Scott McTominay | Match Discussion thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's getting better and better. I'm stating the obvious but he's massively important for this United team.

Premier League: Watford 2-0 Manchester United - 22nd December 2019

His worst performance of the season. He was awful.

Let’s hope the injury isn’t to serious knee ligaments always makes you assume the worst.

Ole says 3 or 4 weeks.

Means he misses FA cup 3rd round plus both legs of the semi vs City.

I do think his form had dropped off a bit but I think it’s the big games where we will miss him as he brings so much energy and bite in the midfield.

Apparently out for a couple of months? That's a real blow because he's a driving force in midfield. Who'd have thought that at the beginning of the year.

yes, we need midfield reinforcements this window, or we will struggle.

I think he was starting to get a little over rated by some before his injury I think he’d lost a bit of form and needed a break but we will really miss him if he’s out for 2 months.

Club desperately needs to get 2 midfielders in January even if they are loan deals we are bare bones and I do t think the academy guys are ready in this position.

Europa League: Manchester United 5-0 Club Brugge - 27th February 2020

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

It was like he’d never been away. Obviously it was easier once they had a man sent off but him, Fred and Fernandes ran the midfield. Top finish too, think he could become a 10-15 goal a year midfielder because he is a very accomplished finisher as he used to be a striker. Perfect night all round.

It was like he’d never been away. Obviously it was easier once they had a man sent off but him, Fred and Fernandes ran the midfield. Top finish too, think he could become a 10-15 goal a year midfielder because he is a very accomplished finisher as he used to be a striker. Perfect night all round.
It really was the perfect match for his return, as you said, with only 10 men he had less pressure on him. He looked like he was really enjoying himself. He plays with a lot of joy normally, and seeing him after he got his goal was priceless. I love what he brings to the team, not only his awareness and reading of danger, but his energy and commitment have been sorely lacking in the side the last few years. I agree he's got double digits goals in him, just have to get him on the end of some late runs into the box.

Premier League: Manchester United 2-0 Manchester City - 8th March 2020

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Great to have him back after that injury.

Great punishment of a mistake bet he loved that goal.

What is going on with Scott? Superb earlier in the year but looking a shadow of himself. Could be down to lack of playing minutes but I'm not even sure where he fits in now in this team. He's not a cdm, nor really a box to box player and he doesn't quite cut it as a midfield general.

I think McT will be a fine player for us but he needs game time.
Next season will be long and busy. There will be no shortage of opportunity for him.

Think he's just lacking a bit of match rhythm hasn't played much since restart same with Fred so can take a few games to get back in the swing of things.

Going to be lots of games in a short period next season so we will have to see more rotation especially Matic who can't be expected to start every game so unless a new player comes in will be plenty of chances for McTominay next season.

Hopefully he can rediscover his form from the start of the season still got areas to improve on mainly playing quicker and with more accuracy in terms of his passing but he's still learning.

This goes for McTom, Fred and James, match rhythm is no excuse, you need to be ready. Nicky Butt and Ole never needed to get match rhythm.

If you're not ready when needed you're at the wrong club.

This goes for McTom, Fred and James, match rhythm is no excuse, you need to be ready. Nicky Butt and Ole never needed to get match rhythm.

If you're not ready when needed you're at the wrong club.

That's nonsense mate those guys came in and out of games regularly getting subbed on or starting games they also came in to the team where the rest of the first team were playing very rarely would they have started a game where Utd make 10 changes to the regular starting XI.

These lads have basically had 5 months off competitive football made a few sub appearances over 2 months then been chucked in.

Yeah next season they need to be ready because they will play more but you only get ready by playing regularly.

they weren't exactly playing man city though.

You need to take your chances or accept you're a bit part.

It's not like they don't kick a ball for 3 months then get asked to put a shift in at OT for 90 mins! There are professional footballers and should have some degree of being able to play, training surely would be at a high tempo anyway. You gotta take chances at a big club when offered, there is too much competition for places usually. You're not going to see Ole saying to Lingard that he will give him a run of 10 games to see if he is worth keeping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back