean Bebe or Park.

So what are we more excited about? Ando's possible return to the starting line up or Bebe's debut? or maybe there's something else you're more excited about?

Is it Rafael at LB? or is it 3-4-3 with Rafael on the Right wing?

Eikrem on't bench. :)

Fergie not at the game, he's in Spain... watching Valencia it is presumed.

Good to see Kiko, Owen and Chicha start. Hat Tricks all round upfront. Just joking, I think tonight will be tough.

Had a feeling hed go for all three up top - though likely that Macheda will come in from the left central position.

Good to see Wes and Raf given a run-out. I thought Wes looked decent last week despite it being his first game of the season. I can only imagine that SAF is saving his first choice (and most talented) Right backs for some of the tough games we have coming up - A feature of his selections in recent years, and why (partly), generally, we tend to ease our way into the season.

If Raf can learn the defensive side of his game from the club's best "natural defender", I think we have a potential world class right-back in our ranks.

Rio-Smalling should be a decent partnership too. Smalling did fantastically well in his debut lets hope for a repeat. Rio meanwhile, will be looking to prove a point having been unfairly dropped as captain IMO…..

JSNFRMN_MUFC said:
An injured Amos on the wing Berba_God? I presume you mean Bebe or Park.
I thought we may need two goalkeepers to cope with scunthorpes firing power :D

Kiko has been more central for the last 20 mins in my opinion, should have buried the header. Hernandez has been bullied all half. Ando looking good. I thought Rio's back had gone when he fell. Smalling been very good in defence, not bad up the other end either, strikers finish. Park struggling in my opinion. Wes Brown looking good. Rafael not bad. Kuszscak might be seen as unconvincing after the 1st half, to be fair though the balls he's had to deal with have been swerving quite a lot, to catch them would be tough, the one that nearly went in off him, hit the outside of his hand, as long as he keeps the ball out it don't matter. He had no chance with the goal. Who have I missed? Gibson, good goal, not bad passing. Owen ain't done much really.

2nd half...

Smalling Is looking a snip at 10 million. I am impressed with him again tonight. I went to the rangers match and he was the only one I was impressed with.

Berba_God said:
Smalling Is looking a snip at 10 million. I am impressed with him again tonight. I went to the rangers match and he was the only one I was impressed with.

Couldnt agree more. SMALLing going to be BIG….!

Smalling was brilliant, possibly MotM. This is why I love the Carling Cup. Love seeing these fringe players in action.

So glad Anderson is back his passing was quality i hope he and Obertan can play in the Prem soon

Bebe is looking like a true "inverted winger". Very impressed with little ive seen of him so far…

On a final note - still cant understand criticism of Phelan…and loving the new Berba song ;)

I got that feeling of watching CR when watching Bebe too. Similar physique too, Bebe probably bigger.

I've got no problem with Phelan.

I had a serious case of Deja Vu. He's improving all the time by the looks of it. Obertan did quite well tonight too. Valencia might be out till Feb but Obertan and Bebe have given us optimism.

It seems Utd fans cant make their mind up..First Carlos Q was holding us back and was overly cautious then he was the reason for our double….Let's be blunt; Phelan is just as respected by Fergie and the defensive frailties of late have not been the fault of Phelan - just pure stupidity. Morale looks high, the lads are ful of confidence and loving the re-invention of what is basically a 4-2-4 with Berba dropping into False 9 role, reminiscent of the Giggs Kanchelskis Cantona days!

First it was Nani then Berba now Phelan

Stop bloody moaning and scapegoating and lets get behind the team..

(new Berba song: Dimi-tar….Ber-ba-tov - to tune of Murderers…)

Sleepy said:
It seems Utd fans cant make their mind up..First Carlos Q was holding us back and was overly cautious then he was the reason for our double….Let's be blunt; Phelan is just as respected by Fergie and the defensive frailties of late have not been the fault of Phelan - just pure stupidity. Morale looks high, the lads are ful of confidence and loving the re-invention of what is basically a 4-2-4 with Berba dropping into False 9 role, reminiscent of the Giggs Kanchelskis Cantona days!

