Red Cards​
0​
0​
0​
0​
0​

Pre-Season 2019/20: Manchester United 2-1 Tottenham Hotspur - 25th July 2019

Nailed on to start vs Chelsea?

I think he’s been superb in pre-season and is growing so much. He’s bulked up more and is adding to his game after game. If it was a choice between him and Matic then McT would win hands down right now.

Nailed on to start vs Chelsea?

I think he’s been superb in pre-season and is growing so much. He’s bulked up more and is adding to his game after game. If it was a choice between him and Matic then McT would win hands down right now.

I'd say he's nailed on to start because there's no other choice... But yeah I'd start him over Matic though my guess would be it'll be Matic, Pogba and McTominay as our starting midfield. And then who the hell is back up? Fred? And that's it?

If he’s starting it just shows we haven’t addressed things in the market properly.

The club needs to sort things out instead it’s going on the cheap and gambling on kids.

I have changed my mind on McTominay but this kid shouldn’t be starting he wouldn’t start at clubs like Everton, Wolves or Leicester he shouldn’t be starting at Utd.

Premier League: Wolverhampton Wanderers 1-1 Manchester United - 19th August 2019

His passing went to pieces in the second half.

He's got a good attitude, passionate and works hard but if he's a top 3 midfielder at this club then it says more about a very poor position.

Premier League: Manchester United 1-2 Crystal Palace - 24th August 2019

He’s simply not good enough to be a regular starter at club like United.

Premier League: Manchester United 1-2 Crystal Palace - 24th August 2019

He’s simply not good enough to be a regular starter at club like United.
Can't argue with that. Hard working, clearly passionate about the club but doesn't have the quality for most games.

I had hopes for him after a good pre-season but yeah as a starter he’s not good enough. I highly doubt he’d even be a bench option for teams like City and Liverpool. He should be a bench option right now and nothing more.

Still can’t believe we sold Herrera and Fellaini and not bought in one central midfielder. It’s criminal it really is.

It absolutely is criminal and I would love to know who is to blame. Is it the glazers who won't release money. Is the money there but Woodward doesn't know how to spend it. Does Ole think we have the right midfield. Hard to believe but who knows

If he’s starting it just shows we haven’t addressed things in the market properly.

The club needs to sort things out instead it’s going on the cheap and gambling on kids.

I have changed my mind on McTominay but this kid shouldn’t be starting he wouldn’t start at clubs like Everton, Wolves or Leicester he shouldn’t be starting at Utd.

I said this before the season started and I stand by it we’ve taken a huge gamble and if we don’t get top 4 this season it’ll be hard to get the sort of players we want to come as it will still feel like a stagnant club.

This lad gives his all but he’s out of his depth and the senior boys like Matic & Fred need to step up and take that shirt off him but neither are anywhere to be seen

McTominay is going to have to learn extremely fast if this is going to work as Pogba is currently doing everything in midfield.

I don’t think you can say Pogba is doing everything in midfield. The only thing he done was any consistency on Saturday is pass the ball off the pitch.

I don’t think you can say Pogba is doing everything in midfield. The only thing he done was any consistency on Saturday is pass the ball off the pitch.

Didn’t say he was doing it well.

He’s expected to be our ball winner, play maker and goal scorer at the moment and look after McTominay I didn’t watch on Saturday but in the 2 previous games I thought he was basically a 1 man midfield and he’d done the job well.

I quite like him in this slightly deeper role in a 2 but we need a proper number 10 ahead of him that he can play into and link with and I think you want a more destructive player alongside him.

Assuming he even still exists I’d quite like to see Fred given a run alongside Pogba in that 2 butfor whatever reason he seems out of the frame currently.

I’m starting to think Fred was a figment of the imagination. We heard loads about this £50m centre mid man and he just hasn’t actually existed.

I’m starting to think Fred was a figment of the imagination. We heard loads about this £50m centre mid man and he just hasn’t actually existed.

Darmian
Dalot
Fred
Sanchez

Players I constantly forget even play for us never even know if they’re fit or not

Premier League: Manchester United 1-1 Arsenal - 30th September 2019

United's best player on the night?

He has been our best performer, but what does that say. Should Scott Mctominay be in our starting 11 if we want to compete?
I don't know, does he just look good because of what's around him. Where would he be in other top teams squads I wonder.

He’s been our best player of the season I would say but he hasn’t had a whole lot of competition. I do think he’s improving game on game. I would say he’s similar to Fletcher, what he lacks in technical ability he makes up for in drive and work ethic. He’s not the finished article yet obviously but great to see a young local lad doing so well.

Don’t think he’s looked out of place all season against anyone been consistent for us and is showing some potential leadership qualities he doesn’t hide away, takes the ball and has developed that confidence on the all that was lacking early on when he came in.

It’s damning that our midfield has been diminished to a level where he is our best option but he’s doing nothing wrong if he was your first sub/rotation option in midfield you’d be laughing.

Man Utd vs Liverpool

Our best player so far this season thought he was excellent again yesterday really growing into something special as a player and shows signs of leadership qualities that have been lacking takes responsibility in the middle of the park.

I did not see this player under Jose he looked like a lost boy who was scared to do anything but this season he's turned into a man and you have to say well done to Ole and the coaches they're really getting through to this kid.

Premier League: Norwich City 1-3 Manchester United - 27th October 2019

Really growing as a midfielder, he’s turning into a real driving force and can see his leadership qualities emerging. Had my doubts going into this season but he’s developing very very nicely indeed. Brilliantly taken goal yesterday as well.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

League Cup: Chelsea 1-2 Manchester United - 30th October 2019

He bossed it.

Turning into a real leader. Still got learning to do but future United captain IMO. He ran that midfield and he is so strong. He will still make mistakes but once he matures in the role a little bit then he’s going to be so good. Also one good thing about him is because he used to be an attacking player he knows what to do in the final third too.

Premier League: Manchester United 2-1 Tottenham Hotspur - 4th December 2019

Herrera who? He bossed it.

I think everyone agreed we’d massively been missing McTominay (which highlights the exact point about Herrera). In fact it’s all most of us were saying what exactly are you expecting from a team that’s starting Fred and Periera in midfield. He was excellent last night and without Him, Pogba, Matic the team has really struggled.

McTominay isn’t a better footballer than Herrera (yet I hasten to add) so his return really highlights how threadbare we are. We shouldn’t be missing a player of McTominays quality the amount that we are.

Hopefully with his return and the imminent return of Pogba the team can put together a string of results and move in the right direction.

He made a huge difference, Fred and Pereira are too lightweight

The progress he's made in a few months is massive become a vital part of the team who we really miss when he's not available.

Sounds like he's played through the pain last night will he be ready to go again at the weekend?

Yeah he really did make a difference. He can still be sloppy at times but he’s really come on leaps and bounds. Also by god he is strong, he just brushed Kane off the ball in one of the battles like he was a feather.

I think he will be fine for the weekend, got a few rest days now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back