First it was Nani then Berba now Phelan

Stop bloody moaning and scapegoating and lets get behind the team..

(new Berba song: Dimi-tar….Ber-ba-tov - to tune of Murderers…)

Sleepy? Yes, let's be blunt. I'm not scapegoating anyone. It's called critiquing, providing a unbiased opinion, not wearing red tinted glasses. Not understanding that is pure stupidity.

I've NEVER heard anyone say Queiroz was holding us back. IDK nor do you know if Phelan is as respected by SAF. But, we all know he respects Queiroz & credits him 4 building the team b/c he said so. That's not an opinion but FACT.

To err is human but 2 consistently make the same mistake as a team is habitual denoting a lack of discipline & training. Who is responsible for instilling & maintaining these values in the players?

I'm 2 enlightened 2 blame a single player 4 a team failure. But there are those who bare more blame than others. PLEASE, darn near every foreign player has taken the blame for a loss & UTD, past & present. Yeah, you sing their praises now but the names I've heard some of them called... But there are English fans who like 2 scapegoat foreigners for the teams problems. I'm not English. So, I wasn't on that bandwagon.

Speaking of high morale on the pitch & showing it is 2 different things. Besides, what else are they gonna say? Consistent breakdown of discipline under pressure in games yet there is nothing wrong w/team preparation?... To sum up, I'm always optimistic but I'm also a realist. The day I don't care 2 critique my teams is the day I should follow another. You & I have completely different POV's babe so their is no more need be said.

SEA...Yes, you used overplay but it still comes down 2 lessening his role therefore the man himself. My opinion is based on the fact of how SAF feels about Queiroz himself & his part @ Utd.

The strong effect of a manager/coach can linger for awhile until the player/team slowly falls back in2 habit. Gruden success rode off Dungey"s long term hard work w/ the team, same as some suggest Guardiola has done off Rijkaard. But time soon tells if said replacement is adequate when the previous team ethic wears off from lack of influence.

Once again Scunthorpe, Carling Cup. No one except Utd supporters & SAF sympathizers believe he takes the Carling Cup seriously. But yes, he is a control freak & him missing any match 2 size up the competition, after only missing like 2 games in his UTD career...that speaks volumes to me.

PEACE S.E.A. ;)

Good performance overall. I don't expected much of the game, Scunthorpe is a poor team, but did not like formation. At first, the 4-3-3 seemed interesting, but in my opinion, it wasn't applied properly. Chicharito moved little and was always locked on the right side. Macheda was practically a CM in the first half. Anyway, it was difficult to understand who was who on the team.

For me, Smalling was the motm last night. Always in the right place, good tackles, and scored a goal and made the assist. Not bad for a centre back.

Anderson was OK yesterday. I thought he made many mistakes in the first half. Mainly in passing. Still missing in the ong passes, but for who was more than six months without playing, he was fine.

Park seemed lost in the first half. Many errors, barely touched the ball. But he improved a little in the second half with the space given by Scunthorpe. A goal and an assist. Decent display

TK pleased me too. Could not avoid the goals, but made three or four good saves. Made an error that almost ended in goal, but mad a good game.

Owen may be an injury prone, but his finishing is awesome. Reminds me of Solskjaer sometimes. Showed extreme coldness when scored his first goal yesterday. But the problem is that Rooney will not get out of the starting XI, while he's not in a good moment. And Berba is simply the best team's player so far. And like SAF previously said, he will not play with Rooney and Owen together, so, Owen will continue with few chances.

Speaking of remembering, I don't not know about you guys, but Bebe reminds me of Ronaldo a lot. Perhaps the similarity is not very clear, because is very tall. But notice the way he runs, the shooting, some dribbling.... There is a similarity there.

Eikrem and Evans could have played yesterday. The game was already won in second half.

City out, Liverpool Out, Chelsea in Out .... The way is less complicated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back